WHY Do Black Men from the North look better then those from the south ??

Options

Comments

• KinkyCurls
    KinkyCurls Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I agree with u t/s, Im from NY and have fam in SC and ATL so I know what u mean. It's true, I think it just a different state of mind, ppl from the south are still stuck in the past, tend not to be well educated and somewhat ignorant. The women dress tacky and the men are bummy.

I agree that the black men up North in NYC look better than all other black men in this country. The men in NYC in general look better than the men anywhere in this country. The black women up here look better than the ones in the south too. even the fat ones. Im guessing because black people over here make more money.
  • Mindstarter
    Mindstarter Members Posts: 492
    edited November 2011
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    The reason why people from the south look bummy in comparison to people from the northeast is because the east is a fashion mecca has been for a long time , in particularly ny. so people from ny and all it's surrounding states get fresh.

It's not just about fashion, (I could care less about fashion). It's mainly about hygiene, shaving, not having clumps of white deodorant under your arms pits (this applies to both men & women lol), brushing your teeth (esp, if your still rocking gold teeth from the 80's)...you know simple ? like that.
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I thought the gaylias era ended? I guess some things never change....lol
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Far as that whole fashion ? ...Anybody from NY, LA, Chicago, DC, or Miami who doesn't get fresh is a ? lame, cause those cities have instant access to damn near any clothing line, so that point is moot...Far as that whole "swag" ? ...Northern ? only fool dumb hoes when they come round wit all that "Ayo shorty, lemme rap wit you real quick"...Far as that uneducated ? ...1800 on my SAT's...

*Southern ? who ? ? from NY, NJ, & PA, post*
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Miles HIGH wrote: »
    Far as that whole fashion ? ...Anybody from NY, LA, Chicago, DC, or Miami who doesn't get fresh is a ? lame, cause those cities have instant access to damn near any clothing line, so that point is moot...Far as that whole "swag" ? ...Northern ? only fool dumb hoes when they come round wit all that "Ayo shorty, lemme rap wit you real quick"...Far as that uneducated ? ...1800 on my SAT's...

*Southern ? who ? ? from NY, NJ, & PA, post*
    some people dont have the money for that or just dont care that much about fashion
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The South has their share of uglies just like the North.
  • diverse1
    diverse1 Members Posts: 33
    edited November 2011
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    The reason why people from the south look bummy in comparison to people from the northeast is because the east is a fashion mecca has been for a long time , in particularly ny. so people from ny and all it's surrounding states get fresh.

NOPE ! it's not about the latest brand names or any of that..a lot of these guys could look better they "choose" to look like soulja boy,slim thug, and lil wayne these southern girls are use to this ? so they think it's fine these guys look all sloppy and thats also why some of them can't even get no job not to mention they are cheap as hell. And forget about the 'swag" part, that's not something that a guy has to have but that just one of any things up north guys do have, sure many guys can spit game but up north guys actually will court you these guys down here won't even ask you to lunch and they approach fat pimple face white girls faster then attractive bw, a lot of these guys here got white women who take care of them and black women that take care of them too.

The women here are some big as haters too. And to that other guy who said what about black guys from the north that live in the south, well I'm not talking about you. Most of the good looking men I have met here weren't from here they were from the north, go figure.
  • diverse1
    edited November 2011
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    The South has their share of uglies just like the North.

That's true but theres a high amount of physicaly attractive guys from the north ..the southern guys tha do look good are either taken, a ? , with a white girl,lazy, or looks ? bumy and hides how attractive he really is... a lot of women here share their decent men which doesn't seem to be many...This state has some of the most un-feminine women ever and trust me a lot of these girls got money to look way ? better I just shake my head.
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    some people dont have the money for that or just dont care that much about fashion

