WTF my abs are gone?!?

Options
killap
killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in The Weight Room
I was disgusted when I looked in the mirror today I need to get back in shape w/out losing a ton of weight Im only about 160 as is but theirs fat on my stomach the only cardio im into is running (tradmill track gym whatever) Im noy down for that elliptical or bike or stairmaster ? Im a grown ass man I cant be on no stairmaster, I dont do free weights much, I kinda stay away from that part of the gym but I like machine weights. I dont eat too much maybe about 2000 cals a day how should I go about getting my abs back?

Comments

• spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Bruh I feel ya pain smdh.........That ? took a lot of work too...I stopped going to the gym for no more than 2 months...now the 6 pack is now a 2 pack smh
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well how tall are you? If you are only 160 pounds and are eating 2000 calories a day, that is your problem right there. You need to cut back on the calories a bit. Try taking in about 1600 - 1750 calories a day and do your daily exercise. That should help.
  • killap
    edited May 2010
    Options
    WallH wrote: »
    Well how tall are you? If you are only 160 pounds and are eating 2000 calories a day, that is your problem right there. You need to cut back on the calories a bit. Try taking in about 1600 - 1750
    calories a day and do your daily exercise. Create a calorific deficit of about 500+. That should help.

not sure how tall I am 5'9' or 10.... but thanks bringing down the calories shouldnt be too hard

As far as workouts I usually go to the gym 4X a week tryin to make it 5 do about 2 miles on the treadmill 20 mins on weights and then I shoot hoops for about 30 mins should I attempt to do more of anything
  • killap
    edited May 2010
    Options
    spit_fiya wrote: »
    Bruh I feel ya pain smdh.........That ? took a lot of work too...I stopped going to the gym for no more than 2 months...now the 6 pack is now a 2 pack smh

LOL word Im startin to get that belly that retired people have
  • spit_fiya
    edited May 2010
    Options
    killap wrote: »
    LOL word Im startin to get that belly that retired people have

Bruh...I got a mean ab routine that works...I need to get back to it my damn self....50 crunches and after you do 50...do 6 inches nh for 30 seconds...Try to do 3 sets...also, dont sleep on the ab machines in the gym...They may look ? made but they are effective..
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    90% of abs are made in the kitchen :tu
  • CASH RULES
    CASH RULES Members Posts: 306
    edited May 2010
    Options

cosignature
  • killap
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Bruh...I got a mean ab routine that works...I need to get back to it my damn self....50 crunches and after you do 50...do 6 inches nh for 30 seconds...Try to do 3 sets...also, dont sleep on the ab machines in the gym...They may look ? made but they are effective..

preciate it fam I hate 6 inches with a passion nh, but 30 secs aint bad Ima give this a try
  • killap
    edited May 2010
    Options

speak on it my dude what should I be lookin out for?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • killap
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I just did this and my abs were on fire after sharpest pain I've felt in awhile felt like some of my organs were outta place or something lol
  • spit_fiya
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I just did this and my abs were on fire after sharpest pain I've felt in awhile felt like some of my organs were outta place or something lol

I'm tellin you bruh..you keep doin that and you'll be back in business in a matter of weeks
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    just lose the fat
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    u know when u drop fat...the stomach is the last place it will go from...and the first place it will go to.
  • TallmanfromFL
    TallmanfromFL Members Posts: 149
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Do Total Body workout either with weight or bodyweight 2-3 times a week

Total Body Workout is the key to reclaming or keepin your 6 packs since U don't have to do 100 or more situps

Sprint on your day off (help u lose the fat)

for example Mon- Weight or Bodyweight, Tues- Sprint , Wed-Weight or Bodyweight, Thurs-Sprint, Fri-Weight or Bodyweight
  • killap
    edited May 2010
    Options
    u know when u drop fat...the stomach is the last place it will go from...and the first place it will go to.

cool...Im pretty skinny I just have a gut all of a suddenIve gained about 10 lbs all in the midsection apparently I'd look pretty sickly if I lost weight any where else lol
  • killap
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Do Total Body workout either with weight or bodyweight 2-3 times a week

