If Hinduism is oficially the oldest practiced religion today then

8 Mile
8 Mile Banned Users Posts: 335
edited June 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Why are you not a Hindu?

Comments

• independentsoundlab
    independentsoundlab Members Posts: 351
    edited May 2010
    cuz christianity had a better campaign going on at the time..
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Because older doesn't mean better.

Besides it is not the oldest religion.

The oldest religion is the nature of man.
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    because they are all BS to me.
  • 8 Mile
    8 Mile Banned Users Posts: 335
    edited May 2010
    And Step wrote: »
    Because older doesn't mean better.

Besides it is not the oldest religion.

The oldest religion is the nature of man.

Hinduism is the oldest practiced religion today this is historical fact

People have complained other religions have been used to enslave people yet Hinduism has never did this

Hinduism is also the only religion outta the other major religions like CHristianity & Judasism where ? is actually black, Krishna literally means black

Hinduism is the most similar religion to the ancient African spirituality more similar then the other major religions practiced today
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited May 2010
    I know alot of people who practice Islam who say they dont follow Hinduism because it talks to much of flying spaceships and things like it and that to them makes it seem like a story.

Personally I dont follow Hinduism or any other religion because its all ? . If I felt like worshipping something with talking bushes, talkin reptiles, spaceships, dead people coming back to life, guys with magical power, etc... I would just watch a show on Nickelodean. Much more exciting and alot less time consuming.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    I know alot of people who practice Islam who say they dont follow Hinduism because it talks to much of flying spaceships and things like it and that to them makes it seem like a story.

Personally I dont follow Hinduism or any other religion because its all ? . If I felt like worshipping something with talking bushes, talkin reptiles, spaceships, dead people coming back to life, guys with magical power, etc... I would just watch a show on Nickelodean. Much more exciting and alot less time consuming.

I'm guessing you never heard of the caste system with Hinduism............
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited May 2010
    I'm guessing you never heard of the caste system with Hinduism............

I have a general concenses of what it is but whats that got to do with what I said, im missin the point so explain it to me.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    ThaChozenWun, disregard that I meant to quote the t/s post. To the t/s Im guessing you never heard of the caste system.
  • And Step
    edited May 2010
    8 Mile wrote: »
    Hinduism is the oldest practiced religion today this is historical fact

People have complained other religions have been used to enslave people yet Hinduism has never did this

Hinduism is also the only religion outta the other major religions like CHristianity & Judasism where ? is actually black, Krishna literally means black

Hinduism is the most similar religion to the ancient African spirituality more similar then the other major religions practiced today

Hindus practice caste system based on race and other things that have nothing to do with merit. Besides I don't give a ? if it is the oldest practiced religion. Is it good for me. I would be a worker or the untouchable class, Based on my skin color. That is why you ? 's come to the hood and treat black people like ? because it is ingrained in you.

Hindus ? and ? Muslims in India on the regular.

Even that fake ass ? Ghandi was a racist.

Sorry honey, I'll pass.
  • And Step
    edited May 2010
    Laughing at this chick trying to invite me to a religion that has a built in inferior clause.

At least try to fool me
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    I'm in the process of reading volumes 1 & 2 of Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, then onto the Bhagavad-gita, then the Krsna-kathas.
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited May 2010
    Al-Qur'an > Bhagavad-gita but to teach his(or her) own
  • ShadyTeam
    ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Caste system has nothing to do with race what so ever, you guys can't speak on something you know nothing about, it is strictly social status nothing to do with skin colour at all and Hindu scriptures do not even mention the caste system

But it's a fact Hindus have never enslaved anyone or tried to conquer other nations

Krishna is still the only ? outta the major religions practiced today that is credited as being black

The Vedas are the oldest scriptures

No one has been forced to convert to Hinduism

It's quit shocking that certain people can disrespect a religion that is so clean cut
  • ShadyTeam
    ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I'm in the process of reading volumes 1 & 2 of Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, then onto the Bhagavad-gita, then the Krsna-kathas.

I think that's great, i would advise others to atleast read the Bhagavad Gits it really is amazing you don't have to take my word for it just look into it and find out for your self
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited June 2010
    lol...this type of logic makes no sense. Although Hindu stories are interesting, I will admit.
  • And Step
    edited June 2010
    ShadyTeam wrote: »
    Caste system has nothing to do with race what so ever, you guys can't speak on something you know nothing about, it is strictly social status nothing to do with skin colour at all and Hindu scriptures do not even mention the caste system

But it's a fact Hindus have never enslaved anyone or tried to conquer other nations

Krishna is still the only ? outta the major religions practiced today that is credited as being black

The Vedas are the oldest scriptures

No one has been forced to convert to Hinduism

It's quit shocking that certain people can disrespect a religion that is so clean cut

The Hindu scriptures may not teach a caste system, but the Hindu people sure practice it. Any religion that operates on a social caste system and not a meritocracy is unfuckwittable in my book.

And yes Hindu Majorities in India ? , pillage, and murder Muslim communities on the regular and have been doin so for over a thousand years. And we don't give a ? , if the Veda is the oldest scriptures, older does not mean better. Besides, it is not. The Egyptian Heiroglphics predate Vedas by a couple thousand years.

If you want to big up your faith start with the principles contained therein. Sweeping, outlandish statements and generalities are not the way to go.
  • And Step
    edited June 2010
    oliverlang wrote: »
    lol...this type of logic makes no sense. .

Word. She must have graduated from the Olang school of philosophical debate.

I mean it does exist, but yet it doesn't...............you see it's an illusion but it is real..........

LOL just kidding O..................
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    hinduism seems cool to me id like to know morebout it but religious scriptures are kinda hard to read for me
    i tried to read the quran but stopped halfway, then i tried to read the kabbalah but havent finished either and i wouldnt know where to start in hinduism
  • oliverlang
    edited June 2010
    Word. She must have graduated from the Olang school of philosophical debate.

I mean it does exist, but yet it doesn't...............you see it's an illusion but it is real..........

LOL just kidding O..................

lmao.......
  • And Step
    edited June 2010
    TimroD wrote: »
    hinduism seems cool to me id like to know morebout it but religious scriptures are kinda hard to read for me
    i tried to read the quran but stopped halfway, then i tried to read the kabbalah but havent finished either and i wouldnt know where to start in hinduism

Start with the tandoori chicken it is delicious.
  • oliverlang
    edited June 2010

Vindaloo >>>>> Tandoori Chicken
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited June 2010

haa been there done that, i kno all bout korma, vindaloo, naan etc. indian food is cool mayne
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I believe you (or I for that matter) don't have the right to say what is "better". It Hinduism is true, then it's not just going to be because of some historical advantage.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Because Hinduism has not solved the problems of the world.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    i know alot of people who practice islam who say they dont follow hinduism because it talks to much of flying spaceships and things like it and that to them makes it seem like a story.

Personally i dont follow hinduism or any other religion because its all ? . If i felt like worshipping something with talking bushes, talkin reptiles, spaceships, dead people coming back to life, guys with magical power, etc... I would just watch a show on nickelodean. Much more exciting and alot less time consuming.

that makes it sound more real than the other ?