The Official Common>>>>>>>>>Tupac

Comments

• jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    I perfer Pac's vocal clarity over Common's nasal voice flow but Com should definately get more props than he does. Idk about top 3 DOA type of ? but yeah he's definately a good writer. Too bad he has to learn how to dress all over again after Badu put that curse on his closet once he ? her and he started dressin like Freddy kruguer N ? .
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Puffy Daddy is good.....but Wutang is for the children
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Why anytime someone says *insert rapper*>>>pac does the ? gotta be blasphemy?

Pac ain't ? it's plenty of ? who can rap circles around him.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    California love is garbage

Its a regional song that jacked the beat from Epmd 'knick knack patty wack' from 89

They sped it up and put roger troutman on it nothin original about it

? that song and the video sucked thats one of pac biggest hits and it was a remix of epmd and roger and zapp

I use to love her>>>>>Any song pac ever made

Resurrection>>>>>>
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Its a regional song that jacked the beat from Epmd 'knick knack patty wack' from 89

? that song and the video sucked thats one of pac biggest hits and it was a remix of epmd and roger and zapp

I ain't never liked that song!
  • ROFL.GUY
    ROFL.GUY Members Posts: 3,117 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    there no greater ARTIST in the history of HIP-HOP than Tupac Shakur

sure there thousands of rappers that can rap circles around him from a technical standpoint

but why cant thoses thousands of rappers make TIMELESS CLASSIC MUSIC that PAC HAS?

?????
  • Hustle Crow
    Hustle Crow Members Posts: 133
    edited November 2011

No actually it was sampled from Joe cockers woman to woman.
  • CJ
    edited November 2011
    ROFL.GUY wrote: »
    there no greater ARTIST in the history of HIP-HOP than Tupac Shakur

sure there thousands of rappers that can rap circles around him from a technical standpoint

but why cant thoses thousands of rappers make TIMELESS CLASSIC MUSIC that PAC HAS?

?????

Coms music>>>pacs

Jays>>>pacs

Nas music>>>pacs

Kanye music>>>pacs

Biggies>>>pacs

That's just a few.
  • jek
    edited November 2011
    cj012890 wrote: »
    Coms music>>>pacs

Jays>>>pacs

Nas music>>>pacs

Kanye music>>>pacs

Biggies>>>pacs

That's just a few.

the Jay Z ? is definately reaching. But yall in title to yall opinion but i find it commical that this man that's been Dead 15 something years cant R.I.P and generate this much hate. yeah Pac had a few misses as far as some songs but come on.... ? in here talkin ? about California love but they like "Forever Young" with that corny ass fake Phil Collins whiteman singing the hook??? wow
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    edited November 2011
    No actually it was sampled from Joe cockers woman to woman.

well Knick knack patty wack does sample woman to woman like 7 yrs earlier...... so Bilfigger is right
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Common is the better rapper, Pac is the better artist.

Common shines at thought provoking/female based type of songs. There is not a single topic Pacc can't adress in a rap song. No one wants to hear Common on a party/hype track.

But like I said, Common is the better rapper
  • Hustle Crow
    edited November 2011
    I stand corrected but epmd sampled it 1st

But nobody gives a ? about epmd in 2011 2pacs music is getting way more play.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    "I used to love H.E.R." >>>> any Tupac song.....
    Common is a grass-root drinking, Cosby sweater wearing ass ? , but he could paint a picture way better than Pac....he made ? soulful, Pac wanted to parade around like he was the most untouchable force walking on two legs and that he was a modern-day Malcolm...? him! Even though Common didn't have the same impact amongst young people, his message >>> Tutu Shakur
  • CJ
    edited November 2011
    jek wrote: »
    the Jay Z ? is definately reaching. ? in here talkin ? about California love but they like "Forever Young" with that corny ass fake Phil Collins whiteman singing the hook??? wow

Jay got 12 albums & you pick that song?

Ok
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    edited November 2011
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Common is the better rapper, Pac is the better artist.

Common shines at thought provoking/female based type of songs. There is not a single topic Pacc can't adress in a rap song. No one wants to hear Common on a party/hype track.

But like I said, Common is the better rapper
    Obviously u have not really listened to Common.....
  • Hustle Crow
    edited November 2011
    Lol jigga is so overrated ? is digusting 3 albums they were cool, but after that dude became a bore.
  • jek
    edited November 2011
    Jay got 12 albums & you pick that song?

Ok

? only got 2 above average albums the rest are overrated as ? but im not tryna get started.
  • CJ
    edited November 2011
    jek wrote: »
    ? only got 2 above average albums the rest are overrated as ? but im not tryna get started.

I can say the same abt Pac but I'm not tryna get started.
  • Hustle Crow
    edited November 2011
    Pacs music aint timeless all that 91-93 garbage sounds dated as ? ,matter of fact his whole catalog is dated it sound like 1994

Every song sound like 1994-95

biggie music is timeless cuz you can play big poppa,things done changed,? bleed,one more chance,you're nobody til somebody kills you and it sounds like some 2009 GOAT ?

Biggie,Jigga,Kanye,Nas,common,master P,etc all have timeless music

Lol master p really? I'll agree with kanye but biggie hell no I like him but his music is dated.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011

/thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Yamoley wrote: »
    "I used to love H.E.R." >>>> any Tupac song.....
    Common is a grass-root drinking, Cosby sweater wearing ass ? , but he could paint a picture way better than Pac....he made ? soulful, Pac wanted to parade around like he was the most untouchable force walking on two legs and that he was a modern-day Malcolm...? him! Even though Common didn't have the same impact amongst young people, his message >>> Tutu Shakur
    LOL that was after he got hit with that Badu ? . But he was a straight hip hop cat before then. All his early vids are straight Chicago
  • jek
    edited November 2011
    I can say the same abt Pac but I'm not tryna get started.

but Jay aint dead, just his lyrical talent and courage to battle is. Pac been dead as ? for a long time, how come we get these Pac was not good, SO and SO >>>>> than Pac ? threads seem like every damn week like Pac made a wack song last tuesday N ? . why is Pac even on people mind so much? all these wack ? damn artist out here Rick Ross ANybody on Young Money, there are a whole bunch of stupid ? by people that's alive RIGHT NOW that ? can say Common >>>> so and so but Pac dead as ? and still a target SMH at yall ?
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011

Because when people say "insert rapper >>>> Pac" it automatically makes Pac the standard. They know it's going to draw more attention to put Pac on the less than side because Pac is more widely accepted. So actually saying "insert rapper >>>>>Pac" speaks more of the insecurity in the musical taste of the person making the statement than it does of the person saying it's blasphemy. It's like seeing how many people share the same opinion rather than just being comfortable in just preferring (insert rapper) over Pac.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    lol @ break from selling ? ......

i agree common>>>>
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011