Who is this "Rain Man" everyone raps and sings about?

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    garv wrote: »
    This guy just shut down the thread, why are people still debating on it?

Because obviously, he didn't shut ? down.
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    lol, oh is that why? so i guess every person in the history of the world who was able to reach fame and/or fortune had to sell the soul to the devil? it seems like if it was that easy way more people would be signing up...

hmmm, and if this is all true it makes me wonder...... how did jesus become the most famous person in the history of the world?
    garv wrote: »
    This guy just shut down the thread, why are people still debating on it?

Can agree with some of this I just don't get you selling your soul by signing a contract makes no sense to me, if u selling something don't you make it know or your intent to sell smdh!
  • _Ozymandias_
    _Ozymandias_ Members Posts: 490
    edited May 2010
    Chike wrote: »
    You gotta have talent too. I'm not saying these rappers and actors aren't tealented or gifted. It's the intent that is important. If you got talent and are willing to sell out, then you can get famous and rich real easily. If you aren't willing to sell out, they wont care how talented you are.

ok saying they may have to "sell out" and saying they sold their soul to a demon is too different things. i agree that if you want to reach a certain level you will prolly have to compromise some of your beliefs. whether it's entertainment, politics, or business it's hard to reach the top without stepping on and over people. but that is completely different than saying that every rich/famous person is a devil worshiper who main goal is to corrupt the masses to further some secret conspiracy of world ? .
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    ok saying they may have to "sell out" and saying they sold their soul to a demon is too different things. i agree that if you want to reach a certain level you will prolly have to compromise some of your beliefs. whether it's entertainment, politics, or business it's hard to reach the top without stepping on and over people. but that is completely different than saying that every rich/famous person is a devil worshiper who main goal is to corrupt the masses to further some secret conspiracy of world ? .

Not everyone that sells out/sells their soul is aware of the demonic rituals they are performing. One is masked, the other is obvious. There's no way someone like Jay Z is not aware of the satanic ? going on in his music and videos and concerts. His whole diamond/pyramid hand sign nonsense should automatically give it away. Ever been to his concert, he got the whole crowd throwing up them signs and perfomring rituals with him and they have no damn clue what they're doing, They think they're just having fun. Sheep.
  • _Ozymandias_
    edited May 2010
    Not everyone that sells out/sells their soul is aware of the demonic rituals they are performing. One is masked, the other is obvious. There's no way someone like Jay Z is not aware of the satanic ? going on in his music and videos and concerts. His whole diamond/pyramid hand sign nonsense should automatically give it away. Ever been to his concert, he got the whole crowd throwing up them signs and perfomring rituals with him and they have no damn clue what they're doing, They think they're just having fun. Sheep.

you believe that symbols like the "diamond sign" is evil? why? because you saw some videos on youtube that said they were.

if you want to know the truth of what these "symbols" represent read George James's "Stolen Legacy" or Anthony Browder's "Nile Valley Contributions to Civilization"

euro-centric christian beliefs have corrupted the true meaning of a lot these symbols that are now considered "evil"

they are really african symbols that are a lot older than christianity and nothing to do with devil worshiping.
  • independentsoundlab
    independentsoundlab Members Posts: 351
    edited May 2010
    how is this any different than acdc alwas talking about Hells Bells and the devil or Van Halens running with the devil? or hell lots of Rock songs talking about the devil.

Rock n Roll artists are based in the dark theme.. their inspired by satan and evil.. their lyrics are meant/based on the devil.. their in that gothic/pagan ? .. yo, country music is even worse!! but People follow this type of music to get em in the "mood".. i.e football players play metallica b4 the big game to get amped up.. All music is mind control.. period.. juss so happens, if someone commits a crime after listening to metallica.. then the devil succeeded in sending its message..

