Has anyone in here ever been a member of Quixtar, Amway or 5Linx??

death187sin
death187sin Members Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in Strictly Business
I'm asking because I've been approached by a representative from each claiming they can help me see more doe but I had to attend some seminar to see how the plan worked?? Anybody know anything about these?

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    I'm asking because I've been approached by a representative from each claiming they can help me see more doe but I had to attend some seminar to see how the plan worked?? Anybody know anything about these?

Man just do your research.

I would never do any of them but that is me. If you are not a aggressive person, then I wouldnt do it because it is like working for a commission. Also most of those network marketing schemes have you selling the company and people signing up than selling the product. 5 linx is a pretty good one because the product is at least okay. But if any body has any kind of tech knowledge I wouldnt touch that with a stick.

Amway is old school like that juice stuff. So making money on that is all product. And they have products.

Be cautious with all of them and understand. You will be told "no" more than "yes"! I wouldnt do it but that is just me. People make money but they have lost friends and family over it. With the constant being hit up about going to a proposal.
  • cutthecrapolabuddy
    cutthecrapolabuddy Members Posts: 367
    edited June 2010
    quixtar=amway

anyway, you have to pay a fee to sign up. you get a "package" with stuff to help you out. then, you have to continuously pay more money to re-up on the products. also, you gotta buy a ? load of the products yourself to help you get "points." You need a ? load of "points" to even get to a break-even point. In other words, be weary and do your research.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    it's called MLM (multi-level marketing)

it's a scam that is basically a pyramid scheme but legal

the only thing that makes a pyramid scheme illegal is that there is no product sold for money exchanged

in a MLM scheme products are exchanged, which covers the fraud part associated with a pyramid scheme

but you get scammed cause the only way you make money is if you sell the products and put more mofos on under you in the same way as a pyramid scheme

only the mofos on top really making any money
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
  • Zeeofafb
    Zeeofafb Members Posts: 12
    edited January 2011

Yes I've been apart of quixtar/amway. was approached by 5linx. I did make money and still do make money on the side with these. I will say this=> IN THESE YOU ARE A BUSINESS OWNER/INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AND IF YOU DON'T WORK YOUR BUSINESS IT WILL NOT PAY YOU. Make sure you are prepared to dedicate yourself.
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    How do you spell scam.

MLM