If you were totally desperate for money, what would you be willing to do?

Options
kingblaze84
kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in The Social Lounge
Imagine the mortgage or rent is due, and you have ZERO savings, and barely $100 in your checking account. Now also imagine the electric bill is due and you got kids or care for an elderly parent.....and you have no job.

What would you be willing to do for some cash? Would you sell your ? ? Sell your ? ? (Not literally). Become a hitman? Marry the ugliest, oldest but richest chick in town?

Me personally, I would rob and steal as often as possible. I wouldn't feel good about it, but since when does morality pay the bills? I'm blessed to be working and have a roof over my head, but reading the news on the economy is not encouraging, especially for someone whose about to graduate from college next month......with a Political Science Degree.

What would you be willing to do if you were truly desperate? Honesty is all I ask....

Comments

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Rob, steal, hustle
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? outta here man, aint no one here gonna solicit you
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited May 2010
    Options
    alot of people will do anything for money.
    t/s knows what people do for money.
    Why is this even a question?
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2010
    Options
    alot of people will do anything for money.
    t/s knows what people do for money.
    Why is this even a question?

I'm just curious what people HERE would do. Just want to see the kind of personalities we have here on the IC......
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    ? outta here man, aint no one here gonna solicit you

Never said they would, lol.....
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm just curious what people HERE would do. Just want to see the kind of personalities we have here on the IC......

its kinda a pointless question but anyway......
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If I was desperate Id go rob every government run businesse plain and simple. I wouldnt steal from average people they work hard. Rich people and government ? like banks though, its on.

If I was desperate for more than just money but to live, id murder every man who stopped me from livin.
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Id start talking to white girls a.s.a.p......duh
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    why should it take u having nothing to be willing to do anything??
    should jus be willing to do whatever to attain whatever it is u want..

t/s robbing will only get u so far for so long.. then ur in jail for years and then who's gonna pick up where u left off.. ur people's are back where they started..
    but not all people will resort to crime.. some'll jus dope up and help sponsor it.. i see it all the time... time gets hard and people turn to the needle.. to the bottle.. or any vice that u can think of..
    and if ur white the bullet..

me personally ..my last resort would be to sell dope.. never did it.. not because i think its morally wrong.. but 1, its a war on drugs ..and second, too ? competitive.. i aint got time for the ? unless its really worth it..
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited May 2010
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »

t/s robbing will only get u so far for so long.. then ur in jail for years and then who's gonna pick up where u left off.. ur people's are back where they started..
    but not all people will resort to crime.. some'll jus dope up and help sponsor it.. i see it all the time... time gets hard and people turn to the needle.. to the bottle.. or any vice that u can think of..

me personally ..my last resort would be to sell dope.. never did it.. not because i think its morally wrong.. but 1, its a war on drugs ..and second, too ? competitive.. i aint got time for the ? unless its really worth it..

He ment as in when all else fails, not when you want to get somewhere else. Why should people be willing to ? , steal, and sell d right off the start to get it all going. Work, College, Military, Loans, theres tons of legal ? to try before the last resort. If there are no other options available that is when they do what he's asking about.
  • CapitalB
    edited May 2010
    Options
    He ment as in when all else fails, not when you want to get somewhere else. Why should people be willing to ? , steal, and sell d right off the start to get it all going. Work, College, Military, Loans, theres tons of legal ? to try before the last resort. If there are no other options available that is when they do what he's asking about.

jus cause its legal doesnt make it right.. and jus because its illegal doesnt make it wrong..
    people settle for less.. its pathetic.. u should see my facebook page.. friends praisin their ? for sending them a minimum wage job..

okay.. lets go to college and come out with debt and pray we can work in our field of study.. lets get loans and be in even more debt.. the oppressors make the rules and the oppress follows them (cause its legal) and wonder why they aint got ? .. i jus find it hilarious that it takes a person losing everything playin a game thats rigged before they decide to do what they shouldve been doin from the jump.. thats all..
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited May 2010
    Options
    jus cause its legal doesnt make it right.. and jus because its illegal doesnt make it wrong..
    people settle for less.. its pathetic.. u should see my facebook page.. friends praisin their ? for sending them a minimum wage job..

okay.. lets go to college and come out with debt and pray we can work in our field of study.. lets get loans and be in even more debt.. the oppressors make the rules and the oppress follows them (cause its legal) and wonder why they aint got ? .. i jus find it hilarious that it takes a person losing everything playin a game thats rigged before they decide to do what they shouldve been doin from the jump.. thats all..

