Is It Wrong or Contrary To Be Black And Christian??

124»

Comments

• oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited June 2010
    And Step wrote: »
    There are eople who adhere to the teachings of Jesus who do not accept the label, teachings, or practices of Chrisitainity. It is a defacto movement started by Europeans to coopt Eastern control.

Bible-European

Christ - European

White Jesus- European

Cross - European

Easter-European

Christmas-European

I understand what you are saying, but again what I'm claiming is that "Christianity" didn't come from Europeans, but the NAME may have. The stories in the Bible, Christ's teachings (if he existed), and the original followers of Christ IS Christianity in retrospect. Much of what is considered Christianity existed before it was packaged as Christianity. The organization of it all was created by Europeans, such as the symbology that you listed - I'll agree with that aspect.
  • nusouthorigin
    nusouthorigin Members Posts: 8
    edited June 2010
    It is all well and good that they acquired the strength to overcome these obstacles. That is not the slavery part. The slavery part comes from the fact that u wait for reward in the hereafter while the elite r having their rewards now. That is wat makes u a slave. If u trade one form of slavery for another u r still a slave. U may not be a slave on a plantation anymore but u may b a slave to the prison industrial complex. Also freemen r permitted to own land, slaves r not. In the united states NOONE is permited to own land, u r leasing it. Forget to pay ur property taxes one year and then tell me u own ur house.
  • oliverlang
    edited June 2010
    It is all well and good that they acquired the strength to overcome these obstacles. That is not the slavery part. The slavery part comes from the fact that u wait for reward in the hereafter while the elite r having their rewards now. That is wat makes u a slave. If u trade one form of slavery for another u r still a slave. U may not be a slave on a plantation anymore but u may b a slave to the prison industrial complex. Also freemen r permitted to own land, slaves r not. In the united states NOONE is permited to own land, u r leasing it. Forget to pay ur property taxes one year and then tell me u own ur house.

My question would be, what is the reward that is being sought (elite or the non-elite) and what is freedom? In my opinion, the only free man is a man that is free from attachments (possessions, concepts, etc). Your attachment to these things is preventing you from being truly free (this includes attachments to land). I'm not talking about you specifically, just speaking in generalities.
  • nusouthorigin
    nusouthorigin Members Posts: 8
    edited June 2010
    I have no attachment to things, I am a poor righteous teacher. For me the reward is in the jorney not the destination. But deaf blind and stupid r using the scorecard the elite r telling them to use. If u use that scorecard u will always be losing. That is the point I was trying to make, when u play this game with the elite u will always come up short because they have u focused on the wrong things. Ever heard "u can't see the forest for the trees"? this is wat I mean. I'll close with some words from Ras Kass "Christians pray hands folded and believe, Muslims face the east cup they hands to recieve, and organized religions deviding the sea, ONE ? ONE LOVE the true path to be free."
  • oliverlang
    edited June 2010
    I have no attachment to things, I am a poor righteous teacher. For me the reward is in the jorney not the destination. But deaf blind and stupid r using the scorecard the elite r telling them to use. If u use that scorecard u will always be losing. That is the point I was trying to make, when u play this game with the elite u will always come up short because they have u focused on the wrong things. Ever heard "u can't see the forest for the trees"? this is wat I mean. I'll close with some words from Ras Kass "Christians pray hands folded and believe, Muslims face the east cup they hands to recieve, and organized religions deviding the sea, ONE ? ONE LOVE the true path to be free."

I can dig it, and agree for the most part.