• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    SMH

McDonalds is good.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    More people probably hit up McDonald's everyday than any other restaurant, but the food is still ass. Not to say MW2 is ass, but the masses are the last thing I would trust in regards to what's actually good or not. Personally, I think the reason "no one gives a ? " about BFBC2 (which is weak logic in the first place. That's like saying no one is checking for Halo: Reach cause the Arcade thread only did 2 pages) is because they try to compare every aspect of the game to MW2 when all they really have in common is that they're FPSs that take place in modern times. They either get frustrated with one aspect of the gameplay and go back to MW2, hold MW2 to some unbeatable standards while playing BC2, or never even tried the game in the first place. I don't wanna come off as some sort of elitist, but I think blazini was right when he said that MW2 is more casual friendly, and casual friendly will probably always be more popular when it comes to online multiplayer. Overall, I think there are more things to learn in BC2, along with more things happening at once, so people come in and think "Well, I'm already good at/familiar with MW2, so I'll just go back to that."

I know you trying to get your point across but dont you EVER speak bad about micky d's.....their fries are goat
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    More people probably hit up McDonald's everyday than any other restaurant, but the food is still ass. Not to say MW2 is ass, but the masses are the last thing I would trust in regards to what's actually good or not. Personally, I think the reason "no one gives a ? " about BFBC2 (which is weak logic in the first place. That's like saying no one is checking for Halo: Reach cause the Arcade thread only did 2 pages) is because they try to compare every aspect of the game to MW2 when all they really have in common is that they're FPSs that take place in modern times. They either get frustrated with one aspect of the gameplay and go back to MW2, hold MW2 to some unbeatable standards while playing BC2, or never even tried the game in the first place. I don't wanna come off as some sort of elitist, but I think blazini was right when he said that MW2 is more casual friendly, and casual friendly will probably always be more popular when it comes to online multiplayer. Overall, I think there are more things to learn in BC2, along with more things happening at once, so people come in and think "Well, I'm already good at/familiar with MW2, so I'll just go back to that."

i see your point actually...

the other games i mentioned are of a different genre....n bfbc is a FPS...so the market is already very competitive before it even dropped...ok...fair enough...

but heres a question...lets say bfbc2 dropped when mw2 did....would it be as popular as say...mw1, resistance ? or even killzone ?...would it get the respect n recognition it deserves ?...cos y'all say it alot better than mw2 bla bla...but half a million are people are still playing mw2 everyday, n the ? dropped way back in november...

the casual aspect of mw is a good point also, but if you guna make a console shooter...u gon have to try n make it accessible, playable, challenging and fun all at the same time...if bfbc aint fillign all these requirements then its saying its alot better than mw2 is a bold statement.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • One Spliff
    edited May 2010
    The Jamel wrote: »
    Dog pick up the damn game and give it a try...
    You think it doesn't cater to casual gamers? I'm living proof that it does... I mean come on I have Cooking Mama in my video game collection!

Once you get past the controls and settle into a nice class and start thinking from a tactical stand point, you will be pwning cats like noting... Learning curve isnt to high or too low...

Just give it a shoulder shrug type "why the hell not" and pick it up and try it out...
    Even the storyline is great.. well til the end of course, but that's all games...

the gfx tho...lol....i'll cop the demo again...

i recall playing a snow level, game seemed cool...all fps's r cool to me...but gfx really wre'nt up to scratch...maybe it was just that paticular map that did'nt look good, i dont kno...

? was like a ps2 game...i cud be trippin tho...
  • lurkinassnigga
    lurkinassnigga Members Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    One Spliff wrote: »
    the casual aspect of mw is a good point also, but if you guna make a console shooter...u gon have to try n make it accessible, playable, challenging and fun all at the same time...if bfbc aint fillign all these requirements then its saying its alot better than mw2 is a bold statement.

I do think that MW2 does the console thing better, so I will give it that. Even though Bad Company was made with consoles in mind, the Battlefield series is still more of a PC thing at heart. As far as the graphics go, I think they toned it down for framerate purposes. The maps in BC2 are pretty big, and there's usually a lot of trees or bushes, not to mention that ? is blowing up pretty much constantly. Combined with the fact that almost all of the buildings are completely destructible, I think top notch graphics would drop the frames down too far to be acceptable. They would have gotten slaughtered for it when the reviews came out. Overall, I just really like the teamwork aspect of Battlefield and the using different classes (Assault, Medic, Engineer, etc), to help my team win. MW2 is a great game no doubt, but truthfully I think Bad Company 2 is just as good (besides the single player though, cause its short as ? and kinda rushed. I don't think DICE really gave a ? about it anyway).
    I know you trying to get your point across but dont you EVER speak bad about micky d's.....their fries are goat

lol, I knew someone would be like "? that ? " when I posted that. Aight, so maybe I did go a little too hard on McD's.
  • One Spliff
    edited May 2010
    I do think that MW2 does the console thing better, so I will give it that. Even though Bad Company was made with consoles in mind, the Battlefield series is still more of a PC thing at heart. As far as the graphics go, I think they toned it down for framerate purposes. The maps in BC2 are pretty big, and there's usually a lot of trees or bushes, not to mention that ? is blowing up pretty much constantly. Combined with the fact that almost all of the buildings are completely destructible, I think top notch graphics would drop the frames down too far to be acceptable.[/b] They would have gotten slaughtered for it when the reviews came out. Overall, I just really like the teamwork aspect of Battlefield and the using different classes (Assault, Medic, Engineer, etc), to help my team win. MW2 is a great game no doubt, but truthfully I think Bad Company 2 is just as good (besides the single player though, cause its short as ? and kinda rushed. I don't think DICE really gave a ? about it anyway).

