frank ocean and miguel are ? on everybody right now!

Options

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    i use to be one of those people... then i heard her and faiths rendition of love don't live here anymore.

and your logic doesn't make any sense, this is a discussion forum, im not trolling just cause i disagree.

it's obvious i've listened to their music, and my opinion shows that.

Sorry, i just expect more from my R&B.

Even tho I disagree, I def can't argue b/c I wasn't feeling The Weekend for the same reason, I expect more. He can sing, but That ngga ain't talkin bout ?

Imo frank ocean is difrent
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 704Hustla
    704Hustla Members Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i'll check them...i need some new r&b for the pod
  • red_ahh
    red_ahh Members Posts: 68 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    r&B has went straight to hell. frank ocean and that weeknd guy can't sing for ? .
  • boomer19
    boomer19 Members Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    Options
    frank ocean is talanted
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So frank ocean sings novacane? My boyfriend and I heard that ? on the radio and were like damn, you can literally write anything and put it on the radio. Its a horrible song I'm sorry.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So frank ocean sings novacane? My boyfriend and I heard that ? on the radio and were like damn, you can literally write anything and put it on the radio. Its a horrible song I'm sorry.

what is so bad about it?
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    edited December 2011
    Options
    what is so bad about it?

I think the chorus is stupid.
  • StillFaggyAF
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I think the chorus is stupid.

oh. ok then
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    Did you hear his album ?

I heard Miguel's album...outside of Sure Thing, I didn't like anything on there...? was terrible to me...he tries too hard to be different instead of just being a ? who is different...
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    shrugs what everybody likes is subjective....Id like to know what artists lighthearted25 like or any of you if you're saying Miguel, Weeknd, and Frank are all garbage. Who's good ? and dont come with the typical old ass Marvin Gaye, Sam Cook, or Al Green old school ? that anybody can say
  • RebelliousIntrovert
    RebelliousIntrovert Members Posts: 214
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Miguel is a one trick pony IMO, he basically writes the same songs, over & over, even half the songs on his "debut" album, were on his mixtape. Frank is dope, the depth of his songwriting is what makes him stand apart from most IMO, from American Wedding, Novacane, Swim Good, & waaaaay more, when you listen & find the true significance of what those songs are really about, it makes you look at him from a completely different approach.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2011
    Options
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Ocean can sing live supposedly

cosign that keith sweat ? lol

definetely know the weeknd can.. seen him live

jamel won't ? with him though.. too new school
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2011
    Options
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Jesse Boykins III >>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Jesse Powell >>>>>>>>>
    lol at both of them having the same name. post up some of they music so if I can see if they worth listening to. Lets see if they blow miguel and frank out the water.
    red_ahh wrote: »
    r&B has went straight to hell. frank ocean and that weeknd guy can't sing for ? .
    you ? with miguel?
    Ok so you don't ? with that track. What do you think about swim good? and do you ? with miguel?
  • narkotikbeats
    narkotikbeats Members Posts: 13
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I was really underwhelmed with Miguels album, but it had some good traks on it. I ? with Frank Ocean n the Weeknd. Theyre not amazing like some people make em out to be but theyre cool.
  • S2J
    edited December 2011
    Options
    frank ocean, aint singing... that ? talking over beats while stretching syllables.

"Kindaaaa like this, but onleeee thru text, and iiiiiiiiiiii don't giiiiiiiive uhhh ? if youuuuuuu dont aaaaaaagree."

i chuckled.

Its all what you're lookin for out of your r&b

Melodies, emotion, beats, chorus, content...if an artist gives me all that but is only an above average singer...im good.

If it was all about the voice I'd be listening to Andrea Bocelli or some ? .

Now OF COURSE when it comes down to it , the cream rises ot the top, so i can understand u pointing out their lack of singing, but to say you dont/cant enjoy ANY of their songs? i dont understand that ? .
  • blackrain
    edited December 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    shrugs what everybody likes is subjective....Id like to know what artists lighthearted25 like or any of you if you're saying Miguel, Weeknd, and Frank are all garbage. Who's good ? and dont come with the typical old ass Marvin Gaye, Sam Cook, or Al Green old school ? that anybody can say

I listen to whoever sounds good vocal wise, and who can actually sing about more than being out at the club, poppin bottles etc....IMO Miguel isn't that good of an artist...he's not a bad singer, but he's not this genius people have been making them out to be..."Quickie" isn't a great song, it's a song about ? ...it's not some groundbreaking ?
  • blackrain
    edited December 2011
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    i chuckled.

Its all what you're lookin for out of your r&b

Melodies, emotion, beats, chorus, content...if an artist gives me all that but is only an above average singer...im good.

If it was all about the voice I'd be listening to Andrea Bocelli or some ? .

Now OF COURSE when it comes down to it , the cream rises ot the top, so i can understand u pointing out their lack of singing, but to say you dont/cant enjoy ANY of their songs? i dont understand that ?

That's how I feel about The Dream...he can't sing for ? and he's made maybe 2-3 songs I enjoy, there are some people who think he can sing adn have tried to prove to me he can, and on top of that his juvenile ass lyrics...but he can arrange the ? out of vocals for other artists
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    I listen to whoever sounds good vocal wise, and who can actually sing about more than being out at the club, poppin bottles etc....IMO Miguel isn't that good of an artist...he's not a bad singer, but he's not this genius people have been making them out to be..."Quickie" isn't a great song, it's a song about ? ...it's not some groundbreaking ?

i felt like that until i saw the soul train awards...dude got sumn tho....i dont really do r&b either but when somebody stands out i acknowledge it....no genius but definitely different
  • S2J
    edited December 2011
    Options

Why are yall judging r&b like its rap??? smh ngga its r&b...

The hook and melody, and the the lil reggae vibe on that song is why, i dunno, every damn body else in the world likes that song...yall just tryin to be different man smh

But 'All I want is You' & 'Sure Thing' are Grade A level songs and the reason people are excited about him
  • blackrain
    edited December 2011
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Why are yall judging r&b like its rap??? smh ngga its r&b...

The hook and melody, and the the lil reggae vibe on that song is why, i dunno, every damn body else in the world likes that song...yall just tryin to be different man smh

But 'All I want is You' & 'Sure Thing' are Grade A level songs and the reason people are excited about him

To me it's the delivery...and Miguel's delivery just falls into that Trey Songz/The Dream juvenile "i want to be a rapper" style lyrics...
  • StillFaggyAF
    edited December 2011
    Options
    isn't Miguel a pop artist?
  • S2J
    edited December 2011
    Options
    To me it's the delivery...and Miguel's delivery just falls into that Trey Songz/The Dream juvenile "i want to be a rapper" style lyrics...

Oh in that case I agree w/ the reason, just not with the singer in question.

I dont like that new ngga template either, guys like Jeremih, J Holiday, the NEW Trey Songz,etc.

But Miguel aint that lmao 'Sure Thing' alone distanced him from them dudes...