Movie scenes that move or impress you

Options
Huruma
Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
In Roots : The Next Generations, when Alex Haley visits the Gambia and meets his distant cousin and it flashes back to Kunta Kinte and each of his descendants

In Roots, the original mini-series, when Fiddler comforts Kunta after being whipped and told his name is 'Toby'.

In Titanic, when Rose tells Jack she changed her mind and meets him at the front of the ship when the sun is setting, also when she realizes he's dead and blows the whistle for help (Titanic in general was fantastic, White people drowning left and right)

In Terminator 2 when the Terminator sacrifices himself to make sure no one ever finds the tech. that could create Skynet

In Glory when Denzel Washington's character is whipped and tries to remain stoic but a tear drops

In Mo' Betta Blues when Denzel Washington's character tries to play the saxophone but his mouth is busted and he fails, Wesley Snipe's character takes over and he tries to walk out of there with some dignity

In Goodfellas when the bus boy is killed and Henry holds him in his arms (messed up scene)

In Rebound when the guard tells Earl Manigault that he was one of the best basketball players who ever lived, one of the greats who never made it and when Earl is in the car with Le grant and 'Tracks of my tear' starts playing (because of the song) and he throws up at the side of the road because he tried heroin for the first time

In Dead Presidents when they're riding in the car and 'The Look of Love' is playing in the background.

In Hotel Rwanda when all the Europeans and the peacekeepers leave them behind to be slaughtered by Hutu extremists, it starts to rain and 'A Million Voices' starts playing

In Lumumba when Lumumba gives his independence day speech

In Rosewood when Ving Rhame's character tell his horse to run and let him dangle from the rope because he doesn't want him to be shot

That Kevin Costner movie about Native Americans (forgot the name) when he's captured by the other White men after living with the Native Americans so long and cries out when they shoot at the wolf he 'befriended' (I can barely remember this but I remember liking it)

In Nightmare on Elm Street 2 when the main character is dancing to 'All Night Long' on his bed (only because of the song)

When Antwone Fisher recites 'Who will cry for the little boy' to Denzel Washington's character

The opening of Malcolm X

etc.

Comments

• Truerap
    Truerap Members Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • p-tavern
    p-tavern Members Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    In Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2, when the Asian baby sacrifices himself so that the technology to create Asians doesn't exist.
  • p-tavern
    p-tavern Members Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »
    That Kevin Costner movie about Native Americans (forgot the name) when he's captured by the other White men after living with the Native Americans so long and cries out when they shoot at the wolf he 'befriended' (I can barely remember this but I remember liking it)

• mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The part on "Troy" were Hector and Achilles fought it out skill for skill and the best man won.

Wasn't no shooting, catching a ? slippin, none of that. Just sword vs. sword. I some what miss these old days where honor was a code of life and death.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    p-tavern wrote: »

LOL HIlarious... and so true

anyway the movie he is talking about is Dances With Wolves.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    in changeling when angelina jolie's character meets the dude that killed her child before he gets executed in prison. that was some of the best acting i've ever seen. ? got to me and i don't even have kids.
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    sidenote: how come Tom Hanks fell off?

? was untouchable in the mid to late 90s.

now, not so much.
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    when ricky ? shot in boyz in the hood i died laughin

thats my favorite part

rickyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

lol
  • Esiam
    Esiam Banned Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »
    In Roots : The Next Generations, when Alex Haley visits the Gambia and meets his distant cousin and it flashes back to Kunta Kinte and each of his descendants

In Roots, the original mini-series, when Fiddler comforts Kunta after being whipped and told his name is 'Toby'.

In Titanic, when Rose tells Jack she changed her mind and meets him at the front of the ship when the sun is setting, also when she realizes he's dead and blows the whistle for help (Titanic in general was fantastic, White people drowning left and right)

In Terminator 2 when the Terminator sacrifices himself to make sure no one ever finds the tech. that could create Skynet

In Glory when Denzel Washington's character is whipped and tries to remain stoic but a tear drops

In Mo' Betta Blues when Denzel Washington's character tries to play the saxophone but his mouth is busted and he fails, Wesley Snipe's character takes over and he tries to walk out of there with some dignity

In Goodfellas when the bus boy is killed and Henry holds him in his arms (messed up scene)

In Rebound when the guard tells Earl Manigault that he was one of the best basketball players who ever lived, one of the greats who never made it and when Earl is in the car with Le grant and 'Tracks of my tear' starts playing (because of the song) and he throws up at the side of the road because he tried heroin for the first time

In Dead Presidents when they're riding in the car and 'The Look of Love' is playing in the background.

In Hotel Rwanda when all the Europeans and the peacekeepers leave them behind to be slaughtered by Hutu extremists, it starts to rain and 'A Million Voices' starts playing

In Lumumba when Lumumba gives his independence day speech

In Rosewood when Ving Rhame's character tell his horse to run and let him dangle from the rope because he doesn't want him to be shot

In Nightmare on Elm Street 2 when the main character is dancing to 'All Night Long' on his bed (only because of the song)

When Antwone Fisher recites 'Who will cry for the little boy' to Denzel Washington's character

The opening of Malcolm X

etc.

Ah man, that Antwone Fisher scene is a tearjerker for sure...

The beggining to THE LOOKOUT where they drive around in the car and turn the lights off to see those lightning-bugs is magic

The beginning and ending to GONE BABY GONE with the scenery of the Boston-streets and monologue from Casey Affleck is downright poetry and beautiful

Crash, the whole damn movie but Ludacris coming of age story in particular, and making a white corrupt racist cop a likeable character (Matt Dillon)

Hustle & Flow, I'm just impressed how they managed to make a ? like that into a likeable character, the church-scene stands out

Get Rich Or Die Tryin, after 50 Cent been shot and becomes all emo dude actually impressed me in his acting there

Running Scared, literally EVERYTHING that movie is amazing, Paul Walker impressed me with his acting...

Just some that came to mind...
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The entire movie SLEEPERS
    them lil boys went thru hell

them sicc azz guards killed that blacc kid Rizzo (beat him to death) becuz he beat the guards in a football game

the part where the guards take the boys to the boiler room and Kevin Bacon's character tells them to "Get down on your knees and open ya mouth"

the part where they jam the night sticc up "Shakes" ass and tells him to "Show us how you pray"

and the part where "Shakes" told the Priest (Robert Deniro) about the abuse, rapes and molestation they endured at the detention center (the look on Deniro's face was so sad)

I hate that damn movie (its a great movie I jus hate anything that has to do wit hurtin children)

this is my favorite scene, when the two boys out the group who grew up to be ruthless killers finally meet up wit the guard who abused them so many years ago
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Man i been meaning to watch that sleepers movie for a bit but i keep forgetting.

Silent Bobs Speech in Chasing Amy
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Man i been meaning to watch that sleepers movie for a bit but i keep forgetting.

Silent Bobs Speech in Chasing Amy

its a great movie... but that ? will make you cringe when you see all the ? they did to them kids
  • MarcAntoine
    MarcAntoine Members Posts: 151
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Malcolm X-When Malcolm meets Elijah for the first time

Last Temptation Of Christ-When Jesus cries out to ? to let him go back to the cross

Boyz in the Hood-Ricky gettin blasted

Glory- Denzel confronts Morgan Freeman

Shawshank redemption- famous scene when he finally escapes