True...Same goes for people outside of those areas who follow trends...I shoulda said anybody from those cities who actually cares about the newest fashion and doesn't take advantage of the fact that all the best stores are right there for them is a lame...
  • diverse1
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I agree with u t/s, Im from NY and have fam in SC and ATL so I know what u mean. It's true, I think it just a different state of mind, ppl from the south are still stuck in the past, tend not to be well educated and somewhat ignorant. The women dress tacky and the men are bummy.

yeah I agree, some of them are ignorant as ? I never heard nothing about no good hair until I got here, in NYC there's so much diversity that nobody cares about that ? Having so called good hair isn't ? to us, I didn't even know what the ? they were talking about at first and these southern guys in this state some of them are color struck I mean the girl don't even have to look cute but you know how that goes, one of the reasons they like me is because I don't look completly black to them...and not all are like that ..but they got enough of them running around in NYC I can get a man within 10 minutes ..I fix myself up so yeah I get looks from them here but some don't have the confidence to approach me vs. up north men.
  • diverse1
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »
    Bold- outside of maybe NYC, I find this hard to believe. Why would Caribbean men be better looking than ethnic Black American men?

Don't most Black Americans (not including immigrants and their children/grandchildren) in the North/Mid-West/West have southern roots (going back 3 or 4 generations)?

beleive me sometimes you can tell..the features can be different if that weren't true a lot wouuldn't be asked "what are you"...its true many black people can look a like and its true that many do not. Caribbeans tend to have different ethncitys in them vs. straight up AA.
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    diverse1 wrote: »
    beleive me sometimes you can tell..the features can be different if that weren't true a lot wouuldn't be asked "what are you"...

I can't see the difference. Maybe they're asking out of curiosity, especially in a place like NYC where people have different backgrounds.
    Caribbeans tend to have different ethncitys in them vs. straight up AA.

From what I've read, the average Black American can trace around 16-17% of their DNA to European ancestors (only around .5% of all Black Americans have any Native ancestry) and the average Black Caribbean person can trace around 10% of their DNA to Europe. I don't know how many Black Caribbean people have Indian, Chinese, Arab etc. ancestry.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well the opposite can be said about black women from the north. black women from the south cook better, have better bodies and are more curvaceous, posses more pleasing accents to the ear, are more family oriented, and are more fit to raise your child. black women from the north on the other hand have deep voices, stab wounds, razor blades tucked behind their tongues, ? hair, and are only good for using their hands to pick up the phone to order chinese, or brooklyn pizza. and the fact that the t/s doesnt have a pic in her avi strongly supports this. there is a reason why the same men the t/s praises are moving to the south by the shipload
  • diverse1
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Well the opposite can be said about black women from the north. black women from the south cook better, have better bodies and are more curvaceous, posses more pleasing accents to the ear, are more family oriented, and are more fit to raise your child. black women from the north on the other hand have deep voices, stab wounds, razor blades tucked behind their tongues, ? hair, and are only good for using their hands to pick up the phone to order chinese, or brooklyn pizza. and the fact that the t/s doesnt have a pic in her avi strongly supports this. there is a reason why the same men the t/s praises are moving to the south by the shipload

lol ok a lot do cook, I will give them that but as far as them being all curvaceous I find that not true many women in the north have better bodys but then again I guess it depends on what part of the south you go to becuase I went to a certain part of SC and over half of the women look like they weighed at least 350lbs and up, wore not a lick of make up, tacky hairstyles. Family oriented? most got babys early and are not married. Please man, ever been to Queens NY? Black up north people are moving to the south because the cost of living is cheaper and southern girls love up north guys so the guys have even more options..many southern people hate and love us at the same time.
  • coco_butterfly08
    coco_butterfly08 Members Posts: 170
    edited November 2011
    Options
    all I can do is smh at this dumb statement she made...
  • diverse1
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I can't see the difference. Maybe they're asking out of curiosity, especially in a place like NYC where people have different backgrounds.

