So Katharine Hepburn has four Oscars, which is a record...

Options
Punisher__
Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
edited June 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Do we think anybody will ever match this total, let alone surpass it?

Or will this be Kate's record for as long as the Oscars continue, further complementing her greatness?

Comments

• dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Daniel Day Lewis or Meryl Streep I'd guess.
  • d-weezy
    d-weezy Members Posts: 82
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Sean Penn might do it if he continues to play ? men and retards in movies. The academy loves those roles.
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Meryl Streep should have 4 Oscars already, so I don't think anyone will reach Hepburn's status.
  • drbeef
    drbeef Members Posts: 213
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I taught Tom hanks was gonna do it but lately the scripts his been taking has been meeeeh.
  • the1nonlyruru
    the1nonlyruru Members Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    drbeef wrote: »
    I taught Tom hanks was gonna do it but lately the scripts his been taking has been meeeeh.

c/s but to me tom hanks is GOAT
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    c/s but to me tom hanks is Overrated

Fixed

Deniro Pacino And Streep Should Have Atleast That Many Nicholson (Chinatown, One Flew Over, 5 Easy Pieces, Hell Even The Departed) Should Be In This Conversation Too

• not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Jack Nicholson has three, so he may still have a chance to at least tie Hepburn's record. I don't know if anyone will actually beat it.
  • king-illstreet
    king-illstreet Members Posts: 67
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Daniel Day Lewis or Meryl Streep I'd guess.

^^^There it is...

Techinically, Day-Lewis should have 3 right now if the Academy didn't rob him in 2004 by giving it to Adrian Brody instead because Bill The Butcher was too much of a bad guy as a character.
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    There is still time for Streep. Hepburn got three, out of her four best actress oscars, after the age of 60. Or some reason, though, I don't think she'll ever match Hepburn's record. Streep is already a 2x oscar winner. And winning those two so early in her career jinxed her, I think.
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    There is still time for Streep. Hepburn got three, out of her four best actress oscars, after the age of 60. Or some reason, though, I don't think she'll ever match Hepburn's record. Streep is already a 2x oscar winner. And winning those two so early in her career jinxed her, I think.

I'd agree with that. She's been nominated so often, I honestly thought she had more than two.

Let's not forget Denzel Washington has two, so he should be in this conversation.