KILLZONE 3 Screenshots

Options
ftguerrero
ftguerrero Members Posts: 43
edited August 2010 in IllGaming
Finally some sort of confirmation that Killzone 3 is coming.

1d6p1.jpg

2s5dj.jpg

675uv.jpg

4j5oq.jpg

"Killzone 3 is aiming to be bigger and better.

New details about the game were revealed in the latest issue of GamePro magazine, and it looks as though developer Guerrilla Games is looking to take the Killzone franchise to a whole new level.

The most notable change to the gameplay for Killzone 3 is the inclusion of jetpacks, which seem to act as a form of double-jump for crossing terrain more quickly and easily. The developer says the jetpacks resemble "something you do in platformers such as Super Mario Bros. or Uncharted."

Shooting an enemy wearing a jetpack makes them explode "like roman candles."

Another major addition is the option to play the game entirely in 3D, which requires 3D-enabled glasses and television to work. It was stated that this added a nice effect to the arctic snow level Frozen Shores that was shown in the demo. The snowflakes become more noticeable, and enemy bullets pop out as they fly past your head.

The gun combat remains relatively unchanged from the previous game. A new weapon was detailed, The Wasp, which discharges rockets that look like a swarm of robotic insects.

The levels are also said to be much larger in scale compared to the past game.

The new issue of GamePro is currently being shipped to subscribers. The issue will hit newsstands on June 1."

Comments

• ftguerrero
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Day 1 cop 10 characters
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Resize those things!
  • shizza
    shizza Members Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Who cares about Killzone 3? say I.. cuz i sure as hell dont
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Sony is going to have the most boring, predictable E3. We know EVERYTHING they are showing...and its just a bunch of sequels to games nobody really cared about. LBP2, Resistance 3, KillZone 3, Infamous 2, Wiimote 2, etc...
  • ftguerrero
    edited May 2010
    Options
    shizza wrote: »
    Who cares about Killzone 3? say I.. cuz i sure as hell dont

Keep it moving then.

Meanwhile while we wait for KZ3 to drop if anyone is interested in a 1v1 or a clan match on KZ2 hit me up on my psn:Fguerrero7
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Sony is going to have the most boring, predictable E3. We know EVERYTHING they are showing...and its just a bunch of sequels to games nobody really cared about. LBP2, Resistance 3, KillZone 3, Infamous 2, Wiimote 2, etc...

HAHHA@ this ? fanboy.Let me guess another mario,metroid or zelda is more exciting right? All of those games sold millions so someone cared about them unlike Red Steel,No More Heroes and Monster Hunter Tri.Really,you take stupidity to a whole other level.Obviously they have other games to show @ E3,use common sense.For the record,though I don't care about motion controls.Move is in the works way before the wii-mote and and clearly you can see that it is superior.

Anyway,can't wait to play the sequel to the best FPS this generation.Rolling@ fools saying KZ2 was wack,the ? out of here.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    out of everyone in this thread, u came off sounding more like a Fanboy then anybody else...
    FPS are like cars... there are so many different styles, that disliking one type is completely fine...

Oh and ? Console Exclusive's... I find myself getting more excited over regular multi-console games then that of SOE or Microsoft Exclusives...
    I was not even talking to you.Actually most FPS are similar,it's just a fact that KZ2 was superior because of it's realism,physics and game design.COD is just a casual arcade shooter and Halo is a cheesy kids shooter with poor game design.Of course a person can dislike KZ2,but to say it's wack is just not true.I don't like COD,but it's far from a wack franchise and Black Ops actually has my attention.If you knew anything then you would know that exclusives are superior to any multiplat game technically on any console.Oh and I am far from a fan boy,I just have superior taste when it comes to gaming.
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited May 2010
    Options
    no way anybody can hate on killzone 2 so cut that ? out....killzone 3 will be dope not even a question first day cop

as far as the guns killzone 2 didnt have much of a variety it be nice to see more new guns but its not that important

man killzone 2 on elite was hard as ?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ehh...never finished Killzone 2. Didn't keep my attention. I may pop it back in after I finish all these other games I got on ice. I'm booked all summer lol.
  • renagade410,
    edited May 2010
    Options
    fdsp6a.gif

