West Indies

adagreat
adagreat Members Posts: 679
edited August 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
How many of yall have west indian ties, if so rep the country/island, have you been there and how did you like it?
Jamaica is most popular but trini is poppin for real! trini women are sweet fo sho!

Comments

• spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    I was in trinidad & Tobago last year for a few weeks....Bake & Shark, Doubles, and Apple Soda FTW
  • adagreat
    edited May 2010
    spit_fiya wrote: »
    I was in trinidad & Tobago last year for a few weeks....Bake & Shark, Doubles, and Apple Soda FTW

GOAT!!!!!!!!
    a hot roti on a nice day is the shizit! maybe i'm bias but lets talk about it!
  • betterthenu84
    betterthenu84 Members Posts: 861
    edited May 2010
    Jamaica got fam there and I lived there for like 6 months...loved it. And I'll rep the Dominican cuz I got fam from there too.
  • greatgodman
    greatgodman Members Posts: 155 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    my parents are from Jamaica, and Trinidad is overrated, but you right about the ? though. OH and don't ? with the Jamaican ppl. 60% of that island got aids or is it 40%. i not sure but the percentage is pretty high.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    My fam is GUYANESE. ive never been to Guyana though...

for all u people who dont know where it is...its on the south america continent...the only english speaking country in SA. North east of Brazil.
  • adagreat
    edited May 2010
    my parents are from Jamaica, and Trinidad is overrated, but you right about the ? though. OH and don't ? with the Jamaican ppl. 60% of that island got aids or is it 40%. i not sure but the percentage is pretty high.

oh yea you right on the aids ting cuz i heard in trinidad they call it help cuz after u get it you will need all the help u can get! smh! lol
  • iAMNOVA
    iAMNOVA Members Posts: 2,493 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    I'm from Brdgetown,Barbados...i came stateside when i was 10...
  • hummingbird
    hummingbird Members, Banned Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭
    edited May 2010

Proof please.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    My fam is GUYANESE. ive never been to Guyana though...

for all u people who dont know where it is...its on the south america continent...the only english speaking country in SA. North east of Brazil.

it's a lot of Guyanese immigrants in DC

A lot of Trinis and Jakes too

Shoutout to my Kingston and Clarendon massive
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    iAMNOVA wrote: »
    I'm from Brdgetown,Barbados...i came stateside when i was 10...

whats ur family name...my brother in law is from Barbados...they family big as ? .
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    adagreat wrote: »
    GOAT!!!!!!!!
    a hot roti on a nice day is the shizit! maybe i'm bias but lets talk about it!

Oh yeaaaa...how can I forget about the Rotis...oh..cant forget the ? ...well, everyone doesnt rock with the chicken feet ? but I rocks with it
  • greatgodman
    greatgodman Members Posts: 155 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    http://www.avert.org/caribbean.htm

http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/jamaica_statistics.html#66

Estimated adult ? prevalence rate (aged 15–49), 2007

Estimated number of people (all ages) living with ? , 2007 (thousands), estimate

Estimated number of people (all ages) living with ? , 2007 (thousands), low estimate

Estimated number of people (all ages) living with ? , 2007 (thousands), high estimate

Mother–to–child transmission, Estimated number of women (aged 15+) living with ? , 2007 (thousands)

Paediatric infections, Estimated number of children (aged 0–14) living with ? , 2007 (thousands)

-

Prevention among young people, ? prevalence among young people (aged 15–24), 2007, male

Prevention among young people, ? prevalence among young people (aged 15–24), 2007, female

Prevention among young people, % who have comprehensive knowledge of ? , 2003–2008*, male

-

Prevention among young people, % who have comprehensive knowledge of ? , 2003–2008*, female

Prevention among young people, % who used condom at last higher–risk sex, 2003–2008*, male

-

Prevention among young people, % who used condom at last higher–risk sex, 2003–2008*, female

-

Orphans, Children (aged 0–17) orphaned by AIDS, 2007, estimate (thousands)

-

Orphans, Children (aged 0–17) orphaned due to all causes, 2007, estimate (thousands)

Orphans, Orphan school attendance ratio, 2003–2008*
  • brooklynMillz
    brooklynMillz Members Posts: 113
    edited May 2010
    Reppin' GT AKA
    Georgetown Guyana, thats where all my fam is from
    Hope to go down there for the summer
  • hummingbird
    edited May 2010
    this is from your first link... (see the bolded)

CountryLiving with ? /AIDSDeaths due to
    AIDS during 2007All people
    Adult (15-49)
    rate % Bahamas6,2003.0<200Barbados2,2001.2<100Cuba6,2000.1<100Dominican Republic62,0001.13,900Haiti120,0002.2
    7,500Jamaica27,0001.61,400Trinidad and Tobago14,0001.5
    <1,000
    It should be noted that the above figures are estimates and are made with a large degree of uncertainty. For example, the number of people living with ? in Haiti is estimated as being between 100,000 and 140,000, and the figure for Cuba lies in the range 3,600 to 12,000.
  • hummingbird
    edited May 2010
    fromy our second link...

Estimated adult ? prevalence rate (aged 15–49), 2007

that is the precentage number.... not the 36 you highlighted.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Born and raised in St. Anne's Bay, Jamaica. I have family in Kingston, Mandeville,Ochi,etc. SMH at that buffoon with his aids stats for Jamaica, stop talking out your ass ? .
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    I guess I lost for being African :(
  • Digicel_woman
    Digicel_woman Members Posts: 60
    edited May 2010
    guyana all the way...i just got back from there last week tues. The place is real nice i'm thinking of moving back
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    BIG UPS! to my Caribbean people
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Man I haven't been to Jamaica in like 5 years, college and lack of money killing my chances of going back. Most of my fams are down there.
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    My mothers from st Thomas my dads from Antigua

Chea love the islands!!!!
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Jamaica daaaawg

I'm going back this winter
  • Ace Boon
    Ace Boon Members Posts: 880 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    I have no ties, but I've been to Jamaica and the people were friendly.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Born and raised in St. Anne's Bay, Jamaica. I have family in Kingston, Mandeville,Ochi,etc. SMH at that buffoon with his aids stats for Jamaica, stop talking out your ass ? .

That's were my kids are right now. Their mother is Jamaican.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    That's were my kids are right now. Their mother is Jamaican.

I probably know them, everyone knows my pops (rip) in that general area. I went to St. Annes bay secondary and primary school, and my pop was the chief police officer there too.