Will America attack/bomb Iran by this or next year??

kingblaze84
kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in The Social Lounge
In the media lately, there seems to almost be an obsession with a future war against Iran. And almost always, the commentators who seem to be pushing for some kind of military option against Iran say we must do it to protect Israel. Israel has a whole bunch of weapons on its own, so why would anyone need to defend Israel from Iran? Why do some people really want to bomb Iran when we are already losing against guys wearing slippers in Afghanistan?? I sincerely hope America doesn't try to bomb Iran this or next year but watching Fox News and listening to talk radio lately, the war drums seem to be beating pretty hard lately. Am I just being paranoid or is this war thing a real possibility?

I remember the months before the Iraq War back in 2003 and I'm getting a similar vibe lately......

Comments

• SoutCity
    SoutCity Members Posts: 1,901 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Yeah I hope they live Iran the ? alone. We cannot afford the price of gas to raise to $20 a ? gallon. And personally I don't give a ? about Israel. And ? is really deja vu all over again.
  • ImSoReal
    ImSoReal Members Posts: 2,009
    edited November 2011
    I dont think we will, but we will give the ok to Israel to do so. The only reason Israel hasnt done so yet is because of us. Besides we already know the Middle East war record against Israel,
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    My thread on this got crazy ignored....

But after some time, Im thinking no....

If you've noticed, The U.S. hasn't really been as amped up about attacking Iran as Israel has. The US knows that even IF Iran has a nuke, they're not crazy enough to use it so browbeating sanctions are good enough for the US and most of the UN.

Israel however is being their normal bloodthirsty, obnoxious, recklessly paranoid self and is the only one calling for violence against Iran. The US has nothing to gain from this and is too taxed from Iraq and Afghanistan to really be invested in another conflict.

Add to that the fact that most of the American public is sick and tired of our presence in the Middle East and the Election year is inching closer and closer....
  • ImSoReal
    ImSoReal Members Posts: 2,009
    edited November 2011

If you've noticed, The U.S. hasn't really been as amped up about attacking Iran as Israel has. The US knows that even IF Iran has a nuke, they're not crazy enough to use it so browbeating sanctions are good enough for the US and most of the UN.

Israel however is being their normal bloodthirsty, obnoxious, recklessly paranoid self and is the only one calling for violence against Iran. The US has nothing to gain from this and is too taxed from Iraq and Afghanistan to really be invested in another conflict.

Add to that the fact that most of the American public is sick and tired of our presence in the Middle East and the Election year is inching closer and closer....

Yeah the american people are not going to stand for another damn war in the Mid East, especially when you include our support in the Libya civil war. Thats a whole lot in just a decade. However; I feel as Iran is banking on this

people always say Israel is overreacting but lets be real, they have every right to
  • SoutCity
    edited November 2011
    ImSoReal wrote: »
    I dont think we will, but we will give the ok to Israel to do so. The only reason Israel hasnt done so yet is because of us. Besides we already know the Israel war record against Middle East,

Fixed for you sir. It seems like the Israel has become the new ? Germany.
  • SoutCity
    edited November 2011
    Yeah the american people are not going to stand for another damn war in the Mid East, especially when you include our support in the Libya civil war. Thats a whole lot in just a decade. However; I feel as Iran is banking on this

people always say Israel is overreacting but lets be real, they have every right to

Please explain this statement.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    mrsoutcity wrote: »
    Please explain this statement.

yes... please..
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2011

Why does Israel have the right to overreact? It only brings Israel more hatred and terrorism. Stealing land for so long can only bring one more enemies. It also makes Israel's best ally and partner in crime, the United States, more vulnerable and gives it less moral authority in the world.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2011

I think you're right in that most Americans wouldn't stand for another war but since when does the govt care what most people think lol. The war in Afghanistan is very unpopular but we're gonna be there until at least 2015. I do think it's more likely Israel will do ? on its own, but the problem even than is that America will have to clean up Israel's mess. And that means giving Israel cover with weapons and airplanes to take care of the job. We're probably doing that already.....

All these sanctions America is putting up though tells me something is up......
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    i'm going to need everyone on this forum to remember how we used to have posters who were CONSTANTLY repeating that we'd be attacking Iran next year. this went on for years and years.

i'm just saying...
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    lol indeed jank, back in 06 especially, when we had posters like lebanon, memphis and many other cool cats steppin it up

back than it was plausible though, not really seeing it happen today.....

I don't see Israel attackin Iran on their own as well, this ain't the late 40s or 60's bros, also more sanctions from the US really don't mean anything at all, I mean the US has trade embargos and put permanent sanctions if you will on Iran for years(decades?)