Total Body Workout is the key to reclaming or keepin your 6 packs since U don't have to do 100 or more situps

Sprint on your day off (help u lose the fat)

for example Mon- Weight or Bodyweight, Tues- Sprint , Wed-Weight or Bodyweight, Thurs-Sprint, Fri-Weight or Bodyweight

preciate it fam will give this a try as well
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

yo i saw this yesterday and went home and tried that ? ...? im feeling that ? right now...props. i like being sore..its all a mental thing that tells me that i actually did some work.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

is that when u lift your legs of the ground?....or when u sit down on the wall with no chair?

also have any of ya'll done Ab ripper X?.....im doing it now but not consistently(which dude says dont do everyday), and it 360 sit-up variations in 20 minutes....it's pretty tough
  • spit_fiya
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yo i saw this yesterday and went home and tried that ? ...? im feeling that ? right now...props. i like being sore..its all a mental thing that tells me that i actually did some work.

Glad I could be of help homie
    mike06 wrote: »
    is that when u lift your legs of the ground?....or when u sit down on the wall with no chair?

also have any of ya'll done Ab ripper X?.....im doing it now but not consistently(which dude says dont do everyday), and it 360 sit-up variations in 20 minutes....it's pretty tough

Exactly...but as far as the Ab Ripper X routine...360 sit-up variations is a bit excessive...I know you've probably heard this a lot..but the key to gets that 6 or 8 pack is to run, eat healthy...and then do your sit ups...see, if you already have a flat stomach...you can get that 6 pack in a matter of weeks...Someone that has too much fat around their stomach can do 1000 sit ups everyday and not see any changes.
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    its sum ? ur born with...its genetics..

i did sits ups once when i was like 12, woke up the next day with a six pack n been rockin it ever since...if u gotta try hard for abs...then dont bother.

seriously tho...full body work outs, cardio n crunches n u good.
  • killap
    edited May 2010
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    its sum ? ur born with...its genetics..

i did sits ups once when i was like 12, woke up the next day with a six pack n been rockin it ever since...if u gotta try hard for abs...then dont bother.

seriously tho...full body work outs, cardio n crunches n u good.

I had 'abs' hence the thread title just gotta get them back, The last month or so of school I got really lazy and was eating a lot of fast food and I lost them
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I had 'abs' hence the thread title just gotta get them back, The last month or so of school I got really lazy and was eating a lot of fast food and I lost them

they never really leave...wlel they didnt for me anyway...its actually kinda of strange...but i was always active when i was younger, sports etc...but even in my lazier days, even when u put on weight it should never compeltely dissapear..it shud always be there...
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Glad I could be of help homie

Exactly...but as far as the Ab Ripper X routine...360 sit-up variations is a bit excessive...I know you've probably heard this a lot..but the key to gets that 6 or 8 pack is to run, eat healthy...and then do your sit ups...see, if you already have a flat stomach...you can get that 6 pack in a matter of weeks...Someone that has too much fat around their stomach can do 1000 sit ups everyday and not see any changes.

*raises hand*

guilty....lmao.....i do try to run at work on the treadmill i do a mile 10 minute run then i try to alternate with the ab ripper X the next day but it is hard(which i was told it was gonna be anyway) to not only get started but stay wit it...whats some good foods to eat to shed that stomach fat(if that is possible)....more beans, chicken, vegetables?
  • spit_fiya
    edited May 2010
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    *raises hand*

guilty....lmao.....i do try to run at work on the treadmill i do a mile 10 minute run then i try to alternate with the ab ripper X the next day but it is hard(which i was told it was gonna be anyway) to not only get started but stay wit it...whats some good foods to eat to shed that stomach fat(if that is possible)....more beans, chicken, vegetables?

Yep, thats good...honestly bruh, as long as you stay away from that ? fast food and pizza...you can eat whatever you want but just dont let it pile up without burnin it off.