I will not mention illuminati here.. cuz then people will starting calling me a conspiracy nut!! but facts is there people...
  • independentsoundlab
    edited May 2010
    dnyce215 wrote: »
    Can agree with some of this I just don't get you selling your soul by signing a contract makes no sense to me, if u selling something don't you make it know or your intent to sell smdh!

its easy to understand.. you sell your rights to that A&R.. you must oblige the contract at all costs.. you must make them millions.. you must make your music and keep it at that level.. you must work with anybody they tell you to.. you must do my drugs, you must be my ? at all costs, i say jump- you say how high.. feel me.. their is no such thing as just leaving and say ? it..

if complications/disputes arise.. then thats when they blackball you.. and YOU will never be able to perform in any clubs or do any concerts.. YOU wont be able to perform with artists.. YOUR career will be ended.. and they will prevent you from even living life comfortably..

Something like a .. Micheal Jackson or Cuban Link.. even a Jimi Hendrix..
  • independentsoundlab
    edited May 2010
    you believe that symbols like the "diamond sign" is evil? why? because you saw some videos on youtube that said they were.

if you want to know the truth of what these "symbols" represent read George James's "Stolen Legacy" or Anthony Browder's "Nile Valley Contributions to Civilization"

euro-centric christian beliefs have corrupted the true meaning of a lot these symbols that are now considered "evil"

they are really african symbols that are a lot older than christianity and nothing to do with devil worshiping.

Symbols are just symbols.. like you said, they are used all over..
    Just some symbols got a bad reputation because of those "youtube" videos.. That diamond sign with the seeing eye through it.. is your freemason/illuminati sign.. new world order.. just knowing that.. you pretty much know what he tryna do..
    Rocafella.. name of the big boss.. David Rockefeller.. coincidence?
    Lyrics play a big part of the jumpoff as well.. Rihanna, Jay's ? , Beyonce's.. its all crazy..
    remember Amil? she explains how she almost sold her "soul" to Jay and them..
  • _Ozymandias_
    edited May 2010
    Just some symbols got a bad reputation because of those "youtube" videos.. That diamond sign with the seeing eye through it.. is your freemason/illuminati sign.. new world order.. just knowing that.. you pretty much know what he tryna do..
    Lyrics play a big part of the jumpoff as well.. Rihanna, Jay's ? , Beyonce's.. its all crazy..

again the pyramid with the eye does not represent evil. it's an ancient kemetic symbol that represents "the eye of ra" or "the eye of ? ".

my problem with this whole freemason/illuminati talk is that it has people focusing on the idea that the ultimate goal of people in power is to promote devil worship.

is there is a very small group of people that have a lot of control in world? yes, but they're not called masons, there called the elite. and it has nothing to do with demons and devils, and has everything to to do with wealth and power.

so all these people railing on the internet about secret societies are distracting the people from the fact that they should be less worried about supposed "evil" symbols and lyrics possessing their souls, and more concerned with the widening wealth gap between the haves and have-nots.
  • independentsoundlab
    edited May 2010
    again the pyramid with the eye does not represent evil. it's an ancient kemetic symbol that represents "the eye of ra" or "the eye of ? ".

my problem with this whole freemason/illuminati talk is that it has people focusing on the idea that the ultimate goal of people in power is to promote devil worship.

is there is a very small group of people that have a lot of control in world? yes, but they're not called masons, there called the elite. and it has nothing to do with demons and devils, and has everything to to do with wealth and power.

so all these people railing on the internet about secret societies are distracting the people from the fact that they should be less worried about supposed "evil" symbols and lyrics possessing their souls, and more concerned with the widening wealth gap between the haves and have-nots.

most of their symbols are borrowed from the egyptians..
    Some people say devil worship, i say worship the white man.. i dont buy the shapeforming bs and reptilian beings.. white people have been trying to conquer the world since day one.. but usually when wealth and power is involved, 9/10 evil is included.. these people cant keep the peace for ? ..

but i agree, alot of that ? on youtube is ? .. ALOT of it is exaggerated by religious folks.. chrisitians, etc.
  • Chike
    edited May 2010

It doesn't matter the origin, it matters who is using them. This entire culture has these symbols everywhere beca'use they are trying to use them to benefit their agenda. Not just entertainers use these symbols, high ranking political figures also throw up their gang signs. Even the Presidents in broad daylight and on camera like they dont give a ? who sees it. They know sheep like yourself will not only dismiss it, but jump to their defense and claim it to be harmless... And the youtube videos or whatever that show this don't just show hand signs and then throw accusations, they show historical evidence and documents and other photos/videos that connects everything they are saying. It's not just some plain accusation. I know it's the cool thing to make fun of youtube videos because anyone who hasn't seen these types of videos would have a good ignorant laugh. Well there's a reason why these types of videos get deleted and banned all the time.... if they're such a joke, why's the government so afraid of people seeing them?