So you would rather ruin families through murder or drugs, or ruin families through stealing what they worked all their life for right off the bat rather then acually try making something of yourself legally? What game is rigged? I know plenty people who went the right path and through hard times stuck it out and ended up living a great life after it all settled. You honestly believe that ? or you just tryin to be the stereotypical thug who blames everything on ? outside of himself?
  • CapitalB
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So you would rather ruin families through murder or drugs, or ruin families through stealing what they worked all their life for right off the bat rather then acually try making something of yourself legally? What game is rigged? I know plenty people who went the right path and through hard times stuck it out and ended up living a great life after it all settled. You honestly believe that ? or you just tryin to be the stereotypical thug who blames everything on ? outside of himself?

im not tryin to be a stereotypical anything.. but where im from ? aint all hunkydory ..when i analyze the situation i see people bein held back by 3 things.. fear, debt, and religion.. how can a crooked government demand that anyone go the straight and arrow.. give me a list of what u deem illegal and ill give u a list of what the government is doin that matches the description..

slavery still exists today.. and i look at people as either house ? .. field ? , or like me.. run away slaves..
    why love a system that dont love u back?? u give to a system that not only takes but steals from u, whats the sense in that?? maybe if u were from where im from and seen what i seen our outlooks would be the same.. i dont knock u for urs so dont knock me for mines.. but where im from if u wanna get out u gotta do what NEEDS to be done.. not what was told to be done.. cause if u choose the latter all ur doin is settin urself up for failure and those who come after u..

and yeh.. there are the cases of people "who went the right path" making it.. but thats the equivalent of allowing someone to win the lotto.. cause if nobody did people would quit playing.. for every one making it ten didnt.. i dont like those odds.. i rather play my own game and make my own rules.. and even if they catch me (run away slave) least i spent those few days, months, years, off the plantation.. one day of freedom >> a lifetime of slavery.. but thats jus my personal opinion..

oh yeh.. and i said nothing of murder and drugs.. its more then one way to skin a cat and to make a buck.. usually people who lack the capability of thinking resort to that cause its the easiest.. im not one of those people..
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2010
    Options
    im not tryin to be a stereotypical anything.. but where im from ? aint all hunkydory ..when i analyze the situation i see people bein held back by 3 things.. fear, debt, and religion.. how can a crooked government demand that anyone go the straight and arrow.. give me a list of what u deem illegal and ill give u a list of what the government is doin that matches the description..

slavery still exists today.. and i look at people as either house ? .. field ? , or like me.. run away slaves..
    why love a system that dont love u back?? u give to a system that not only takes but steals from u, whats the sense in that?? maybe if u were from where im from and seen what i seen our outlooks would be the same.. i dont knock u for urs so dont knock me for mines.. but where im from if u wanna get out u gotta do what NEEDS to be done.. not what was told to be done.. cause if u choose the latter all ur doin is settin urself up for failure and those who come after u..

and yeh.. there are the cases of people "who went the right path" making it.. but thats the equivalent of allowing someone to win the lotto.. cause if nobody did people would quit playing.. for every one making it ten didnt.. i dont like those odds.. i rather play my own game and make my own rules.. and even if they catch me (run away slave) least i spent those few days, months, years, off the plantation.. one day of freedom >> a lifetime of slavery.. but thats jus my personal opinion..

oh yeh.. and i said nothing of murder and drugs.. its more then one way to skin a cat and to make a buck.. usually people who lack the capability of thinking resort to that cause its the easiest.. im not one of those people..

I'm really interested in what you do for a living now.....but I feel what you're saying, I've been out of the rat race too. I sold weed for awhile with some people but realized like someone else here said the competition is too crazy....if you don't have a large team behind you, it's hard to do business, at least where I'm at. I sold mostly in college but realized I wasn't making enough to satisfy me. I've done some other stuff for bread, legal and illegal, but I'm pretty straight now. I'm blessed to have been raised in a decent neighborhood where poverty was pretty rare and most people got jobs. I live in a mostly African neighborhood now where most are pretty much legal, and hustlers are quiet about their ? , so I can see why so many people go the "straight" route in life, there are many success stories out there. It might be getting rare to see younger people in their mid 20s do it big though with this ? up economy, so I can easily feel where you're coming from.....
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2010
    Options

You're right, robbing would only go so far, although it is an easy way to get money I would figure, at least on an individual basis. I think I should put myself up as a hitman some day if I get broke.....I do have a killer instinct I think. I've never lost a fight in my life and I've killed over a thousand people in Fallout 3.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? a ?

It would be well worth the 5 bucks.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? a ?

It would be well worth the 5 bucks.

If you're in NYC, I think you'd get a lot more than 5 bucks. You must be in Alabama.
  • CapitalB
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm really interested in what you do for a living now.....but I feel what you're saying, I've been out of the rat race too. I sold weed for awhile with some people but realized like someone else here said the competition is too crazy....if you don't have a large team behind you, it's hard to do business, at least where I'm at. I sold mostly in college but realized I wasn't making enough to satisfy me. I've done some other stuff for bread, legal and illegal, but I'm pretty straight now. I'm blessed to have been raised in a decent neighborhood where poverty was pretty rare and most people got jobs. I live in a mostly African neighborhood now where most are pretty much legal, and hustlers are quiet about their ? , so I can see why so many people go the "straight" route in life, there are many success stories out there. It might be getting rare to see younger people in their mid 20s do it big though with this ? up economy, so I can easily feel where you're coming from.....

