DC Universe Online

Options
Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in IllGaming
Any of yall play this? how is it? and do you use PS3 or PC? i was thinking about getting it for ps3 but i wanna know peoples opinion before i do.

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    isnt it free now?
  • Lou Cypher
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Thats the word on the street. will still have stuff to pay for with real money but i think you can get them later on in the game if you level up and find it.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    tried to install on mt pc but having problems with the installer...

went to download it on my ps3, originally said it needed 18GB free space, i free up 19GB and when i went to install it it asked me to free up 2GB more. said ? it.

the free version limits you with character and inventory slots. better off just paying the 15 bucks for the dlc to upgrade to a premium account. also no trophys on free to play.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Is it just a one time 15 dollar payment for the premium or is it monthly?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    For the last time, if you want a super hero game. Play champion online. ? is epic playing with friends.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It's free... I play it every other day
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yea it's free, I got it on psn.
  • ocelot
    edited November 2011
    Options
    My character looks like spawn without the cape...
    I lex is my mentor... I have super speed and fire powers... Any of yall want to start a clan hit me up
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    when I first got this joint it was a 7.0 out the gate, but the better I get at it, the more powers and ? I unlocc and the more villains I come across...

this is game has become a 8.0-8.5 easily..... its addictive as hell when you ain't got ? to do on a slow day

sometimes when I'm playin I realize that I haven't blinked in about 45 minutes lol
  • Lou Cypher
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ahah i used to get that way with everquest. been looking to get into a MMORPG for awhile. computer is too expensive in these times right now. need something to keep me occupied ha.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited November 2011
    Options
    DC Universe Online is probably the first and last MMO I ever play (unless they come out wit a Sequel or a Marvel version)

matter of fact I'm bout to go whoop Poison Ivy ass as soon as I get of the phone smh
  • Piffawana
    Piffawana Members Posts: 197 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I wanted to install this ? but i got only 17-18Gb of space.
    ? you need 25 for anyway?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    King Drew wrote: »
    For the last time, if you want a super hero game. Play champion online. ? is epic playing with friends.

This right here. DCUO is just a rip off of everything Champions Online has done and improved on over the years. It's free to play with the option of paying as well. I can honestly say that the ? you do have to pay for is worth it if you go that route.
  • ocelot
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well I can't download champion on my PS3 so I'm going with DCU
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ITs Free to download and play at first play I dont like it that much... maybe cause Im used to the Batman Arkahm Asylum/Arkaham City controls it different..
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited November 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    ITs Free to download and play at first play I dont like it that much... maybe cause Im used to the Batman Arkahm Asylum/Arkaham City controls it different..

I felt the same way... after I got used to how everything worked.... once I got used to the game itself I fuccs wit it heavy

I download DCUO and haven't picced up Batman Arkham City since... DCUO has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more replay value, not one of those games you can beat in a few days

and theres always plenty of ? to do and new powers to unlocc

its started as a 7... but I swear its at about a 8.5 right now, but thats jus my opinion
  • Lou Cypher
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Haha youll never beat the game man its a MMORPG they are gonna update it all the time with new ? .
  • Lou Cypher
    edited November 2011
    Options
    But are yall tellin me the game is completely free? like all i have to get is a PS3, Download it off PSN (for Free?!) and then start playing?! thats nuts.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ocelot
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'm at level 6 right now... No missions till level 7... My spawn character has a cape now
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Man I personally didn't like it period (not real crazy about RPG's) and it took damn near 3 hrs for me to DL on PS3.

Idk why they charged anybody to play it to begin with, now it all of sudden they made it free because they wasn't making a lot of money off of it. My biggest complaint is why they just could give users the option of playing as the DC Heroes/Villains in another mode instead? Also, before I could start playing it took me forever to come up with a name for my character b/c all the other names or variation names were taken. I played it a couple of times said hell with it and removed it from the hard drive.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Haha youll never beat the game man its a MMORPG they are gonna update it all the time with new ? .

coooooooooool even better lol
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I downloaded it but have yet to make a character. Couple of questions for those who have it..

1) After I create my char's appearance, can you change that at any time?

2) Can you change your powers later on in the game. Like if I had Batman as a mentor but later switch to Superman to get his abilities or are you stuck with what you pick in the beginning.

3) What are some of the best classes (people to be mentored by) for heros/villans?