These symbols effect the Psyche and subconscious mind, this is why it's so easy to brainwash people who aren't too bright just by watching tv. Oh and if you have an IQ below 120.... you aren't too bright. And that would be the majority of the western world. A 95 IQ average amongst people is just atrocious.
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    its easy to understand.. you sell your rights to that A&R.. you must oblige the contract at all costs.. you must make them millions.. you must make your music and keep it at that level.. you must work with anybody they tell you to.. you must do my drugs, you must be my ? at all costs, i say jump- you say how high.. feel me.. their is no such thing as just leaving and say ? it..

if complications/disputes arise.. then thats when they blackball you.. and YOU will never be able to perform in any clubs or do any concerts.. YOU wont be able to perform with artists.. YOUR career will be ended.. and they will prevent you from even living life comfortably..

Something like a .. Micheal Jackson or Cuban Link.. even a Jimi Hendrix..

Ok I understand,but instead of selling their giving it away for fame and riches
  • independentsoundlab
    edited May 2010
    dnyce215 wrote: »
    Ok I understand,but instead of selling their giving it away for fame and riches

basically thats what it is.. the ? people will do juss to get fame.. its not only in music.. its the movie industry.. sports.. everyone wants to live the glamour life..
    has nuttin to do wit devil worship, ? , murder, etc. but who really knows? some of them white musicians are juss crazy as ? ..

although the message behind rappers.. 9/10 they are talking bout guns and murking people.. which IS evil.. but 9/10 ever even held a gun.. so 9/10 are bustas..
  • alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010

Ummm no it's not @ bolded part.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Imo they're chasing ego dreams in exchange for awareness of the soul. Not ALL of them, but for a majority of them this seems to be what is going on.

I don't think there is some oogity boogity evil entity influencing them, idk, maybe the ego is the evil entity, it does in a sense have a psychopathic nature.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited May 2010
    Imo they're chasing ego dreams in exchange for awareness of the soul. Not ALL of them, but for a majority of them this seems to be what is going on.

I don't think there is some oogity boogity evil entity influencing them, idk, maybe the ego is the evil entity, it does in a sense have a psychopathic nature.

Exactly, in other words its all in the mind
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    It can be taken any way you want to take it, for me this "rain man" is some sort of evil thing.

"..my soul is possessed by this devil, my new name is....rain man"

I dunno, take what you want from it.
  • _Ozymandias_
    edited May 2010
    It doesn't matter the origin, it matters who is using them. This entire culture has these symbols everywhere beca'use they are trying to use them to benefit their agenda. Not just entertainers use these symbols, high ranking political figures also throw up their gang signs. Even the Presidents in broad daylight and on camera like they dont give a ? who sees it. They know sheep like yourself will not only dismiss it, but jump to their defense and claim it to be harmless... And the youtube videos or whatever that show this don't just show hand signs and then throw accusations, they show historical evidence and documents and other photos/videos that connects everything they are saying. It's not just some plain accusation. I know it's the cool thing to make fun of youtube videos because anyone who hasn't seen these types of videos would have a good ignorant laugh. Well there's a reason why these types of videos get deleted and banned all the time.... if they're such a joke, why's the government so afraid of people seeing them?