@the bolded i said that too..
    and yeh.. if u dont have a team around u it most likely wont ever work.. even golfers have a caddy.. teamwork makes the dream work.. but people wanna be individuals in a game.. A GAME.. it dont work like that.. weed is a gateway drug.. but contrary to beliefs not for the smoker.. actually its for the seller.. i started sellin weed.. and havin that substance opens the door to alot of avenues.. i ran into all types of cats in all types of ? that was willing to put me on.. TV will have u thinkin that the government is winning the war on drugs/crime when really they're not.. because the ? 's a farce.. for every one they catch 4-5 got away.. i like those odds! haha

im from LA.. when u grow up in an environment thats all u know.. u get caught up in some ? that u did when ur 12 and that sticks with u for life.. aint no point in me even gettin on the educational system that topic has been beaten to death.. jus consider urself lucky u grew up in the neighborhood u did.. where im from EVERYBODY is hungry.. some rather starve (work minimum wage) then to be labeled a thief... others steal off the fruitstand.. people tell me im crazy but i think nothin is crazier then workin 40hrs a week 80hr a check and ur money's already spent before u cash that mu'? .. thats insane to me..

i look at life like a math problem.. some people do the work EXACTLY like the teacher showed them.. others find shortcuts to get the same answer.. then there are the select few like i.. that can do the ? in our head.. long as we get the same answer who cares how u did it.. thats why i laugh at people that tell me i only got money cause i took the easy route.. im like it aint my fault yo ? cant do this easy ass equation in ur head. haha
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If you're in NYC, I think you'd get a lot more than 5 bucks. You must be in Alabama.
    If I was in Alabama would the words in this sentence be spelled correctly?
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2010
    Options

Haha....good point.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2010
    Options
    @the bolded i said that too..
    and yeh.. if u dont have a team around u it most likely wont ever work.. even golfers have a caddy.. teamwork makes the dream work.. but people wanna be individuals in a game.. A GAME.. it dont work like that.. weed is a gateway drug.. but contrary to beliefs not for the smoker.. actually its for the seller.. i started sellin weed.. and havin that substance opens the door to alot of avenues.. i ran into all types of cats in all types of ? that was willing to put me on.. TV will have u thinkin that the government is winning the war on drugs/crime when really they're not.. because the ? 's a farce.. for every one they catch 4-5 got away.. i like those odds! haha

im from LA.. when u grow up in an environment thats all u know.. u get caught up in some ? that u did when ur 12 and that sticks with u for life.. aint no point in me even gettin on the educational system that topic has been beaten to death.. jus consider urself lucky u grew up in the neighborhood u did.. where im from EVERYBODY is hungry.. some rather starve (work minimum wage) then to be labeled a thief... others steal off the fruitstand.. people tell me im crazy but i think nothin is crazier then workin 40hrs a week 80hr a check and ur money's already spent before u cash that mu'? .. thats insane to me..

i look at life like a math problem.. some people do the work EXACTLY like the teacher showed them.. others find shortcuts to get the same answer.. then there are the select few like i.. that can do the ? in our head.. long as we get the same answer who cares how u did it.. thats why i laugh at people that tell me i only got money cause i took the easy route.. im like it aint my fault yo ? cant do this easy ass equation in ur head. haha

Sometimes I feel like a sucker for working in this system......I do security work and bring home just enough to get by. I'm lucky I'm still at home and have a family who cares about me, but if I didn't have them, I'd be ? up right now. I would have to move in the projects or room in with somebody....

I find other ways to make money, about to graduate from college next month, and I'm pretty resourceful, but as I get older, I realize I'm not reaching my potential at all financially. I'm hoping I find that shortcut to the "answer" sometime soon.....
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2010
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    u were born in this world w/ everything u will ever need. I'd go to school & get my education. OR id persuade & charm ppl into loaning me money & take advantage of my ability to allocate capital & go straight to the stock market w/ that money. Thats the one place where I have & can consistently net high returns even w/ small amounts of money until its a huge amount of money.

You know, I've been thinking of going to the stockmarket lately, but seeing how Wall Street is so crazy right now, I'm skeptical......what's the least amount of money I should come into the stock market with?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You know, I've been thinking of going to the stockmarket lately, but seeing how Wall Street is so crazy right now, I'm skeptical......what's the least amount of money I should come into the stock market with?

From personal expierience man, get a good job with your degree, or save as much as you can and start buyin real estate on taxes and rent em out. As long as you have a job where you can maintain the taxes on em and never mortgage em youll be set.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2010
    Options
    From personal expierience man, get a good job with your degree, or save as much as you can and start buyin real estate on taxes and rent em out. As long as you have a job where you can maintain the taxes on em and never mortgage em youll be set.

Sounds like good advice, I'm gonna keep this idea in mind. Thanks Number 25
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2010
    Options

Oh, and another thing, why you so mad?