Bad GPA in College

Options
Catalyst2012
Catalyst2012 Members Posts: 77 ✭✭
edited January 2012 in Growing Pains
Right now my GPA is a 2.3 as a sophmore (a couple of credits short of being a junior). Im majoring in computer science and Im trynna pull my grades together. Anybody got stories of them getting their grades back on track in college? Drop your stories

Comments

• Catalyst2012
    Catalyst2012 Members Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    how'd you get on academic probation?
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    was put on academic probation my junior year...
    dropped out...
    transfered... graduated with a 3.8...
    currently at 3.8 in grad school...
    ? ? ... it can be done...

That ? is pretty much impossible. I'm in my junior year and my GPA is 3.6 and I want to graduate with a 3.8 but it seems like it's impossible and I would need to 4.0 every class from here on out.
  • XIII
    XIII Members Posts: 631
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i don't know what gpa means in america, but i got a 3.2 and its looking like it will drop a few notches before the year is done.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I graduated with 2.4. But hey, I graduated. If you want to go to grad school you'll have to get your grades up. As for me, I'm done with school & done taking out loans for that.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    *currently trying to avoid being kicked out post*
  • XIII
    XIII Members Posts: 631
    edited November 2011
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    I graduated with 2.4. But hey, I graduated. If you want to go to grad school you'll have to get your grades up. As for me, I'm done with school & done taking out loans for that.
    a bsc doesn't mean ? in this day and age, if your going to stop there then you might as well not go
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    In the real world, no one gives a ? . And no, a grad degree isn't necessary in every field.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    *currently trying to avoid being kicked out post*

? ? you and Roy Jones jr!
  • darryl_jenks
    darryl_jenks Members Posts: 328
    edited November 2011
    Options
    After my sophomore year i was sittin' at a 2.4,right now i'm at a 3.2,i just had to move off campus bro and start taking ? at least half-way serious.Cut all that excess ? out.
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Are you partying too hard or just struggling? Both happened to me. I cut back on the partying only Friday, Sat. and studied Sun-Thurs. I struggled a lot with classes I chose and decided to pick classes I was more interested in. You may even want to change your major if it's too much.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    XIII wrote: »
    a bsc doesn't mean ? in this day and age, if your going to stop there then you might as well not go

I agree. I realized that college today is now just another money grab in order to get you in rediculous debt to get an 60,000 (if you're lucky) job. I'm done with school.
  • Rey Negro
    Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    bruh. i graduated high school with a 1.7 GPA or a 1.9 GPA. I can't remember, it was atrocious.

fast forward 5 years.

in school with a scholarship and a 3.8 GPA. it can be done.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    you have a great field

its definitely not impossible to get that to a 3.0 but you really have to work for it...its just not gonna happen cause you want it to

you need work experience as well....you NEED THAT
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Rey ? wrote: »
    bruh. i graduated high school with a 1.7 GPA or a 1.9 GPA. I can't remember, it was atrocious.

fast forward 5 years.

in school with a scholarship and a 3.8 GPA. it can be done.

What College let u in with those grades?????????
  • Rey Negro
    Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    What College let u in with those grades?????????

Graduated HS in 2006. Took a few city college classes but, I generally still didn't get a ? about school.

In 2009, the Recession hit my pockets HARD. Went from working two jobs and stuntin to looking bummy. Moms was ? at me to make something of myself. That experience made me want to get my sh*t together. Transferred to a small HBCU that summer. Got straight A's my freshman year.

Transferred to a top school the next year and they gave me a scholarship.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I was in my don't give a F mode and stopped going to several classes without withdrawing from them and just got F's for nothing, other than not caring. Still graduated, and never got kicked out. Failed art because I did not go to class not even to take tests and did not even bother to withdraw before the drop day. Yes, I went through quite a ignorant and careless stage but still graduated without ever getting kicked out, put on probation, or having to leave for a semester. College really is a test of will and endurance as someone else suggested.
  • love yal
    love yal Members Posts: 1,327
    edited December 2011
    Options
    1.7 got the studying more made it to 2.4.....its better than 1.0..or below...we all smart...just focus more...if put more reading and studying you can master it
    I thought college was hard, its takes time, with all the pressure, ask many questions towards the teachers....get a group study involve. Start some fun study games is another reason why students get 3.0 or higher in there g.p.a!
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'm starting with a 2.2 but I can easily break a 3.0+ if I actually try.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I graduated high school with a really ? one. something like 2.3 just finished my first semester of college before the holidays with a 3.3 and that was barely passing a music appreciation class, the easiest of all my classes lmao
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but does the course your redoing count as additional credits?
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote:

If you've already received credits for the course (completed it fully and passed) then you will not receive additional credits.

lol, if you did everyone would just keep redoing the same course. After second year you'd be gettin 100% on everything.

That is how my school is...
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Really?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? up my first 2 years of school gpa fell to a 1 something. Changed majors got focused and graduated with a like a 2.8. It was hard cuz Bama was on the plus minus system. Was able to get into a master's program gotmy masters and am working in my field had a 4.0 in grad school lol its all about being able to network yourself and boucing back u got plenty of time just dont ? up again.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had stayed barely above a 2.0 my freshman and sophmore year. Took some time off and went back and flunked out. But last semester I had a 3.4 and I just got all my financial aid in the mail and itwas like 5G so I'm righ muthafucka and I'm moving out the slums.
  • Fly_King
    Fly_King Members Posts: 136
    Options
    put in the work.