VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in The Social Lounge

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Do it, North Korea is a threat to everyone, if future war with them is inevitable which I believe it is, we might as well stop it while its still growing rather than wait until its in full blown beast mode. The only people i would worry about war with is China.
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited May 2010
    Options
    economic sabotage would be preferred at this point hey even it means starving a whole bunch of folks
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    South Korea has to much to lose to go to war with the north. Sanctions are really the only means of striking back at North Korea at this point.
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Do it, North Korea is a threat to everyone, if future war with them is inevitable which I believe it is, we might as well stop it while its still growing rather than wait until its in full blown beast mode. The only people i would worry about war with is China.

Don't you think this is the same stance that created the Iraq debacle Chozenwun?
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Get ready for the nukes to start dropping. lol
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Can't US just nuke em' already...Who the hell do they think they are by threatening the one and only remaining superpower.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Nobody is going to war with anybody. We dont want it with them. They dont want it with us. Just that simple.
  • busayo
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    Get ready for the nukes to start dropping. lol

just because NK has nukes doesn't mean it can launch them sucessfully. they would be fools to use nukes in their backyard anyway but North koreans are that crazy
  • independentsoundlab
    independentsoundlab Members Posts: 351
    edited May 2010
    Options
    the last thing this nation needs is war.. they are too wounded to even start more drama and especially between 2 rival countries.... N Korea will wipe its ass with the American flag.. simple as that..

You know how much Americans hate communism.. why? cuz they cant make real money with them.. Americans want their paws on everything, sometimes you just gotta look at things and turn away..
  • busayo
    edited May 2010
    Options
    the last thing this nation needs is war.. they are too wounded to even start more drama and especially between 2 rival countries.... N Korea will wipe its ass with the American flag.. simple as that..

You know how much Americans hate communism.. why? cuz they cant make real money with them.. Americans want their paws on everything, sometimes you just gotta look at things and turn away..

what money can be made in North Korea. that place is more of an humanitarian crisis than afghanistan.
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited May 2010
    Options

US could win that war in 10 seconds. Seriously. North Korea could not even launch a satelite into space, it landed in the ocean. The reason the iraq and afgan wars are so hard is because they are not wearing their countries colors, you cannot tell if one dude is just a civilian, al queda, taliban, or whatever else. Plus the terrain. I think we should let China, Russia, and Japan handle this.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    US could win that war in 10 seconds. Seriously. North Korea could not even launch a satelite into space, it landed in the ocean. The reason the iraq and afgan wars are so hard is because they are not wearing their countries colors, you cannot tell if one dude is just a civilian, al queda, taliban, or whatever else. Plus the terrain. I think we should let China, Russia, and Japan handle this.

obviously ur not following the wars.. because they're killing "civilians, al queda, taliban or whatever else" ..matter fact they're killing more civilians then anything else..
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited May 2010
    Options
    oliverlang wrote: »
    Don't you think this is the same stance that created the Iraq debacle Chozenwun?

In a way, but I think Bush had his own agenda for the Iraq war. If we waited until Bush left office I dont think the Iraq war would have taken place because we had inspections telling us those weapons werent there. North Korea however been on that list for a while, they will tell you they are producing nukes out the ass, and they been firing em off into the ocean, I dont think theyre gonna stop so eventually to me it seems inevitable it will happen, I dont support war but if its going to happen might as well do it now while our economy is already ? , we pretty much have global backing, and North Korea hasnt hit its strongest point.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The USA does not want to go to war with North Korea right now.....and I guarantee it WON'T. China has deep ties with North Korea, and as China holds TRILLIONS in American debt, I doubt highly we want to ? of China right now. Obama knows this, and so does North Korea......keeping it real, nobody is going to war against anybody. ESPECIALLY the USA. South Korea is gonna take the loss of their sailors like a man and keep it moving. If they do choose to fight, there won't be any American soldiers doing the fighting. We're already going broke fighting in the Middle East, I doubt we want to take on a nation with a million plus soldiers like NK has.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The USA does not want to go to war with North Korea right now.....and I guarantee it WON'T. China has deep ties with North Korea, and as China holds TRILLIONS in American debt, I doubt highly we want to ? of China right now. Obama knows this, and so does North Korea......keeping it real, nobody is going to war against anybody. ESPECIALLY the USA.

China already announced they dont care if we go to war with North Korea, they wont help, but they dont give a ? .
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    China already announced they dont care if we go to war with North Korea, they wont help, but they dont give a ? .

If that's true, we still won't go to war against NK, they have a million plus soldiers, it would be an ugly, messy campaign. It's no coincidence the Korean War ended in a draw. NK may be a 3rd world country, but it has a first rate military, along with financial backing from China. Obama is too smart to go to war with them, I trust he holds my confidence.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If that's true, we still won't go to war against NK, they have a million plus soldiers, it would be an ugly, messy campaign. It's no coincidence the Korean War ended in a draw. NK may be a 3rd world country, but it has a first rate military, along with financial backing from China. Obama is too smart to go to war with them, I trust he holds my confidence.

