Help with finding software to mix/blend tracks

Options
Mally_G
Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in IllTek
I'm looking to do a few mixes and blends with music files, but don't have or know of any software that will do it.

I have an old Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum disc but the drivers are too old for Windows 7 and will never be updated. CD Creator 5 did all the mixing and blending (transitions/fade in/out) that I needed, but now it's out of date.

I've seen Virtual DJ, but I'm no DJ and I think I may need some extra equipment for that. So that's out of the question.

I primarily use my iTunes to make CDs but I'm looking to make a mix for a special occasion and want the songs to blend into each other without the song fade and quiet between songs.

Is there is piece of software (unlimited freeware) out there that can mix and blend tracks?

Comments

• renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited May 2010
    Options
    not too sure what you asking.....if you have nero it should have the option to disable the quiet/pause in between tracks

if you tryna do sumin like only have a verse or a certain amount of time from one song that flawlessly blends into the other song you could use cool edit pro or even audacity
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    not too sure what you asking.....if you have nero it should have the option to disable the quiet/pause in between tracks

if you tryna do sumin like only have a verse or a certain amount of time from one song that flawlessly blends into the other song you could use cool edit pro or even audacity

Basically, I wanted to blend songs, like you said, maybe use a verse (not whole song) and then flawlessly blend another song into. Basically, make a party mix (one big track).

I have Audacity, but I have to read a tutorial on it to mix/blend songs.

But I found PeaceMaker Editor and it does exactly what I want it to do. And the cool thing about it is that I can upload the mix to their website to make my own channel, something like XM/Sirius. And if I wanted to break the songs off into separate tracks so I don't have to listen to one full track, I can import it into iTunes and dictate the start/end points in the track for certain songs to make it a single track, then burn it using iTunes to have a flawless mixtape with multiple tracks.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Get yourself a copy of Ableton Live off some torrent site. Mixmeister is supposed to be good if you want something less complex
  • REAL_POETICAL
    REAL_POETICAL Members Posts: 347 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I usually use audacity for mixing and blending....it has its bugs but it gets the job done
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I use an older copy of Tracktor, but that's cause I DJ here and there.

You could use a free or cheap DAW to do it too. Something like Reaper would handle the job pretty well.