Women's Intuition - Real or Imagined?

Options
DarcSkies
DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in The Powder Room
A lot of females seriously think they have a such thing as "women's intuition" I think it's complete ? myself. Something females say to feel special.

But do you females think you have a (lets say) "special ability" to "feel" something happening in your relationship or with your children that men, or younger females do not have that once you become a woman it all makes sense?

I personally think we all have some kind of 6th sense that warns of of things to come and we just ignore it. But do you think it's stronger in women?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DarcSkies
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lol @ common sense being seen as some kind of "special ability" in relation to females...
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    I personally think we all have some kind of 6th sense that warns of of things to come and we just ignore it.

This.
    Intuition, instinct, a gut feeling, micro expressions we pick up on (tiny signals others given off which are so quick that often times we are unable to process them in the moment which is why there will be instances where something just clicks after the fact and makes sense later) are not gender specific. It's just a matter of how in tune with them, ourselves and our surroundings we are.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Idk know if I would call it something specific to women

But I know soft sucka ? /hoe ? / ? when I see it
  • DarcSkies
    edited November 2011
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    Idk know if I would call it something specific to women

But I know soft sucka ? /hoe ? / ? when I see it
    lol

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    women's intuition aint nothing more then a glorified term for common sense.

common ? sense that's all...

if a man stop eatting your cooking, then guess what?
    that ? cheating, you aint gotta have a third eye to come to that damn conclusion

Basically. Having said that though whatever we're gonna call it I don't think a lot of dudes have it. Women just always on the look out for everything a ? does and since we generally keep the same routine ? is easy to spot. A lot of dudes I know are oblivious as hell to the changes that go on with their chick....
  • Just2C
    Just2C Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Women are crazy B! Thats it.

All they do is play out scenerios in they head all day and then based on some ? they thought up they look at you with the side eye.

But as far as children go yeah a woman knows when something is going on with her child. Well atleast the good ones anyway
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Women are more readily accepting of feelings than men. So I think that's where the intuition thing comes into play. Evolved instinct.Men operate in logic. So of course we ignore our initial feeling and assess the situation rationally
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    A lot of females seriously think they have a such thing as "women's intuition" I think it's complete ? myself. Something females say to feel special.

But do you females think you have a (lets say) "special ability" to "feel" something happening in your relationship or with your children that men, or younger females do not have that once you become a woman it all makes sense?

I personally think we all have some kind of 6th sense that warns of of things to come and we just ignore it. But do you think it's stronger in women?

I agree at the bolded

I just think women are more in tune when it comes to that because they tend to be more sensitive with certain senses/abilities

for instance, when looking at a piece of art, men will be more appreciative of the curves (pun intended).............while women may pay more attention to the colors/textures

add in subtle things like how women are more susceptible to scents because of their biology, it's natural for a woman to think some feeling triggered by a biological defense mechanism is some sort of intuition.....................when really it's just because women are designed to have children

internally their bodies go thru so many more changes than us men, so it's understandable that the average female could feel overloaded and overwhelmed by her senses..............hence the reason for the extreme crazy ? they do sometimes (a lot of the time :( )

that's why it seems women pay so much attention to insignificant details, cause it's not crazy to think they may need extra reassurance when so many things are happening internally for them :shrugs
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I knew you'd say something like this... I had a feeling lol

anywho.. it's real some choose to use it other choose to ignore it
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    dont underestimate the force my nig.....my bm know ? b4 i do it i swear!!!
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    My bro would always laugh at this.. he says when he wasn't ? around on his old girl she always thought he was, they always had arguments and disagreements cause she had a dream about such and such..or a feeling premoniton type ? .

BUT

when he was actually ? around on her, she was the happiest most in love chick he's ever seen LMAoO

with that said some have it some think they have it and some just dont.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    We all have it, the more you listen to it the more you can rely on it. However the rational side of me says it's all ? and it's simply our fantastic mind capabilities that deduces possibly outcomes and scenarios based off past experiences.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options

It's nothing more than some ? to feed the idea that women are somehow secretly smarter than men...just look at any tv sitcom where the dad is a ? idiot whenever the mother goes on strike or he has to be left alone with a child...it just feeds this idea that once in a serious relationship men somehow become inept and unable to do basic ?
  • Lambent
    Lambent Members Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • CaliGurl
    CaliGurl Members Posts: 17
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Real. But for as many of those who follow it there will be a equal number for ignore and prefer to live in ignorance. I think it also has to do with how in tune you are to those around you. Obviously.
  • Maalik II
    Maalik II Members Posts: 8
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Yo...that sh*t is real dun.

As a kid, moms used to sleep like a wild boar. Just off in another planet at night. The one night I steal her car in high school, her ass wake up LOL. I must've rolled out at like 3:23am and this woman i guess could just feel that I wasn't there. It was HILARIOUS when I got back home.
  • charles876
    charles876 Members Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    Options
    In some cases, it is often real. Women instinct should also be trusted at times.

edited December 2011
    Options
    lmao a case could be made that women's personality traits tend to be more intune with subtle body languages of other.

But really its just hindsight bias. Then only remember the 1 time they were right and forget about the 100 times they were wrong.
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I believe in that ish, my mom and sisters are like psychic!
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Man, ? no women don't have any intuition...

? , if that was the case, they would be more successful in the choosing of their S/O

The women's intuition is nothing...it just means the dumb ? is telling on himself, giving her the dumb look when she confronts him...

There's no such thing a women's intuition...they all can get played for dumb...