I still believe that If this 'arab spring' will turn out positive, if thats still possible (free multiple party democrasies + growing weath/prosperity) that will be the end of both Israel and Irans regime(probably the Saoudis as well).
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Sounds ignorant I know but I'd just nuke the entire Middle East... Just sayin
  • Silverfoxxx
    Silverfoxxx Members Posts: 1,066
    edited November 2011
    In the media lately, there seems to almost be an obsession with a future war against Iran. And almost always, the commentators who seem to be pushing for some kind of military option against Iran say we must do it to protect Israel. Israel has a whole bunch of weapons on its own, so why would anyone need to defend Israel from Iran? Why do some people really want to bomb Iran when we are already losing against guys wearing slippers in Afghanistan?? I sincerely hope America doesn't try to bomb Iran this or next year but watching Fox News and listening to talk radio lately, the war drums seem to be beating pretty hard lately. Am I just being paranoid or is this war thing a real possibility?

I remember the months before the Iraq War back in 2003 and I'm getting a similar vibe lately......

U lost by watching that Illuminati channel bro. Closed Thread
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    america will invade pakistan before the do anything to iran, but if israel were to bomb them please believe america will support it
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2011
    U lost by watching that Illuminati channel bro. Closed Thread

I did lose by watching Fox News, but don't deny the influence Fox has on the American people. Its influence has waned a bit but it still has a powerful hold on the American people, so I gotta see what the channel is up to. CNN and the mainstream media are beating the war drums too, if you saw the Republican debates tonight you will know what I'm saying. Aside from Ron Paul, every candidate said they would support Israel bombing up Iran and would bomb Iran if sanctions don't work.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2011
    Alkindus wrote: »
    lol indeed jank, back in 06 especially, when we had posters like lebanon, memphis and many other cool cats steppin it up

back than it was plausible though, not really seeing it happen today.....

I don't see Israel attackin Iran on their own as well, this ain't the late 40s or 60's bros, also more sanctions from the US really don't mean anything at all, I mean the US has trade embargos and put permanent sanctions if you will on Iran for years(decades?)

I still believe that If this 'arab spring' will turn out positive, if thats still possible (free multiple party democrasies + growing weath/prosperity) that will be the end of both Israel and Irans regime(probably the Saoudis as well).

In all honesty, what makes you think Arabs have any power in what Israel will do and their ability to end Israel's reign of terror throughout the Arab world?? Nothing they have done so far has stopped Israel from stealing more land and water from its neighbors. I support the Arab Spring but even if it does get very powerful, I don't see it overcoming the power of Israel and it's protection from big brother USA.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    uh... are you and i not "cool cats?"
    back than it was plausible though, not really seeing it happen today....
    i will grant you that it was technically possible, because a lot of things are. but remember that the arguments were centered around:

01. that it was GUARANTEED to happen, not just "likely to happen if A and B and also C occur";
    02. constantly paired with "...and that's why we're going to have a draft"

frankly, my major argument half the time was that anything that requires a draft to happen is NOT going to happen.
    i think people have to also put in perspective WHEN this will all turn out positively/non-positively. you're shaking out some long-standing autocratic regimes in these countries, which means they don't have the civil structure and government that CAN and WILL respond to the people. the fact that it's not immediately smooth-sailing in, say, Egypt shouldn't mean we all freak out.
    america will invade pakistan before the do anything to iran, but if israel were to bomb them please believe america will support it
    let me make a list of new ideas that will not happen:
    01. the US invading Iran in the eminent future
    02. the US invading Pakistan in the future
    03. robot dinosaurs conquer the planet

i actually consider #3 the most likely to occur
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2011
    janklow wrote: »
    i'm going to need everyone on this forum to remember how we used to have posters who were CONSTANTLY repeating that we'd be attacking Iran next year. this went on for years and years.

i'm just saying...

Hey, I'm just asking a serious question. America is constantly putting sanctions on Iran, same thing it did with Iraq in the lead up to war. War might not erupt this minute but something does seem up.
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    janklow wrote: »
    uh... are you and i not "cool cats?"

let me make a list of new ideas that will not happen:
    01. the US invading Iran in the eminent future
    02. the US invading Pakistan in the future
    03. robot dinosaurs conquer the planet

i actually consider #3 the most likely to occur

the us has been sending drones into pakistan for a minute now and i know that for a fact i just came back from afghan from a yr long deployment in rc north our mission stop the taliban before they get to pakistan to hide
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    That peckawood is a beast and ain't no sleep for the wicked.

They want to fool with Syria and then get to messin' with Iran but them a persians got something Hot for them crackas if they wanna catch that fade.

Israel ain't legit, and them Khazzars over there ain't nothing but white boys in the desert doing devilish ? according to their nature.

There is a cancer on this planet that needs to be eradicated Asap
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2011
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    That peckawood is a beast and ain't no sleep for the wicked.

They want to fool with Syria and then get to messin' with Iran but them a persians got something Hot for them crackas if they wanna catch that fade.

Israel ain't legit, and them Khazzars over there ain't nothing but white boys in the desert doing devilish ? according to their nature.