I dont think we will go into a full blown war with them, at least not yet. If we did I think we have more than enough allies to run through em this time though. I do think we'll eventually be sending troops to South Korea though and placing black ops in North Korea like we did with Castro in Cuba, if South Korea invades or North Korea attacks the South we will definently end up going in though.
  • independentsoundlab
    independentsoundlab Members Posts: 351
    edited May 2010
    Options
    every male (female??) must serve a couple years in the military in Korea.. so they are more trained, like king said.. its a 1st rate military.. donttt wanna ? with them.. let the Koreans deal with it..

Americans want to destroy communism.. why? because communism is against the rich, the capitalist. they are not spoiled like the Americans. the money made is given to the officials and people will forever be poor.. their is a difference between good leaders and dictators.. yes, but people are peaceful.. like a Cuba.. Cuba is for cubans.. simple as that.. some leaders over enforce like NK.. so Americans cant get the full benefit from communists.. that's one reason they are bitter with the communist.. This goes back to Vietnam even to the days of Che Guevara.. when he tried to "free" the Bolivians.. but with American help it was prevented.. they cant risk having any more communist, where would they get their money from??? from the oil in the Afghan area??
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited May 2010
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    obviously ur not following the wars.. because they're killing "civilians, al queda, taliban or whatever else" ..matter fact they're killing more civilians then anything else..

I do not think my post said anything to the contrary. In fact, you made my point more clear.
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ya'll hambones can fool with those people if you want but keep in mind they have a heavily armed militia in every hood in America.

During the L.A. riots those Koreans was pulling out Ar15's with boyonets on them ? , I seen one with a K7 let off 30 shots in the air and the ? barely made a whistle.
    Do you think Koreans could set up shop in the most gang-infested murderous neighborhoods in America if they wasnt strapped??

Last thing we need is angry Koreans I dont want to get murked just because I needed a Black & Mild, a pickel, some magnum rubbers, and a hard-boiled egg from the store.
  • CapitalB
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I do not think my post said anything to the contrary. In fact, you made my point more clear.

u said America was havin a difficult time due to having to differentiate from combatant and civilian when in fact they're not.. they're jus killing EVERYBODY.. so they're jus having a difficult time..
    i took it as u using that as an excuse when in fact it isnt..

i dont think America wants it with N. Korea.. i have to look it up but i believe i read somewhere where they have the ability to jam our signals.. so America couldnt jus sent missles.. they'd have to actually go in and fight..
    seein as they cant handle a pocket of resistance in Afghanistan or Iraq.. i doubt they'd fair well when the odds are against them 10:1 as far as man power..
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    At most the US will do what Clinton did to Iraq a few yrs back then leave it up to SK to finish it off really no need to actually go in there Kim Jong Illisnt worth taking out...they aint hittin the US with any Nukes we gotta stop world policing
  • killap
    edited May 2010
    Options
    u said America was havin a difficult time due to having to differentiate from combatant and civilian when in fact they're not.. they're jus killing EVERYBODY.. so they're jus having a difficult time..
    i took it as u using that as an excuse when in fact it isnt..

i dont think America wants it with N. Korea.. i have to look it up but i believe i read somewhere where they have the ability to jam our signals.. so America couldnt jus sent missles.. they'd have to actually go in and fight..
    seein as they cant handle a pocket of resistance in Afghanistan or Iraq.. i doubt they'd fair well when the odds are against them 10:1 as far as man power..

Im pretty sure thats false...
  • CapitalB
    edited May 2010
    Options
    killap wrote: »
    Im pretty sure thats false...

jus did a quick google search and this was the first link..
    when i have time ill look and see if i can find where N. Korea has the capabilities..

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2010-01/us-air-force-urgently-seeks-alternatives-gps

here's another..
    http://www.afcea.org/signal/articles/templates/SIGNAL_Article_Template.asp?articleid=489&zoneid=30
  • killap
    edited May 2010
    Options
    jus did a quick google search and this was the first link..
    when i have time ill look and see if i can find where N. Korea has the capabilities..

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2010-01/us-air-force-urgently-seeks-alternatives-gps

here's another..
    http://www.afcea.org/signal/articles/templates/SIGNAL_Article_Template.asp?articleid=489&zoneid=30

IDK the second one says NK may be able to jam SK communication...IDK I just kinda skimmed thru it Im not saying its impossible to jam a GPS im just skeptical about NK's ability to do it Iraq had some GPS jamming stuff from Russia I believe and it didnt stop US missiles and just because you can jam a GPS isnt the same thing as stopping a missile if a plane flys over NK with coordinates in hand jamming a GPS isnt gonna do much to stop it