Digging for samples on Youtube: Yay or Nay?

Options
2»

Comments

• money mob
    money mob Members Posts: 420
    edited December 2011
    Options
    its funny that we are talking about this because I just got laced with a box of 45s yesterday.

And this brings me to my next thing....

Part of the reason why I also do some e-digging is because I have some dope records with scratches in the best parts. That ? is frustrating as hell. I just grab the MP3 version of the album online for backup.

I also agree with Tony. But the way I see it, either diggers embrace doing the knowledge or get lost. Either way, its no sweat off anyone's back but theirs. Most e-digging cats dont even know who to dig for or even know HOW to dig efficiently.
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    Kang_Solomon_Grundy Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    A lot of truth in this post. I copped Idris Muhammad's "Power of Soul" album for .75, and you know that album came out with 3 different album covers and hard as hell to find on wax. And it was on the CTI label that went out of print in the 70's. You can find the cd easily but wax not as much.

But when you out digging you find some gems and I've copped some unknown ? just by looking at a crazy cover and it had some musical gems on the album. I've spent up to 4 hours in a record store digging, chopping it up with other dj's that come through. We brainstorm and exchange info while we digging, and like my man said how he met Q-Tip digging, that's some cool ? because he is a crate digger.

And like Tony my ? is sitting pretty too, got insurance on my ? , I even have this in my collection, and it's not a repress either
    41N0653ZBKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

one of my favs - broke one while moving and found another one; I used to by Kudu joints off-rip
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    money mob wrote: »
    its funny that we are talking about this because I just got laced with a box of 45s yesterday.

And this brings me to my next thing....

Part of the reason why I also do some e-digging is because I have some dope records with scratches in the best parts. That ? is frustrating as hell. I just grab the MP3 version of the album online for backup.

I also agree with Tony. But the way I see it, either diggers embrace doing the knowledge or get lost. Either way, its no sweat off anyone's back but theirs. Most e-digging cats dont even know who to dig for or even know HOW to dig efficiently.
    Bam! You just said a mouthfull then. And they not even really sampling, they just looping a chorus instead of different parts of a song
  • king hassan
    edited December 2011
    Options
    one of my favs - broke one while moving and found another one; I used to by Kudu joints off-rip

Man that album is the ? , the first song on there is a Kool G Rap sample. I also got the one with "Crabapple" on there. I found mines in a resale shop on Stony Island for a buck. I was looking for something else, never even knew who he was, I was in my mid 20's. I just bought it off a whim and did'nt realize I had a classic hard to obtain record. I got the yellow cover, my boy Gary got the black one and this cat Kareem got the red cover.
  • king hassan
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Some of my records I've bought over the years. Got some on the left of this stack and plenty more in the basement Attachment not found.
  • king hassan
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    you're collection needs work

dremelman1.jpg
    I have way more than that, they're in the basement, and it's 9 crates to the left of that. So I have been working on my collection homie. And plus they doing that for a living, you supposed to have a lot of records like that. I've seen Pete Rocks, Jermaine Dupri, Jazzy Jeffs, those cats make my ? look puny.