The Quran and the Bible - Comparasion

TX_Made713
TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
edited May 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Koran vs The Bible

http://www.geocities.com/worldview_3/quranvbible.html

Summary:

Why is a comparison of the Qur'an (Koran) vs. the Bible an important topic? –

Because the Qur'an and the Bible are both claimed as having originated from ? , and Muslims and Christians call so both “Scripture” respectively. They both have the largest and most influential followings the world.

Many Muslim feel the real miracle of the Qur'an --is the origin and existence of the Qur'an itself, because Mohammed was (supposedly) illiterate, and he was given the words of the Qur'an, which were later written down by others, and yet the Qur'an still turned out to be so powerful and beautiful!

Muslim point of view:
to be clear we dont* say the miracle fo the Quran is its arrangement rather what is written.* you have to understand the context of such a claim.* Arabs at the time were great poets and reveled in competition amongst poets and their abilities to create superior poems amongst each other.* The Quran's miracle is the challenge to anyone to write a verse as such in the Quran.* Now one must remember that Arabic is a beautiful and complex language and the arabic poetry is very eloquent and therefore this was a real challenge to the pagan arabs as well as all of humanity.* Furthermore, we dont claim the the Bible in its ORIGINAL form is not miraculous we say that in the form it is today it has either been corrupted or misinterpreted

Side Note YHWH =
Yahweh is the English rendering of יַהְוֶה, a vocalization of the Tetragrammaton יהוה that was proposed by the Hebrew scholar Gesenius in the 19th century. The stem of the name Yahweh (Yah-) remains widely accepted but disagreements continue on the ending (-weh). This pronunciation and spelling, as with many religious and scholarly issues, remains the subject of ongoing debate[1].
The 7th-11th century Masoretic Text vocalises the Hebrew term יהוה as יְהֹוָה (YeHoWah/JeHoVaH). The Masoretic text underlies the Old Testament of the most circulated Bible of the Christian world, the King James Version, as well as many of the other English language versions. However, this vocalization had been disputed by Hebrew scholars from as early as 1604 A.D. In the 19th century, the Jehovah vocalisation was finally rejected by major Hebrew scholars, who did not believe that it accurately represented the original pronunciation[2]; based on Epiphanius's Greek transcription Ιαβε (representing Yave) of a term used by some Gnostic circles, Gesenius proposed יַהְוֶה as the correction

False Prophet:
"If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD (YHWH) does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him." - Deuteronomy 18:22

This means that if the predictions of any supposed "prophet" do not occur and come true, that man's words would then be rejected as not truly coming from ? or having ? 's authority ---and the man (who merely spoke on his own) would be considered a fake, and be rejected as a prophet. In addition, in the day when Moses wrote, if the people caught up with such a presumptuous and false "prophet", he was to be stoned to death (Deuteronomy 13:1-11). This was an effective way of "weeding out" false prophets.

"I am the LORD [Hebrew = "YHWH"]; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols. See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you" (Isa. 42:8-9).
This declaration from YHWH-? states that he announces what will occur in the future. ? predicts history before it occurs. This is how ? demonstrates his power and glory, and keeps it from being credited to pretenders and fakes --and prediction proves that ? 's authority is in the words of a genuine prophet.

"Bring in your idols to tell us what is going to happen. ...declare to us the things to come, tell us what the future holds, so we may know that you are gods!" - Isaiah 41:22-23

"Who then is like me? Let him proclaim it. Let him declare ...what is yet to come-- yes, let him foretell what will come!" - Isaiah 44:7

"I am ? and there is none like me. I make known from ancient times ...what is still to come" (Isa. 44:9,10).
This is highly important:

. . . YHWH-? himself asserts that this power to predict proves he is the true ? . -- ? applies this criterion to himself and also to his own prophets. -- And this criterion proves ? 's own scriptures to be the true scriptures
-- and also Jesus stated that he had the same power of prediction, when he declared, "See, I have told you ahead of time" (Mat. 24:25). And again, as a demonstration of who he was, Jesus said in John 13:19, "I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am He."

*It is fairly clear that the Bible manifests the attribute of having many specifically fulfilled prophetic predictions, which constitutes powerful evidence that the Bible truly originates from true prophets of the true almighty ? . The Bible meets the challenge which ? (YHWH) set out: To predict events of human history. --- In contrast, however, there does not seem to be a single specific prediction of human history in the Qur'an which is unique and original to the Qur'an and was not found in the Bible first (such as some end-time judgment concepts). This lack of predictive power is an announcement that the Qur'an does not clearly demonstrate ? 's power and authority within its pages. It fails to meet ? 's challenge.

Muslim point of view:

again this is a misnomer.* The Quran*HAS made specific predictions which are original and unique to the Quran (ie the splitting of the moon and the scientific*statements of the Quran.* Furthermore, can anyone post these predictions that have come true (from the Bible).* Another thing is why do ppl call it the Bible I mean wasnt the "bible" originally written in Aramaic/Greek where does the word bible come from.* Furthermore, can anyone say without a doubt that there are not problems inherent to translating from different languages and therefore it is true to say that there are some errors in the Bible due to mistranslations (which can even be the result of the translated language not ebing able to adequately describe what is ebing said in the original language)

The author is a christian getting his point across on why the bible > quran. Its a ? fight basically

Comments