These symbols effect the Psyche and subconscious mind, this is why it's so easy to brainwash people who aren't too bright just by watching tv. Oh and if you have an IQ below 120.... you aren't too bright. And that would be the majority of the western world. A 95 IQ average amongst people is just atrocious.

really? it doesn't matter the origin? that makes no sense. so because SOME people believe that these symbols NOW represent "the devil agenda" that means its true despite their is more concrete evidence to suggest that they don't.

i've seen some of these youtube videos, btw which are all over the internet which completely contradicts your claim that the government is censoring or banning them. and most of them are just retelling of claims found in others. there is no original research be done. that's why you need to stop getting all your info from youtube and start reading highly researched and documented BOOKS.

and these symbols are brainwashing people to do what? please show substantial evidence that proves that by listening to jay-z or rihanna people are engaging in demonic activities. and i'm not talking about throwing up hand signs or singing along to their music, because if that's worse thing the "illuminati" has proven to influence people to do then your fighting a pointless cause.

if you really believe that there is a conspiracy by the entertainment business to force the masses to worship the devil than i think that you are the one who is this sheep. smh, you watch some random person's youtube clips and you automatically accept that as fact. has ever dawned on you that the makers of those youtube VIDEOS, are using IMAGES to INFLUENCE your way of THINKING. sounds like what some people would call brainwashing...
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Rainman is Ba'al-Peor. There is no singular entity known as "satan".
  • Chike
    edited June 2010
    really? it doesn't matter the origin? that makes no sense. so because SOME people believe that these symbols NOW represent "the devil agenda" that means its true despite their is more concrete evidence to suggest that they don't.

i've seen some of these youtube videos, btw which are all over the internet which completely contradicts your claim that the government is censoring or banning them. and most of them are just retelling of claims found in others. there is no original research be done. that's why you need to stop getting all your info from youtube and start reading highly researched and documented BOOKS.

and these symbols are brainwashing people to do what? please show substantial evidence that proves that by listening to jay-z or rihanna people are engaging in demonic activities. and i'm not talking about throwing up hand signs or singing along to their music, because if that's worse thing the "illuminati" has proven to influence people to do then your fighting a pointless cause.

if you really believe that there is a conspiracy by the entertainment business to force the masses to worship the devil than i think that you are the one who is this sheep. smh, you watch some random person's youtube clips and you automatically accept that as fact. has ever dawned on you that the makers of those youtube VIDEOS, are using IMAGES to INFLUENCE your way of THINKING. sounds like what some people would call brainwashing...

What you don't understand is that music influences people more than anything else in existence. It might not get you to literally worship a idolized version of the devil, but it will influence you to: Worship Money (devil), Worship drug abuse (devil), worship gang violence (devil), be patriotic to this Satanic Empire (devil), be prideful (devil), be a glutton (devil), I can go on and on and on with all the deadly sins.

Our mind does not absorb information through words, it processes information through symbols and we interpret them as words or pictures or sounds. Much like the matrix or a computer that only processes 1's and 0's but can show you a scenery landscape on your monitor.

But not only do they use symbols to ? with the weak minded, it's a way for them to identify their allegiance and communicate with each other through their work. So all these rappers and actors, music videos and movies that have all this symbolism in there, it's to let the elites know who they are working for. Just like when bloods and crips throw gang signs up on their block to identify with one another.

ANYONE that's on TV is either in on it, or used as a puppet figure head most likely because they are new in the game and haven't been initiated yet, but they can't top the charts or get 20 million dollar contracts without being so.

Now you can claim just because it's youtube it's bs and fake, and videos get deleted every day, but new ones get put back up everyday as well, this is why you can find these videos everywhere. There are metaphysical historians such as Bobby Hemmit and Phil Valentine that will tell you the same ? I'm telling you. I don't just watch a video and let them dictate to me what to think, I watch the video, and if the information they present and evidence lines up with reality, then I co-sign it because I see what they are talking about on an everyday basis as well as being able to intellectually overstand what they are saying, rather than watching Fox News, letting them tell me a ? story with no evidence or proof, just some peoples opinions and then co-signing that nonsense like a brain dead zombie. Two different stories, bro.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010

Yes, it doesn't matter. You can take ANYTHING and make ANYTHING out of it. If I was to take AHH! Logo and use it to my agenda to say, "this is an evil" symbol I bet you I can have success easily, not right now but maybe 100 years from now. It doesn't matter it's original content, because it can be used for ANYTHING. No matter what.

