"Then ? said, "Let us make man in Our image"......

Options
2»

Comments

• Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    r-sanchez wrote: »
    lmao @ ya'll ? having imaginary friends nh..

rofl you ? need faith and hope by believing theres some white dude with a beard in the heavens watching us.. ? outta here man grow the ? up

Your whole application of the Most High of what you described as "a white dude with a beard in the heavens watching us" is anthropomorphic and all wrong ....
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    r-sanchez wrote: »
    lmao @ ya'll ? having imaginary friends nh..

rofl you ? need faith and hope by believing theres some white dude with a beard in the heavens watching us.. ? outta here man grow the ? up

Who is to say our conception of ? is limited to those particular physical traits? ? is,is what you believe ? to be.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    if you think there's something "unclear" about the concept of the majestic plural, i don't know what to tell you. keep grasping at straws, i guess?

possibly because it's a book written by men and thus indicative of the way men talk and write?

Read whole statements not just portions and start typing. How does simply saying that is how they talked back then clear anything up concerning the "Let us make man in our image" statement. How does putting ? in a category with all the other high authorities in one situation then putting him in categories by himself in others clear things up? Just saying the book is written by men is not clearing anything up because man could have chosen to never put him in the same category with other men and that would be more sensible. Man has a sense of how to do things also. Once again, there are know answers other than the bible and it's defenders are flawed when it comes to arguing it's true authenticity.
  • GSonII
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Who is to say our conception of ? is limited to those particular physical traits? ? is,is what you believe ? to be.

I agree. I am not a fan of the bible ? but I could see so many ways in which a supreme being that we would refer to as ? exists.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    GSonII wrote: »
    Read whole statements not just portions and start typing. How does simply saying that is how they talked back then clear anything up concerning the "Let us make man in our image" statement.
    i think you might want to apply that "reading whole statements" concept to yourself. how does it apply? because the MEN who wrote the book back then are likely to have replicated the way they spoke in the book they wrote.
    GSonII wrote: »
    How does putting ? in a category with all the other high authorities in one situation then putting him in categories by himself in others clear things up?
    well, two things:

01. people should be at least acknowledging the simplest explanation as opposed to attempting to explain it with complicated reasoning;
    02. the confusion you're describing doesn't really seem to be occuring.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Ive heard many people, whne referring to the "fallen angels" mate w earth women, say that these angels are "sons of gods". They all have said yes, more than one and say the bible was edited to refer to one ? when this was said.

I think ? even co-signs this when he says there's no other gods before him, he's the one true ? , the others are "false" etc... Points to there being other gods and the Christian ? was jealous so he tried to put them down, make them look bad etc...

So from a bible stand point there is other gods.

Excellent post....
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Ive heard many people, whne referring to the "fallen angels" mate w earth women, say that these angels are "sons of gods". They all have said yes, more than one and say the bible was edited to refer to one ? when this was said.

I think ? even co-signs this when he says there's no other gods before him, he's the one true ? , the others are "false" etc... Points to there being other gods and the Christian ? was jealous so he tried to put them down, make them look bad etc...

So from a bible stand point there is other gods.

the words "gods' and 'elohim" are linguistically and culturally incompatible. as always, i stress that one can never understand the bible until they learn hebrew and read the source texts.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    ? , as in it does not align with your beliefs, or ? as in the bible does not
    introduce the idea of the holy trinity?

"? " as in it's hilarious how people try to tie together completely unrelated sources in a laughable attempt at making sense out of something that's ? up anyway. Saying that "Let Us make man in Our image" is referring to Jesus/Holy Trinity is like saying 2Pac was talking about 50 Cent when he said "If you take me out of the game, you won’t want to see the next one. Trust me. Take me out of the game, you won’t wanna see this next dude, ’cause he ain’t gonna have no compassion.”

All types of illogical conclusions being made in this thread
  • GSonII
    edited November 2011
    Options
    "? " as in it's hilarious how people try to tie together completely unrelated sources in a laughable attempt at making sense out of something that's ? up anyway. Saying that "Let Us make man in Our image" is referring to Jesus/Holy Trinity is like saying 2Pac was talking about 50 Cent when he said "If you take me out of the game, you won’t want to see the next one. Trust me. Take me out of the game, you won’t wanna see this next dude, ’cause he ain’t gonna have no compassion.”

All types of illogical conclusions being made in this thread

Your pretty much a weak minded idiot but I agree with you on this.
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    rapluva wrote: »
    1. Exodus 3:13 "So Moses said to ? , "Indeed, when I go to the children od Israel and say to them, The ? of your fathers sent me to you,' and the ask me, 'What is His Name?' what shall I tell them?"

2. Exodus 3:14 "Them ? said to Moses, "I AM the Existing One." He also said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: 'The Existing One sent me to you."

3. John 8:57 "Then the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?"

4. John 8:58 Yahshua (Jesus) said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM the Existing One."

soul rattler still has a point in the fact that Jesus was not mentioned specificly until the new testament.

if we were in ancient times right now and you read where it says Let US make men in OUR image u would have no idea that it could be talking of Jesus... That was a LATER belief wen the new testament came.
  • rapluva
    rapluva Members Posts: 232
    edited November 2011
    Options
    beenwize wrote: »
    soul rattler still has a point in the fact that Jesus was not mentioned specificly until the new testament.

if we were in ancient times right now and you read where it says Let US make men in OUR image u would have no idea that it could be talking of Jesus... That was a LATER idea from the new testament.

Moshe (Moses) waz not just talkin about Yahshua he waz signifying Yahweh The Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
    and yes I (personally) would NOT have understood, because I'm a simple 3500 b.c. sinning man, these verses needed to be explained by the Righteous Prophets, Priests and Temple leaders of that time, one just cant hear/read the Bible and "think" one can understand it, so your right in that context, I wouldn't have understood it.