The Official "Convince Me" Thread...DoUWant2Go2Heaven?, get in here.

2»

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    EvanR12 wrote: »
    The miracle is knowing things are going to happen before they happen. If on multiple occasions, you have dreams of like for example, a kid(who you havnt seen in 15 years) walks up to you and asks you "hey do you enjoy hockey?" in the dream. The next day, you see him for the first time in 15 years and he asks that exact question. and stuff like this happens often. You technically could claim that its a coincidence. But ya right, i do not believe thats just a coincedence if it is happening at that scale i believe you are recieving information from an all knowing source.

You are basically assuming that their is a scientific explanation for people who can tell the future. The same way religious people assume their is a ? . So are you for or against assumptions with no proof? Im not trying to argue for any certain religion, but with my life experiences i just believe more and more that there is some sort of other "side". Beyond the physical world.

And religion isnt always about just needing to feel like you have purpose, Buddhism for example, is more of a way to live life in a peacefull state of enlightenment in which you can escape temptations, and just the sadness of reality. Loved ones dying, aging, disease, jealousy, etc. And if you follow that religion you really will escape those things. I dont see athiusts offering a superior method to living a fullfilling life. They often come across as arrogent kinda like they think they are so smart(not you just some)The Buddists i meet come across as content, humble, and good intended. Respond to the first two points though, i just added this in for an extra kick

Bro, I'm sorry but I do not believe you dreaming about someone you haven't seen in 15 years then it actually coming true is truly a "miracle". There's days where I think of my Uncle, and he happens to call me at the exact moment or day. That is no miracle, it's just "just".

I wouldn't call it a "miracle" or a "coincidence" but if it is something significant, that you've been wondering or asking that's related to ? then it's ? speaking through something/someone to YOU.

That's happened to me.? has never spoken to me in a voice or a visual spirit but through other things/people. That I would consider ? speaking. Not a miracle though, a miracle to me is something that happens that is pretty much "impossible", like someone living 100 days without food or water, that is impossible but if someone did it, that would honestly be a miracle. It's the extremeness of the situation that makes it a miracle. At least to me.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited May 2010
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Bro, I'm sorry but I do not believe you dreaming about someone you haven't seen in 15 years then it actually coming true is truly a "miracle". There's days where I think of my Uncle, and he happens to call me at the exact moment or day. That is no miracle, it's just "just".

I wouldn't call it a "miracle" or a "coincidence" but if it is something significant, that you've been wondering or asking that's related to ? then it's ? speaking through something/someone to YOU.

That's happened to me.? has never spoken to me in a voice or a visual spirit but through other things/people. That I would consider ? speaking. Not a miracle though, a miracle to me is something that happens that is pretty much "impossible", like someone living 100 days without food or water, that is impossible but if someone did it, that would honestly be a miracle. It's the extremeness of the situation that makes it a miracle. At least to me.

Thats what i was trying to get at. Some things are miraculous, there is the probability of it being a random event but its still miraculous to say the least. Some things do seem as if ? has intervened. Most of the things though people claim to be miricals are not, or people say well he asked ? for help and he got it so it must be true. No, its a probability that something like that will happen, the worst the even the less the probability it will, but it still exist. Every single person surviving an event is not a mirical. Deja Vu is not a mirical, rain is not a mirical, you prayin for someone to come out of a coma and it happening is not a mirical. They happen all the time, no matter what religion or belief the person associates themselves with. The story you posted earlier, that can be called a mirical, in your eyes it is, but there were other people who were on the exact floors the planes hit and made it out before it crumbled also. Like I said is it a possible mirical based off just his story, yea it seems that way, it might have been a ? who willed him out. But what makes his story any different than the others is just that he asked for help, had someone said Satan rescue me, and they were helped out in time, than you would also have to belief satan does good for people.

And to Evan, this is thread about ? , you were talking about Godly miricals, then your last paragraph you talk about Buddhist. Well Buddhist dont believe in a great creator.
  • kids in america_
    kids in america_ Members Posts: 213
    edited May 2010
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    Us atheists have formed our views based on there not being sufficient proof to convince us otherwise.

But I'm willing to create a haven that theists can use to provide that proof (if they can) to convince us otherwise.

I'll start off by saying, what would appear to be an inability to provide a "who" or "what" for various processes and "explanations" does not automatically equate to there being a ? , or "goddidit."

