Superman: Man of Steel Costume

Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in Quite Comical
One of my pet peeves concerning comic-to-film translations is of course the obvious and often times needless depature from the source material. Following close behind is the radical changes to the character's uniform. Screen writers and directors, instead of giving us gripping and compelling stories will leave their ? mark by changing the costume.

Superman is the first superhero and is arguably the most recognizible character in popular culture. The uniform in itself is icon, therefore it shouldn't be touched. Part of the beauty and simplicity of the uniform is that it's just spandex. Why is it only spandex? Because, Superman is ? INVULNERABLE! He doesn't need added protection and where's his spit curl? What's up with the "racing stripes?" Where's his ? belt and underoos? When you think about it, Supes suit should be the suit that Chris Evens should be wearing in the Avengers movie. For some strange reason there's a correlation between changing the costume and a wackass movie.

Another thing, what's up with the cod piece? Here we have another ? blantant attempt on the part of the director and making people to carter to the female and ? demo. Instead of getting some buff dude, that looks like Supes, they go with quasi hella ? Abercombie look for Supes. As time passes I hope I here better things about this movie, but as of now, the ? ain't looking good.

Will somebody please explain to me why Laurence Fishbourne is playing Perry White?

1334.jpg?w=290&h=475

Superman-03.jpg

Comments