The Flood/Noah/The Arc

VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
While posting a chapter from Enoch in the AAT thread, I came across this verse..

4Then explain to him the consummation which is about to take place; for all the earth shall perish; the waters of a deluge shall come over the whole earth, and all things which are in it shall be destroyed.

5And now teach him how he may escape, and how his seed may remain in all the earth.

This backs up the story of the flood and the arc & flood.

"explain to him the consummation which is about to take place.."

Warning that the flood is coming, telling Noah that this is happening.

"teach him how he may escape, and how his seed may remain in all the earth"

Teaching him to escape is teaching Noah the building of the Arc.

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited May 2010
    There are also Egyptian texts, South American texts, Asian texts, etc... That also have similar stories that can be in support of it.
  • independentsoundlab
    independentsoundlab Members Posts: 351
    edited May 2010
    its juss a myth..
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    There are also Egyptian texts, South American texts, Asian texts, etc... That also have similar stories that can be in support of it.

Yes, but plenty say that it's not biblical because it's in those other texts. So I was just saying this backs it up furthermore and not only that but explains in a bit more depth as to why it led up to it rather than, "mankind was wicked in their ways"...
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited May 2010
    I dont take the bible as the word of ? anymore, I look at it more as mainly a historical book, along with those other ones. Divine or not its in multiple texts, its not always gods work but its still there so it had to have happened some how some way just through different opinions on how and why.
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited May 2010
    There was never a world wide flood and there are so many things about the story of Noah and the Arc that are outrageous, hilarious, and impossible all at the same time.

If you lived in New Orleans and witnessed Katrina at a time when there was no internet, no TV, no radio, limited knowledge of other lands and cultures that also existed; you would have also thought the WORLD was flooding, because that was the WORLD to you. Every culture has a story about a flood because FLOODS happen, just as earthquakes, it's a natural occurrence. When people have limited knowledge of how the earth works and of "mother nature" of course in search of answers they will create a story of a ? to explain it.