Janelle Monae : The ArchAndroid

2»

Comments

• nuri
    nuri Members Posts: 457
    edited June 2010
    She was clearly inspired by Lauryn Hill on that Neon Valley Street.
    Which is a good thing.
    Solid album. Highly underrated.
  • a_wack_poster
    a_wack_poster Members Posts: 588 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    wizv.2 wrote: »
    I hate tossing that C word out so early, but after a full week of spinning this.............

...aiight put it like this, The ArchAndroid is one of those albums that will still be in discussion 20 years from now. Props to Diddy for signing her...she's gonna be around for a long time.

I'm gonna refrain from using that C word for now, but this is far and away the best album I've heard all year at least.

that put a nice little ribbon on this thread

Locked Inside & Cold War are song we'll be playing at cook outs for years to come
  • BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I like this album myself. I hope the powers that be don't get too wrapped up in record sells. I know they want to make their money, but people like me do not go out and buy albums unless they really like it. There are too many artists on labels today putting out ? and calling it music because they get 6 figure numbers in the first week. I appreciate a good artist like Janelle. They are too few and far between.
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I want to impregnate Janelle Monae.
  • supern0va_
    supern0va_ Members Posts: 214
    edited July 2010
    well. she caught my attention after that bet awards performance! i bought the album and gave it a full listen and it's great. i'm mad i've been missing out. Cold War is amazing. just got that tightrope remix too.
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    supern0va_ wrote: »
    well. She caught my attention after that bet awards performance! I bought the album and gave it a full listen and it's great. I'm mad i've been missing out. Cold war is amazing. Just got that tightrope remix too.

yay!!!!!!!!!
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Listened to tightrope and the remix then cold war.

Getting this album for sure.
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited July 2010
    I listen to this album two days ago. It still a little different for me but I did find some songs that I like: Mushrooms and Roses,Wondaland, and 57821.
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    what a lovely woman she is