It's not about pointless hand gestures, or images, it's about recognizing what it is. It isn't brainwashing them like "zombies" or anything. If Obama was to throw up the diamond that Jay-Z does, you would laugh and say, "oh cool, he's doing that Jay-Z thing". In the end, it's all about recognizing and when you see something you've been familiar with for a long long time, you're more prone to accept it.

Do you not realize that the "entertainment industry" is the best way to get ACROSS to anyone? Hand gestures, dances, words all have meaning. I think the best example is Michael Jackson. His music had meaning behind it after his Bad album, there were things he was saying to either warn or tell us about the shadyness of the music business. Now, I'm not saying, "Illuminati" or "Free Masons" but there is obviously something going on in the control of these movies, commercials, music videos and songs we see and hear. Do you not realize the extreme they use this, "all seeing eye pyramid" to? It's everywhere, from kid's movies/cartoons to movies a grown adult would watch. It's in music videos, album covers, movie covers, commercials etc. Why though? If there is NO point, no type of reasoning for this, why use it? It has to have an agenda, for whatever reason and for however, it's gonna come into play one way or another.

Most of the stuff is reaching, but with basic thought/logic you can weed out the bs from the truth and see what's up.
  • _Ozymandias_
    edited June 2010
    What you don't understand is that music influences people more than anything else in existence. It might not get you to literally worship a idolized version of the devil, but it will influence you to: Worship Money (devil), Worship drug abuse (devil), worship gang violence (devil), be patriotic to this Satanic Empire (devil), be prideful (devil), be a glutton (devil), I can go on and on and on with all the deadly sins.

Our mind does not absorb information through words, it processes information through symbols and we interpret them as words or pictures or sounds. Much like the matrix or a computer that only processes 1's and 0's but can show you a scenery landscape on your monitor.

But not only do they use symbols to ? with the weak minded, it's a way for them to identify their allegiance and communicate with each other through their work. So all these rappers and actors, music videos and movies that have all this symbolism in there, it's to let the elites know who they are working for. Just like when bloods and crips throw gang signs up on their block to identify with one another.

ANYONE that's on TV is either in on it, or used as a puppet figure head most likely because they are new in the game and haven't been initiated yet, but they can't top the charts or get 20 million dollar contracts without being so.

Now you can claim just because it's youtube it's bs and fake, and videos get deleted every day, but new ones get put back up everyday as well, this is why you can find these videos everywhere. There are metaphysical historians such as Bobby Hemmit and Phil Valentine that will tell you the same ? I'm telling you. I don't just watch a video and let them dictate to me what to think, I watch the video, and if the information they present and evidence lines up with reality, then I co-sign it because I see what they are talking about on an everyday basis as well as being able to intellectually overstand what they are saying, rather than watching Fox News, letting them tell me a ? story with no evidence or proof, just some peoples opinions and then co-signing that nonsense like a brain dead zombie. Two different stories, bro.

yes, i think it's obvious that music can influence the way people think. the same way tv can. or books can. idk if you're saying the brain doesn't process the written word the same why as symbols. cause if you are that makes no sense to me. words are made of letters. letters are symbols. and i disagree with you about music having the greatest influence. i think the written word is the most powerful form of communication. because it's processed by the brain both consciously and subconsciously. which is why historians credit the start of human civilization to the creation of a written language. which is also why slave owners didn't want their slaves to be able to read & write.

and yes i completely agree that the media promotes the most negative aspects of our society. but it's not because some secret society is promoting it to get people to be "worship evil". it's because they want to make money. this society was founded on violence and obsession with wealth. it's been a part of the western world since the beginning. so those are things that most people in this society are constantly craving. so when it comes to entertainment, that's what sells. so that's what's made. it has nothing to with promoting evil. the people at the top could care less about the corruption of people's soul. they only care about profit.