There is a cancer on this planet that needs to be eradicated Asap

I understand completely what you're saying lol, and Israel definitely is a huge cancer on the world and America's endless support of it is wild crazy when you think about what they are doing to their neighbors. The debates tonight confirmed that Republicans (and Democrats too) don't care how much Americans get hated, as long as Israel's evil policies get supported. It wouldn't bother me as much unless I saw some end coming to it, but it seems that's not gonna be happening in our lifetime. America is ? and our support of Israel is gonna be one of America's downfalls. Politicians in America are shameless and don't mind bankrupting the country to protect baby Israel, despite it being the richest nation in the Middle East. Pathetic.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2011
    And yeah I think Israel would be making a big mistake going after Iran. Iran can't beat Israel in a war, but Israel would be in a hella shitstorm for a long time, from nations beyond Iran. And America would go even more bankrupt cleaning Israel's mess, further ruining America's toxic image in the M.E. The scenario seems silly for Israel and America but knowing the leaders of both countries, the dumb is very VERY possible. I give it a 70/30 shot of something popping off by next year. The sanctions are getting beyond desperate and when America or Israel get desperate, people start getting blown the ? up.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    lol offcourse we're the cool cats jank,

but yeah was pretty much thinking long term 10-40 years approx...the revolutions are still far from over but by then I would expect some sort of new status quo/social democracies with the most basic freedoms most of us here take for granted to be fully operational in most of northern Africa/parts of the mid east and those new governments and free societies would most def make it hard for oppresive regimes like that of Iran, S.Arabia and Israel to function and would seeze to exist. I know it's wishfull thinking....but still, nobody expected the revolutions to take place in the first place...

The fall of those regimes, could also be sooner, take Israel for example, the main reason why they are still up and runnin is because the US got/has their back in the UN etc. Maybe there will be a time that public opinion will turn against Israel in the US and the Isr. lobby groups would lose it grip(replaced by maybe powerfull arab/far eastern lobby groups) just like it happened here in the EU the last decade, I mean 8 years ago you would get frowned upon while critisiing israel and the EU countries would always vote pro Israel, nowadays its the other way around, you get frowned upon if you support Israel. Big difference and that happened in just a few years. There will be a time when even the US is fed up with Israel and considers it a liability...or maybe not.

edit:

Israel cannot defeat Iran in war, they have not got the groundforces whatso ever or the manpower, they can cause serious damage with their missiles/nukes/war jets etc but they could not occupy or dismantle Irans regime/military without the help of Nato/the US/UN. Iran cannot beat Israel in war cause Israel will take the world with them in misery before surrendering to Iran(which has the manpower to occupy Israel plus there are militias/more than enough people that would turn rebels once Israel is weakened and they would mos def attack, think Palestinians/Lebanese who offcourse hold a grudge to Israel.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2011
    lol offcourse we're the cool cats jank,

but yeah was pretty much thinking long term 10-40 years approx...the revolutions are still far from over but by then I would expect some sort of new status quo/social democracies with the most basic freedoms most of us here take for granted to be fully operational in most of northern Africa/parts of the mid east and those new governments and free societies would most def make it hard for oppresive regimes like that of Iran, S.Arabia and Israel to function and would seeze to exist. I know it's wishfull thinking....but still, nobody expected the revolutions to take place in the first place...

The fall of those regimes, could also be sooner, take Israel for example, the main reason why they are still up and runnin is because the US got/has their back in the UN etc. Maybe there will be a time that public opinion will turn against Israel in the US and the Isr. lobby groups would lose it grip(replaced by maybe powerfull arab/far eastern lobby groups) just like it happened here in the EU the last decade, I mean 8 years ago you would get frowned upon while critisiing israel and the EU countries would always vote pro Israel, nowadays its the other way around, you get frowned upon if you support Israel. Big difference and that happened in just a few years. There will be a time when even the US is fed up with Israel and considers it a liability...or maybe not.

edit:

Israel cannot defeat Iran in war, they have not got the groundforces whatso ever or the manpower, they can cause serious damage with their missiles/nukes/war jets etc but they could not occupy or dismantle Irans regime/military without the help of Nato/the US/UN. Iran cannot beat Israel in war cause Israel will take the world with them in misery before surrendering to Iran(which has the manpower to occupy Israel plus there are militias/more than enough people that would turn rebels once Israel is weakened and they would mos def attack, think Palestinians/Lebanese who offcourse hold a grudge to Israel.

I certainly hope the day occurs when American opinion overwhelmingly turns against Israel. I do hear much more criticism of Israel online and in the real world compared to 5 years ago, even on talk radio. That's a significant change, but politicians still suck Israel's ? every chance they get. It will be a very long time before America's politicians are afraid to diss Israel, considering the Christian evangelicals who still hold a powerful influence in parts of the South and Midwest. It is definitely in vogue to criticize Israel in college campuses though!!

As far as Iran and Israel going to war, I think you're right. Israel could do some severe damage to Iran but it can't conquer its people. Iran in theory could, but it doesn't have the technology and weapons to do so. Never mind America being guaranteed to bomb to hell any nation that dares hurt Israel.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    They surely are beating the drum aren't they? Reminds me of the build up to go to Iraq.