It's not your time to believe in '? '.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Thats what i was trying to get at. Some things are miraculous, there is the probability of it being a random event but its still miraculous to say the least. Some things do seem as if ? has intervened. Most of the things though people claim to be miricals are not, or people say well he asked ? for help and he got it so it must be true. No, its a probability that something like that will happen, the worst the even the less the probability it will, but it still exist. Every single person surviving an event is not a mirical. Deja Vu is not a mirical, rain is not a mirical, you prayin for someone to come out of a coma and it happening is not a mirical. They happen all the time, no matter what religion or belief the person associates themselves with. The story you posted earlier, that can be called a mirical, in your eyes it is, but there were other people who were on the exact floors the planes hit and made it out before it crumbled also. Like I said is it a possible mirical based off just his story, yea it seems that way, it might have been a ? who willed him out. But what makes his story any different than the others is just that he asked for help, had someone said Satan rescue me, and they were helped out in time, than you would also have to belief satan does good for people.

And to Evan, this is thread about ? , you were talking about Godly miricals, then your last paragraph you talk about Buddhist. Well Buddhist dont believe in a great creator.

I know quite a bit about 9/11, I've never heard one other story like Stanley's. There may have been survivors there, on those floors or nearby but what makes his stand out is him seeing the plane come towards him and hitting his floor like that. The story is more in depth, more detail to it but what I explained is the the gist of the story.

I think now he is a religious person, I'm not sure what he follows though.
  • EvanR12
    EvanR12 Members Posts: 60
    edited May 2010

Ya thats why i said i just added that in for an extra kick and to just respond to the first part. I dont even know what i follow, i just know i have had psychic experiences and have just witnessed alot of evidence that there is some other side beyond the physical world as we know and understand.And I am just not impressed by athiests who just always say "you cant prove ? in a labratory etc". I realized that when i was like 5 years old, you cant really measure love in a labratory either but i think we all can feel that at some point.

The Universe is absolutely crazy, it pretty much can not end first of all, what is it going to just end at a brick wall? and supposedly energy or matter can not be created or destroyed so according to chemistry, the universe must have just always been there and reactions just occur that transfer energy to different forms. but that is the physical world. If ? exists, it is in another realm, not our physical universe. imo
    i dont know, i dont think we are sophistaicated enough to even really understand it even if it was placed right in front of our faces, which it probably is.
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    I saw a pink elephant standing outside my window.

? must be trying to tell me something.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited May 2010
    Ya thats why i said i just added that in for an extra kick and to just respond to the first part. I dont even know what i follow, i just know i have had psychic experiences and have just witnessed alot of evidence that there is some other side beyond the physical world as we know and understand.And I am just not impressed by athiests who just always say "you cant prove ? in a labratory etc". I realized that when i was like 5 years old, you cant really measure love in a labratory either but i think we all can feel that at some point.

The Universe is absolutely crazy, it pretty much can not end first of all, what is it going to just end at a brick wall? and supposedly energy or matter can not be created or destroyed so according to chemistry, the universe must have just always been there and reactions just occur that transfer energy to different forms. but that is the physical world.

i dont know, i dont think we are sophistaicated enough to even really understand it even if it was placed right in front of our faces, which it probably is.

The secret is we are gods, we just have failed to understand this and like I said the things our minds are capable of when we probably dont even have 1% of them explored, who knows what we can do. It could be we are gods and we just arent able to grasp and use our abilities yet.
  • EvanR12
    edited May 2010
    The secret is we are gods, we just have failed to understand this and like I said the things our minds are capable of when we probably dont even have 1% of them explored, who knows what we can do. It could be we are gods and we just arent able to grasp and use our abilities yet.

Ya, and everyone assumes that to use our brains to full capacity, we have to think about things all the time and figure things out, when actually we end up thinking ourselves in circles and get no where. And the only way to really achieve a complete thought, and achieve the use of higher capacity is by clearing your mind of all thoughts for a long period of time(bruce lee said that).Which is what Buddhism and Christianity both say to do. lol i just made that up right now im definatly always saying that now
  • EvanR12
    edited May 2010
    Ya, and everyone assumes that to use our brains to full capacity, we have to think about things all the time and figure things out, when actually we end up thinking ourselves in circles and get no where. And the only way to really achieve a complete thought, and achieve the use of higher capacity is by clearing your mind of all thoughts for a long period of time(bruce lee said that).Which is what Buddhism and Christianity both say to do. lol i just made that up right now im definatly always saying that now

Yes i am responding to myself

But Evan, you used logic and figuring to figure out that, so the reason you can achieve higher capacity by not thinking, is from first thinking, so what if there is more we can figure out from figuring things out also (then brain explodes)