like i said in a previous post, all this focus on secret societies' mission of promoting a "devil agenda" in entertainment is just another distraction away from the fact that top 1% of the world's wealthiest people continue to get wealthier while the rest of 99% continues to struggle. that widening wealth gap should be the "conspiracy" that people should be afraid of. so if you really believe that a very small group of people maintain a secret conspiracy to control everything in the world, why isn't possible that the information your promoting is an intentional distraction purposely promoted as part of that conspiracy as well?

and you said you cosign the videos that "line-up with reality." to me that translates to mean you watch the ones that reinforce your already held belief about the subject. and i'm sorry but that sounds just like fox news. the only people who watch fox news religiously are the one who already agree with the opinions on that channel. like i've said, check out some of anthony browder's books so you can get a different prospective about what those symbols really mean. or read zbigniew brzenzinksi's "the grand chess board" if you really want to understand what the elite are really seeking in this world.

a truly free mind is an open mind. an open mind always continues to seek the truth from many sources.
  • _Ozymandias_
    edited June 2010
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Yes, it doesn't matter. You can take ANYTHING and make ANYTHING out of it. If I was to take AHH! Logo and use it to my agenda to say, "this is an evil" symbol I bet you I can have success easily, not right now but maybe 100 years from now. It doesn't matter it's original content, because it can be used for ANYTHING. No matter what.

It's not about pointless hand gestures, or images, it's about recognizing what it is. It isn't brainwashing them like "zombies" or anything. If Obama was to throw up the diamond that Jay-Z does, you would laugh and say, "oh cool, he's doing that Jay-Z thing". In the end, it's all about recognizing and when you see something you've been familiar with for a long long time, you're more prone to accept it.

Do you not realize that the "entertainment industry" is the best way to get ACROSS to anyone? Hand gestures, dances, words all have meaning. I think the best example is Michael Jackson. His music had meaning behind it after his Bad album, there were things he was saying to either warn or tell us about the shadyness of the music business. Now, I'm not saying, "Illuminati" or "Free Masons" but there is obviously something going on in the control of these movies, commercials, music videos and songs we see and hear. Do you not realize the extreme they use this, "all seeing eye pyramid" to? It's everywhere, from kid's movies/cartoons to movies a grown adult would watch. It's in music videos, album covers, movie covers, commercials etc. Why though? If there is NO point, no type of reasoning for this, why use it? It has to have an agenda, for whatever reason and for however, it's gonna come into play one way or another.

Most of the stuff is reaching, but with basic thought/logic you can weed out the bs from the truth and see what's up.

the original meaning does matter. if you take the time to find out the original meanings, you won't be influenced by any revisionists corrupting of those symbols. you look at a pyramid with eye and see something evil and so you mind will then think about evil. because i know it's original meaning i look at a pyramid with eye and see the eye of ? and so my mind then thinks about ? . if you really wanted to shield people from "evil" influences then you would promote information that explains their true meanings, and not information that further promotes the corrupted ones.

and yes there is something going on in the entertainment business. they make profit by selling products that appeal to the most negative aspects of our psyche. that's a legitimate concern. not conspiracy theories about world ? and devil worship.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    You dudes are basically saying the same thing but you arguing semantics.Its like the 3 blind men trying to describe an elephant. Classic microcosm of Race and Religion in the world. Ahhh, the irony.
  • Chike
    edited June 2010
    the original meaning does matter. if you take the time to find out the original meanings, you won't be influenced by any revisionists corrupting of those symbols. you look at a pyramid with eye and see something evil and so you mind will then think about evil. because i know it's original meaning i look at a pyramid with eye and see the eye of ? and so my mind then thinks about ? . if you really wanted to shield people from "evil" influences then you would promote information that explains their true meanings, and not information that further promotes the corrupted ones.

and yes there is something going on in the entertainment business. they make profit by selling products that appeal to the most negative aspects of our psyche. that's a legitimate concern. not conspiracy theories about world ? and devil worship.

That's the point. No 'sheeple' type common person is going to know where these symbols came from.

Also, I am going to have to disagree with you about the music vs written word and which one is more influential. I'll make another thread for that discussion.