Wow. Look At This 600 Million Year Old "Pharaoh" Sea Animal

Options
toomy
toomy Members Posts: 369
edited November 2011 in The Social Lounge
http://dailyorganism.blogspot.com/2011/11/elrathia-kingii.html

This 600 million year old sea animal or crab reminds me of an Egyptian Pharoah Tomb. But the most interesting part is that they didn't use oxygen to breathe. Instead they used something called Sulphur Bacteria. This got me thinking about something I read in Black Roots Science. I know most don't believe but according to the author; the Elohim in the near future will eliminate most of the oxygen on Earth which will result in bombs and guns being disable. Without oxygen all the bombs the United States have along with the rest of the world powers will not work. But if that indeed happens how will people breathe and survive without oxygen? Maybe studying how this 600 million year old ? will be the answer. Also after the solar maximus of 2012 scientists predicts 100 years of cold weather. Cold weather equals less oxygen.

3207_0.jpg

galptyElrkin.jpg

Elrathia kingii is a species of trilobite; the trilobites were the first dominant form of complex life on this planet with over 20,000 species dominating the oceans (and probably fresh water habitats as well) from over half a billion years ago until less than a quarter of a billion years ago, when the last of the trilobites went extinct. They are a type of arthropod (current arthropods include ? and spiders) and were, as far as we currently know, the first animals with complex eyes. They are a fascinating group of animals, but the species that we are interested in today, Elrathia kingii, was especially interesting. Elrathia kingii is only found in certain fossil beds in Utah. Unusually for trilobites, where it is found it is the only species of trilobite found, and it is found in massive numbers (up to 500 individuals per square meter). Elrathia kingii lived 509 million years ago, when Utah was deep under the ocean, in areas where there was virtually no oxygen to be found. It appears that they probably managed to survive there by utilizing chemoautotrophic sulphur bacteria (bacteria that use the energy released from breaking bonds in sulphur compounds instead of from breaking the bonds in oxygen molecules like most life on earth) in much the same way that we see some life forms surviving in deep sea hydrothermal vent ecosystems today. Elrathia kingii managed to divorce its lifestyle entirely away from the world of photosynthesis, which was the basis for nearly all other complex life on earth at the time, much as it still is today.

Comments