Whistleblowers

Options
Bully_Pulpit
Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in The Social Lounge
Whenever somebody makes a thread trying to get ? hip to whats going on really theres always some ? spouting off "well where are the whistleblowers? You mean to tell me that they got this big plan in place and nobody aint said nothing". Well okay im going to make an official thread detailing all the insiders and whistleblowers who have spoken up over the years.

John Perkins
John Perkins (b. January 28, 1945 in Hanover, New Hampshire) is an economist and author. He was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Ecuador from 1968–1970 and this experience launched him in the world of economics and writing. His best known book is Confessions of an Economic Hit Man (2004), an insider's account of the exploitation or neo-colonization of Third World countries by what Perkins describes as a cabal of corporations, banks, and the United States government. His 2007 book, The Secret History of the American Empire, provides more evidence of the negative impact of global corporations on the economies and ecologies of poor countries, as well as offering suggestions for making corporations behave more like good citizens.
Perkins also wrote an introduction to the 2007 book A Game as Old as Empire: the Secret World of Economic Hit Men and the Web of Global Corruption (edited by Steven Hiatt), a collection of accounts from investigators, journalists and other economic hitmen. The book offers further evidence of economic hit men and rebuts some of the criticism that Perkins' book Confessions of an Economic Hit Man received. As a former chief economist at Chas. T. Main, Perkins says that he "was an 'economic hit man' for 10 years, helping US intelligence agencies and multinational corporations cajole and blackmail foreign leaders into serving US foreign policy and awarding lucrative contracts to US business.

Heres a clip from the documentary "Speaking Freely" Vol.1

Comments

• Bully_Pulpit
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Seeing some of that clip kind of reminds me why we got into Libya.......it seems the more things change, the more they stay the same.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Amazing Bush and company got away with this!!! He's lucky so many Democrats supported the war.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Michael Ruppert
    Michael C. Ruppert (born 1951) is an American author,[1] a former Los Angeles Police Department officer, [2] and investigative journalist and peak oil theorist.[2][3][4][5][6]
    Until 2006, he published and edited From The Wilderness, a newsletter and website covering a range of topics including (international) politics, the C.I.A., peak oil, civil liberties, drugs, economics, corruption and 9/11 alternative theories.[7][page needed] He is also the author of Crossing The Rubicon: The Decline of the American Empire at the End of the Age of Oil[1] and was the subject of the 2009 documentary film Collapse.[3]
    On November 15, 1996, then Director of Central Intelligence John Deutch visited Los Angeles' Locke High School for a town hall meeting. At the meeting, Ruppert publicly confronted Deutch, saying that in his experience as an LAPD narcotics officer he had seen evidence of CIA complicity in drug dealing.[10]
    Ruppert went on to become an aggressive investigator and journalist,[11] as well as establishing the publication From The Wilderness, a watchdog group that exposed governmental corruption, including his experience with CIA drug dealing activities

Heres a clip from "Collapse" a candid interview with mike explaining peak oil among other things, I learned a great deal of info that I was not aware of, its a really good watch and is available right now on netflix streaming.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Full theatrical release:
    [video]http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/7313748[/video]
    I cant find the video on anything that will embed on this site