What Story In the Bible Bothers You The Most?

Options
GSonII
GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
I will have to say the Cain and Abel story really bothers me. What story bothers you the most and why?

The Cain and Abel story bothers me so much because maybe it could have been avoided if differences were not made in the way the two were treated because of material offerings.

Comments

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    None of the stories "bother" me, but one I find to be particularly flawed/foolish is the Genesis 1:1 story.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The story of Jesus. It bothers me that people really believe you can cast your guilt onto an innocent person and make them pay the price for your own misdeeds. And it's disturbing that this is supposedly the ONLY way for people to escape eternal torture. Christianity is a human sacrifice cult, if you're honest about it.
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    When lot wanted to give up his daughters to be ? by a mob instead of a couple of visitors that was staying in his home
  • GSonII
    edited November 2011
    Options
    htowntx wrote: »
    When lot wanted to give up his daughters to be ? by a mob instead of a couple of visitors that was staying in his home

Huh, that story does not register with me. I know it's in Genesis somewhere do you remember whereabout?
  • GSonII
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The story of Jesus. It bothers me that people really believe you can cast your guilt onto an innocent person and make them pay the price for your own misdeeds. And it's disturbing that this is supposedly the ONLY way for people to escape eternal torture. Christianity is a human sacrifice cult, if you're honest about it.

Pretty much if someone had to come down to earth to die for your sins instead of his father, who is perceived to be the dominant spirit who knows all finding another way to do it. I guess so, sacrifice is necessary and in the form of human beings sometimes.