You must be crazy!!!

lol i got over 60 ps3 games and own every fps shooter im not pressed on guns i hop back on borderlands if i was worried bout all that

imma killzone fanboy tho i would cop that ? even if u only had 2 guns
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    I was not even talking to you.Actually most FPS are similar,it's just a fact that KZ2 was superior because of it's realism,physics and game design.COD is just a casual arcade shooter and Halo is a cheesy kids shooter with poor game design.Of course a person can dislike KZ2,but to say it's wack is just not true.I don't like COD,but it's far from a wack franchise and Black Ops actually has my attention.If you knew anything then you would know that exclusives are superior to any multiplat game technically on any console.Oh and I am far from a fan boy,I just have superior taste when it comes to gaming.

i agree about killzones superiorty in certain aspects...

but jamal is also right...a wider selection of guns is needed if you wana claim killzone as king FPS...KZ3 needs mo guns...

i think thats where mw2 trumps killzone...love them both even tho i aint pld killzone in a minute, but when i did play multiplayer...all i ever used was the m82 rifle, the smg's n other assualt rifles sucked...i ? with LMG's now n again...but m82 was the only gun worthy of toting on any map at anytime...

with that being said....KZ3 is still a first day cop, anybody who thinks different is simply misguided.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Killzone 2 bored me after a while. Unless i see a huge improvement i'm not copping
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm a gun fanatic... I love fire arms... They are kind of like a big deal to me...

then u liked metal gear solid?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • ftguerrero
    edited May 2010
    Options
    more.......
    killzone32.jpg

killzone31.jpg

4635626650_43acbf2837.jpg

Press Information
    For Immediate Release

The Helghast are back. Killzone®3 announced for PlayStation®3 [PS3™]

The war is far from won. Get ready for an epic battle against the deadliest enemies on PS3

London, May 24th 2010: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has confirmed the return of its iconic first person shooter, Killzone®, to PlayStation®3 [PS3™]. Bringing back the trademark ferocious action on a grand scale, Killzone®3 is an explosive cinematic experience more intense than ever before. Loaded with more vehicles, explosive high powered weapons and a vicious close-combat system, resume the fight against a remorseless Helghast Army of colossal proportions. This is David vs. Goliath…if Goliath had thousands of troops and a thermonuclear arsenal.
    The story begins where Killzone®2 left off, with Visari, the vicious Helghast dictator, lying dead at the feet of Special Forces soldiers Sev and Rico. The battle may have been won but the war is far from over. Visari’s death has left behind a world of political scheming, infighting and outright murder. Meanwhile his parting gift, a nuclear bomb detonated in Phyruss, the Helghan Capital, has decimated the ISA invasion force. With no re-enforcements and supplies quickly running out, you must now fight against ruthless Helghast war machine alone.
    An epic cinematic war experience
    With levels ten times bigger than in Killzone 2, this is Helghan like you’ve never seen it before. You’ll face brutal combat in a host of environments that threaten to bury you on the deadly planet. Killzone 3 will see you trudge through toxic nuclear wastelands, get lost in a lethal alien jungle, fight in bitter arctic conditions and take the battle into space as you fight against Helghast ? – with every location featuring a distinct gameplay style for you to master.

Be at the centre of the action
    Killzone 3 will be fully playable in Stereoscopic 3D, immersing you more deeply into the ferocious world and putting you at the heart of the action. But be careful. While you experience this world in incredible, High Definition, Stereoscopic 3D detail – you’ll learn to fear what’s around every single corner.

Take on an even more vicious Helghast army
    The Helghast are back and they’re bigger and fiercer than you’ve ever seen them. From Jetpack troopers to enemies wielding portable weapons of mass destruction, your enemies will be tougher, scarier and equipped with a host of new toys in their quest for destruction.
    Prepare for battle! Find out more at www.killzone.com.
    ENDS
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    KZ2 was terrible IMO. all my boys got that ? and we pretty much played for a week or two.
  • renagade410,
    edited May 2010
    Options
    blazini wrote: »
    KZ2 was terrible IMO. all my boys got that ? and we pretty much played for a week or two.

in your opinion what was terrible about it/ most people say the heavy controlls but what did u dislike
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options