Those damn illegal immigrants!

Options
unspoken_respect
unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in The Social Lounge
Why is it that I never hear anyone say anything about the reason for illegal immigrants to come to the US? Yeah, they come for jobs but jobs don't magically appear out of nowhere. No one says ? about the people hiring them.

Comments

• unspoken_respect
    edited November 2011
    Options
    America, don't hate the player, hate the game....or business owner looking for cheep labor and sinks into the shadows after his workers get deported.
  • Mr.Burns
    Mr.Burns Members Posts: 517
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lest we forget the fact that we made these peoples native countries uninhabitable due to a history of American colonialism. That coupled with our lazyness/uppetty-ness not wanting to do work "below us" and our insatiable hunger for ? and heroin.

I'd say yeah...we're to blame.
  • unspoken_respect
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Mr.Burns wrote: »
    Lest we forget the fact that we made these peoples native countries uninhabitable due to a history of American colonialism. That coupled with our lazyness/uppetty-ness not wanting to do work "below us" and our insatiable hunger for ? and heroin.

I'd say yeah...we're to blame.

I think we are the blame too. Whenever I hear someone talking about illegal immigrants they never say anything about the people who hire them. I cant blame a man for wanting to work, even if the job is illegal.
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You gotta cut ? out at the border then you wouldht have people standing around at home depot..
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    Yeah! in theory that should be the solution - however it isn't working. I suggest those who are willing to hire and are really serious about that issue to check out the homeless entities that provide for the homeless & offer them jobs first before they hide behind that bogus premise IE Americans won't do menial jobs.....? !!!

^That aint even really feasible to pry into every small business owners records like that.Theyve already made it really hard to get documents without social security numbers and birth certifacates.

They need to shore up the borders and deport illegals/foreign born who have been convicted of crimes, thats the most they can do really.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    they also come for the benefits

ask a social worker
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Many business owners want the cheap labor, plain and simple. The costs of doing business in America, due to inflation, has made hiring people in America very difficult for many. I don't see this problem changing anytime soon though, Republicans and Democrats both love cash, and big business is gonna prevent any serious change made in hiring illegals. It's just a problem we have to sit down and deal with.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Check this info out -- btw you liberals et al who whine about illegals, IE they should have the same rights as others, well digest this.

If this makes your blood boil, as it did mine, forward this to everyone you know including your Congressmen and Senators.

CHEAP LABOR? Isn't that what the whole immigration issue is about?

Business doesn't want to pay a decent wage.

Consumers don't want expensive produce.

Government will tell you Americans don't want the jobs.

But the bottom line is cheap labor. The phrase "cheap labor" is a myth ,
    a farce, and a lie. There is no such thing as "cheap labor."

Take, for example, an illegal alien with a wife and five children. He takes a job for
    $5.00 or 6.00/hour. At that wage, with six dependents, he pays no
    income tax, yet at the end of the year, if he files an Income Tax Return,
    he gets an "earned income credit" of up to $3,200 free

He qualifies for Section 8 housing and subsidized rent.

He qualifies for food stamps..

He qualifies for free (no deductible),
    no co-pay) health care.

His children get free breakfasts and lunches at school.

He requires bilingual teachers and books.

He qualifies for relief from high energy bills...

If they are or become, aged, blind or disabled , they qualify for SSI.
    Once qualified for SSI they can qualify for Medicare . All of this is at
    (our) taxpayer's expense .

He doesn't worry about car insurance, life insurance, or homeowners insurance.

Taxpayers provide Spanish language signs, bulletins and printed material.

He and his family receive the equivalent of $20.00 to $30.00/hour in benefits.

Working Americans
    are lucky to have $5.00 or $6.00/hour left after paying their bills AND this.

The American taxpayers also pay for increased crime, graffiti and trash clean-up.

Cheap labor? YEAH RIGHT! Wake up people
    !

THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS WE SHOULD BE ADDRESSING TO THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES FOR EITHER PARTY. 'AND WHEN THEY LIE TO US AND DON'T DO AS THEY SAY, WE SHOULD REPLACE THEM AT ONCE!'

Posted at 08:57 PM in Immigration (Illegal), Immigration Effects, Lake County Board & Government, Lake County School District | Permalink ShareThis

Technorati Tags: Cost of illegal immigrants

You think it's just liberals who want illegals to come in? Republicans love illegals too, although to be fair they are a little tougher on them than Democrats. Big business always fights against tougher immigration rules, and in America, big business always wins.

You just have to deal with it and sit down. Complaining online about this issue won't change anything. Big business is king and as long as they want illegals to work for them for lower wages, citizens have to suck it up. Your country has been sold to the highest bidder, while teenagers and adults have a hard time finding a job that pays a solid wage.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2011
    Options
    NO what we have here is a failure to communicate. Your President refuses to listen and understand what 'we' the people truly want. This man and his total incompetence is what brought us to this point. What has he done for the economy? what has he done to make the lives of his fellow Americans better? YEAH he boasted about TRANSFORMING America WTF is that really? OH and finally he swore his administration was gonna be transparent about things...huh??? He and his clowns are ALLL caught up in corruption and deceit. Listen-up Brother! this ain't MY country,not the one I fought for.

Obama has deported more illegals than any President in American history. What else do you expect him to do on immigration? I'm no fan of Obama and think he's been a disaster overall, but on immigration he's actually been pretty tough. It's big business that is hiring these illegals to begin with, save your anger for them.
  • Friend or Foe II
    Friend or Foe II Members Posts: 23
    edited November 2011
    Options
    any decent person should call for all immigration controls to be abolished immediately. the idea that bourgeois states should have the right to dictate to working class people where they can and cannot live and work is alien to me.
  • down2earth
    down2earth Members Posts: 953 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Immigration has only been a "problem" (according to our government/politicians) since the immigrants coming in aren't white. Most of these immigrants take labor and farming jobs anyways, things that the average American deems too "lowly" for them. The people you should be angry at are the corporations and other businesses who hire these people and make hand over fist dollar on them. Immigrants haven't hurt the economy nearly as much as these businesses who take their operations/offices/positions overseas and rake in the profits. Nothing is really built in the US anymore and all the positions are shipped overseas, so I'm curious as to what these immigrants are really "hurting".
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    down2earth wrote: »
    Immigration has only been a "problem" (according to our government/politicians) since the immigrants coming in aren't white.

Wrong. Mainstream America hated Irish immigrants, Italians, and anybody Catholic until the mid-20th century.