In seclusion ill discover my revolution,
Search my soul and think up a solution,
We were promised so much more,
Weren’t we?
Feeling defeated I began to look,
I found myself in Gandhi’s ashram,
The words came alive from my book,
Shahnti, Shahnti, Shahnti,

This poem might not mean alot to anyone, and the ending might seem a little random. But ? it, it was how i feeling at that time. & i thought it was dope then... Haha

Hope you enjoyed and as usual feedback is always welcomed....

Comments

• Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    this was interesting read, I thought you touched on a lot of subjects that's effecting today's era.. and you poetically wrote that haha! I can digg that.. sometimes we gotta use other forms of speech to reach the masses..

as always, thank you for sharing with us!!
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Props Stupot, some really nice lines in this piece and I know you've read a Gandhi book haven't you? Which is why the ending is probably there…

Living life on this same worn out mattress,

Great line :tu
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    tupacfan wrote: »
    this was interesting read, I thought you touched on a lot of subjects that's effecting today's era.. and you poetically wrote that haha! I can digg that.. sometimes we gotta use other forms of speech to reach the masses..

as always, thank you for sharing with us!!

How you doing Tupacfan? yeah i feel its a mess if im honest, just threw whatever was in my head together...
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Props Stupot, some really nice lines in this piece and I know you've read a Gandhi book haven't you? Which is why the ending is probably there…

Living life on this same worn out mattress,

Great line :tu

Yeah that Gandhi book was amazing! im gonna re read it sometime next year probs... A worn out mattress is never a bad thing if you get what i mean Haha
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2011
    Options
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    Yeah that Gandhi book was amazing! im gonna re read it sometime next year probs... A worn out mattress is never a bad thing if you get what i mean Haha

Hahaha I'm with you on that one, how long was that Gandhi book? Gandhi's pretty bad ass, can't believe he was still seen as a terrorist in the States until like 2009 lol.
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Hahaha I'm with you on that one, how long was that Gandhi book? Gandhi's pretty bad ass, can't believe he was still seen as a terrorist in the States until like 2009 lol.

626 pages... It was a slow read for me, but its inspirational. His philosophies, spirtual depth and discipline.

He has some controversial writings in Young India (like his magazine he used to write in), where he is racist towards black people, which i dunno if i would take them as internet conspiracies or a sign of the times back then.... Doesnt say anything in the Biography, but Gandhi himself always said he had major flaws. Man i dunno if thats just internet talk or not.

Its by Louis Fischer. who spent alot of time with Gandhi. 10/10 read for me
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2011
    Options
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    626 pages... It was a slow read for me, but its inspirational. His philosophies, spirtual depth and discipline.

He has some controversial writings in Young India (like his magazine he used to write in), where he is racist towards black people, which i dunno if i would take them as internet conspiracies or a sign of the times back then.... Doesnt say anything in the Biography, but Gandhi himself always said he had major flaws. Man i dunno if thats just internet talk or not.

Its by Louis Fischer. who spent alot of time with Gandhi. 10/10 read for me

That's cool, I'll have to check it out when I have 600+ pages of reading time!!!