i guess that explains it...

i've mentioned a few times in ths forum the importance of gfx and the presentation of a games in this gen of gaming...we've all spent thousands on your set ups (console, HDtv, gams et etc) so i want all my games to look the way they should in 2010...

those KZ3 screenshots will have u foaming at the mouth...its almost hard to believe games like kz n bfbc both play on the same console.
  • zoomzoomp5
    zoomzoomp5 Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    look...............fuuck ya'll!!!! engineer FTW! if you run as a medic, then you a ? ! TRU STORY.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2010
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    The game requires teamwork to get anything done, me & my sqaud be running ? on attack .

My homie hop on the uav and I throw C4 all over it, then he fly it into the crate and tell me to detinate it lol, got 7 kills at once with it before,

blew up the whole building too
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    I messed with the engineer class when I was playing awhile back. I gotta say tho, that Recon & Medic are the worst class. It's that they they are bad, but the majority of people that can't play (no diss) pick those classes: Medic so they can shoot 200 shots before they have to reload (and you know it takes they about 50-100 of those shots to hit you once because they can't aim for ? ) and Recon....It seemed like almost every time I was on the attack squad, 8/12 were snipers so basically we had NO push at all. I don't have a problem with snipers, it's just that there were too many of them. How are we attacking if everyone is waiting in the wing trying to pick people off.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2010
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited May 2010
    how does this game look on console?

i have it on pc...? looks INCREDIBLE
  • One Spliff
    edited May 2010
    Sym_ wrote: »

remember syphon filter on ps1/ps2 ?

very similar.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2010
  • One Spliff
    edited May 2010
    The Jamel wrote: »
    Very over critcal comment... once you see how much information and motion is on the screen you will have a better understanding... You act like these companies be sharing why they graphics turn out better then others... Not everything can be built offa the Unreal Engine my ? ...

battyfield ? company 2 is for mw2 players with low ratios, simple...

i heard mag was horrible looking to...uuggghh

the day i put money the pocket of sum lazy ass devs who cant even make a game look presentible on a ps3, is the day pigs will fly
  • lurkinassnigga
    lurkinassnigga Members Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    I messed with the engineer class when I was playing awhile back. I gotta say tho, that Recon & Medic are the worst class. It's that they they are bad, but the majority of people that can't play (no diss) pick those classes: Medic so they can shoot 200 shots before they have to reload (and you know it takes they about 50-100 of those shots to hit you once because they can't aim for ? ) and Recon....It seemed like almost every time I was on the attack squad, 8/12 were snipers so basically we had NO push at all. I don't have a problem with snipers, it's just that there were too many of them. How are we attacking if everyone is waiting in the wing trying to pick people off.

Sniping Recons are one of the things I really hate about the multiplayer, because they all think they're great snipers but 99% of them can't hit ? . My Recon kit changes a lot depending on the situation, but I always use a T88, VSS or SVU and spam motion mines while either fighting on the front lines or trying to sneak around and arm while picking a few people off.
  • zoomzoomp5
    edited May 2010

i have it on pc...? looks INCREDIBLE

only reason i haven't got it for the PS3/360
  • Sym_
    edited May 2010
    One Spliff wrote: »
    battyfield ? company 2 is for mw2 players with low ratios, simple...

i heard mag was horrible looking to...uuggghh

the day i put money the pocket of sum lazy ass devs who cant even make a game look presentible on a ps3, is the day pigs will fly

what is your basis for this?

if you don't want your games to look like ? get a pc

32 player bfbc2 rush game is intense ? and a ton of fun
  • zoomzoomp5
    edited May 2010
    what is your basis for this?

if you don't want your games to look like ? get a pc

32 player bfbc2 rush game is intense ? and a ton of fun

you got a clan on PC?
  • Sym_
    edited May 2010
    nope i just play randomly, the friend list thing is still screwed up

kinda mad at them for not getting that ? patched wtf

my tag is the same as my username here though in case they ever do fix it
  • zoomzoomp5
    edited May 2010
    nope i just play randomly, the friend list thing is still screwed up

kinda mad at them for not getting that ? patched wtf

my tag is the same as my username here though in case they ever do fix it

yeah. i thought i wasnt the only one with the damn problem when it happened. i just randomly click on the friends to see if it actually sends me to a server. i swear PC gets NO LOVE.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2010
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    lol everytime im online you're playing splinter cell or some ? , i forgot the name of the game

next time you on and Im on, send me a message and i'll switch over to battlefield :)
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2010