From what I've read, the average Black American can trace around 16-17% of their DNA to European ancestors (only around .5% of all Black Americans have any Native ancestry) and the average Black Caribbean person can trace around 10% of their DNA to Europe. I don't know how many Black Caribbean people have Indian, Chinese, Arab etc. ancestry.

thats also another myth places in the deep south have some of the darkest blk people that look very close to the original ancestors..those test wasn't done on all AA people and there are also a number that are mixed like you said and a number that are even more mixed but the Caribbean is known to have some exotic looking blk people. Each islaind is different and theres a high amount of English,Dutch,Irish,Indo Asian,Chinese,and Indian mixes going on in the blood.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    2edz0v5.jpg.gif

this ? cant be serious
  • diverse1
    edited November 2011
    Options
    all I can do is smh at this dumb statement she made...

I DIDN'T SAY it was the whole south just were I reside, ? is the truth...the guys are not on the level up northern men nor a lot of the women who refuse to look lady like looking tacky and ? ...the men act like they are either scared of women or too good for women and are dating unattractive white girls in the loads I mean these guys are just horrible
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

i know a lot of Afro-Caribbean people with some Chinese, Indian etc. blood (including myself), plus some have Spanish in them as well
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lol i can see y ? iz mad, but shawty described me perfectly...sucks to be yall i guess lmao.
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    thats also another myth places in the deep south have some of the darkest blk people that look very close to the original ancestors..those test werent done on all AA people and there are also a number that are mixed like you said and a number that are even more recently mixed but the Caribbean is known to have some exotic looking blk people. Each islaind is different and theres a high amount of English,Dutch,Irish,Indo Asian,Chinese,and Indian mixes going on in the blood.

I think it's true on average, for the Gullah people on the islands of South Carolina and Georgia it's as low as 3-4 %, for Blacks in New Orleans it's as high as 22%. I'd bet that the 'average' Black American has more White ancestry than the 'average' Black Caribbean person since slaves on Caribbean islands far outnumbered slave owners. Jamaica (including the almost 20% who are mixed with White or East Indian), Grenada, Barbados etc. are all around 90% Black.

The darkest Black people can have a high amount of European ancestry and many pure Africans are light skinned (not 'high yellow' but medium brown).
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think it's true on average, for the Gullah people on the islands of South Carolina and Georgia it's as low as 3-4 %, for Blacks in New Orleans it's as high as 22%. I'd bet that the 'average' Black American has more White ancestry than the 'average' Black Caribbean person since slaves on Caribbean islands far outnumbered slave owners. Jamaica (including the almost 20% who are mixed with White or East Indian), Grenada, Barbados etc. are all around 90% Black.

The darkest Black people can have a high amount of European ancestry and many pure Africans are light skinned (not 'high yellow' but medium brown).

a lot of truth in this
  • KinkyCurls
    edited November 2011
    Options
    yeah I agree, some of them are ignorant as ? I never heard nothing about no good hair until I got here, in NYC there's so much diversity that nobody cares about that ? Having so called good hair isn't ? to us, I didn't even know what the ? they were talking about at first and these southern guys in this state some of them are color struck I mean the girl don't even have to look cute but you know how that goes, one of the reasons they like me is because I don't look completly black to them...and not all are like that ..but they got enough of them running around in NYC I can get a man within 10 minutes ..I fix myself up so yeah I get looks from them here but some don't have the confidence to approach me vs. up north men.

colorism is not serious up north. In the north plenty of drop dead gorgeous people who are dark skin with natural kinky hair. If these people moved to the south the southern slow heads would be asking "ar'e uaah mixed. black people with dark skin or kinky hair cant be pretty, or dress nice. Yuah haf to be mixed wit somethin'"
  • KinkyCurls
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »

Black women from the south are FATT black women up north are more in shape, wear there hair natural!! weave is in too much abundance in the south. that alone defeats your argument.
    In the south black women have to be light skin to be remotely pretty. and there still UGLIER than the brown black women up north.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    this thread is a haven for dumb bishes
This discussion has been closed.