Do you think Aaron McGrueder went too far or was accurate

Options
CollegeBoi12
CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
with the latest episode of the Boondocks?

Me personally, I think it was in the middle
I don't think I've ever heard the n-word said that many times on a TV show...ever
Since it was on Adult Swim, you know the white folks were watching it too
But in the end, I think it had a deep meaning

What do y'all think?

Comments

• G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    son of a got dammit ? ...i missed it...:(:mad::(
  • cutthecrapolabuddy
    cutthecrapolabuddy Members Posts: 367
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • Madam Speaker
    Madam Speaker Members Posts: 259
    edited May 2010
    Options
    well i aint seen the show, but his overuse of the word ruins his point imo.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    that was some ? ? , b
    ? ain't bout to dig under all the times he said nigger to try find his "message"
    all they seein is this white dude and some ? droppin that ? like its hot
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Man, them songs were hilarious, I'm sorry but I was laughing...my ass off
  • RudeDeLaTrill
    RudeDeLaTrill Members Posts: 259
    edited May 2010
    Options
    that ? was ? hilarious, ? -kanye shrug-
    the message was right there anyway; didnt need to "dig" for that ?
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Boondocks is asscheeks now.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    That ? is funny! But I would have to say that racist music is actually not even that melodic. At least the ? i have heard. Not realistic! Boondocks is like Dave Chappelle. It take the stereotypes to an extreme so you can laugh at it! The closer you get to reality, the more people get offended!
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Uncle Ruckus fell in love with that white man. ? was crazy when I first saw it.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The show was hilarious.

But, and mind you im 27 and my comedic/social commentary radar is high, but there was NO message. Miss me with that ? , I repeat, there was NO MESSAGE.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I dont think alot of yall get it.. some ppl just shouldnt watch the show.. i knew people would just laugh and not get it *shrugs*
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i didnt find the ep. that funny.

trust me, i love Ruckus and ur average blackie or ? joke. but i must say towards the end even i felt alil uncomfortable.

and LOL @ ruckus running away, becuz Jimmy was not the rasict he thought he was.
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Throughout the episode, I found the theme that it's not about someone's skin color, it's about their attitudes and beliefs
    It explained why Jimmy and Uncle Ruckus became friends
    But the excessive use of the n-word cause that message to be lost to many
  • playmaker88
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Throughout the episode, I found the theme that it's not about someone's skin color, it's about their attitudes and beliefs
    It explained why Jimmy and Uncle Ruckus became friends
    But the excessive use of the n-word cause that message to be lost to many

'
    agreed im bout to watch again.. i thin it was loosely inspired by ted nugent..
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    The show was hilarious.

But, and mind you im 27 and my comedic/social commentary radar is high, but there was NO message. Miss me with that ? , I repeat, there was NO MESSAGE.

There was a message. The message was that some racism is born out of ignorance and can be conquered simply by being face with the truth. This is seen by the fact that Jimmy was a racist all his life but came to find a black person that he related to more than any other white person. However, on the flipside some racism is just hatred plain and simple. This was shown by the fact that in Jimmy's mind it wasn't about the color of the skin but the content of the character only to find out when he revealed his friendship with Ruckus that for most of the people he dealt with it really wasn just about hatred of a certain skin color.

If you pull that out and look at it from a real world standpoint it speaks to racism on both sides. A lot of black people think all white people are racists because they don't particularly like a lot of the things that come out of the Black community. When in fact, a lot of those white people don't have any problem with black people that share the same values as them. On the flipside though, most of those white claim that all "racists" are like that when in reality there are a bunch of racist white people who just hate black people for no good reason other than the fact that they are black.
  • c_gutta1
    c_gutta1 Members Posts: 87
    edited May 2010
    Options
    There was a message. The message was that some racism is born out of ignorance and can be conquered simply by being face with the truth. This is seen by the fact that Jimmy was a racist all his life but came to find a black person that he related to more than any other white person. However, on the flipside some racism is just hatred plain and simple. This was shown by the fact that in Jimmy's mind it wasn't about the color of the skin but the content of the character only to find out when he revealed his friendship with Ruckus that for most of the people he dealt with it really wasn just about hatred of a certain skin color.

If you pull that out and look at it from a real world standpoint it speaks to racism on both sides. A lot of black people think all white people are racists because they don't particularly like a lot of the things that come out of the Black community. When in fact, a lot of those white people don't have any problem with black people that share the same values as them. On the flipside though, most of those white claim that all "racists" are like that when in reality there are a bunch of racist white people who just hate black people for no good reason other than the fact that they are black.

it was funny.

didn't think he went too far. wasn't even all that deep to me. black ppl discuss this ? all the time.

im just wondering how someone could've missed the point he was making...
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    And how uncle ruckus wanted to be accepted by whites so badly, they could not get past his skin color, and no matter how much he acted white and showed hate he had for black people, in the end he was still black
  • playmaker88
    edited May 2010
    Options

Good breakdown yo said it it more words than i would have. like i said some peple just dont get it.. some times he just puts the mirror up..
  • REAL_POETICAL
    REAL_POETICAL Members Posts: 347 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i don't think he went too far at all...the episode was funny as all hell with the songs because of how ignorant and silly it sounds...plus it was satire to the real jimmy rebel that made songs of that nature *the funny thing about it is that they say the dude is half black*...i dunno why peeps don't like the new season...the new season is actually on point...looking forward to the next episode with stinkmeiners family
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    since itz a cartoon, people think he went to far because cartoons are supposed to be for kids. But itz called adult swim for a reason!! I can't lie though, I do feel a lil crazy when I hear white people say they LOVE The Boondocks. Do they love it cuz itz funny, or cuz of the rampant use of "? "
  • playmaker88
    edited May 2010
    Options
    f.e.d.s. wrote: »
    since itz a cartoon, people think he went to far because cartoons are supposed to be for kids. But itz called adult swim for a reason!! I can't lie though, I do feel a lil crazy when I hear white people say they LOVE The Boondocks. Do they love it cuz itz funny, or cuz of the rampant use of "? "

My sentiments exactly.. same can be said for the negros that watch it..that just dont get it and laugh because its funny.. and dont get ? from it.. boondocks is a lill bit of Paul Mooney/Chris Rock / Dave chappelle
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ill check it out
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm glad somebody explain the message because I was kind of lost in all the racist speech and n-words. I wasn't feeling this episode just like I wasn't feeling the one last week. Oh well there is always next week.
  • playmaker88
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Idk. it reallly wasnt hard to tell for me.. idk why many ppl were confused