Scarface - Tony vs Manolo Right or Wrong

Options
Check Mate
Check Mate Members Posts: 472
edited November 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Was Tony in the wrong killin Manolo over his sister?
OR
Was Manolo wrong for ? his sister, even though he had good intentions?

Comments

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Both. Manolo should have been straight up with the ? . Who was MORE wrong? Tony. You can't clap ya man - who saved ya life numerous times and helped you get to the top - because he ? ya sister. Especially since he wants to actually BE WITH her and not just ? her down.
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    There was no guarantee Manolo wouldve done right by Tony's sister.

And based on his playboy lifestyle, he likely woulda strayed once he got comfortable.

But yeah, they were both wrong. But Manolo was wrong first.
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Tony was a bitchmade ass ? who deserved to die.
  • Esiam
    Esiam Banned Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    He killed Manolo because he had an incestious love for his sister, how could that be right?
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Tony was wrong. ? too sensitive about females when it's close to home.

Yea Tony, ya' sister gonna get piped down too - like it or not ! Should've been glad it was ya' boy and not one of them ? from another family.... you old sensitive coke-head ? .

Almost seemed like he wanted his sister for himself - tell me I'm lying ?
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Tony was a bitchmade ass ? who deserved to die.

Sosa was really that ? .. Tony was a ? bumb who came up... Manny was like his Bro, Tony really wanted to ? Gina himself.. sick ass ? , Manny was his dude from way back and he knows Manny was a good dude. Shout out to Sosa.
  • Esiam
    edited November 2011
    Options
    7fIG wrote: »
    Tony was wrong. ? too sensitive about females when it's close to home.

Yea Tony, ya' sister gonna get piped down too - like it or not ! Should've been glad it was ya' boy and not one of them ? from another family.... you old sensitive coke-head ? .

Almost seemed like he wanted his sister for himself - tell me I'm lying ?

Come on, people really didn't see this? YES he wanted to ? his own sister, he had an incestious love for her... There's even that scene in the end where she's in a bathrobe and gets her ? out or something, don't really remember... But yeah Tony Montana wanted to get his sister poonana...

Which is the reason he killed him...
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Manny was in the wrong... Just like Adam and Eve was in the wrong
    Manolo died on GP
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ? is a helluva drug
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    How was Manny in the wrong when he was a square ? who got caught up with Tony, Manny wasn't treating his nose to coke buffet's and ? , Tony turned his back on everybody. Thats why Sosa lit that ass up. nothing respectable about that dude other than he went from broke to paid.
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I never understood why he had a problem with it. His sister was going to date/marry someone eventually, who could he trust more than his best friend not to mistreat or take advantage of her?
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    real ? sosa lived in the end he won
  • Check Mate
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lol My girl was like, "You can't really help who you love"
  • Check Mate
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Mikko makin good points in this ? .
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ya ? all wrong for blaiming Tony.First of Tony was latino.The whole thinking process is different from American culture.Manolo knew he could not ? with Tony´s sister.You dont ? the bosse´s sister ever.Plus Tony told him he couldnt ? her.Manolo was a drug pin just like Tony and Tony didnt want his sister in that lifestyle.Remenber he got ? at her for doing coke in the bathroom....And Tony never wanted to ? his sister.When she came in naked in his office he kept looking away.

Oh yeah Al Pacino was also protective of his sister in the godfather 2.Some ? ya cant undestand cause its a different culture just accept it.
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ya ? all wrong for blaiming Tony.First of Tony was latino.The whole thinking process is different from American cultrue.Manolo knew he could not ? with Tony´s sister.You dont ? the bosse´s sister ever.Plus Tony told him he couldnt ? her.Manolo was a drug pin just like Tony and Tony didnt want his sister in that lifestyle.Remenber he got ? at her for doing coke in the bathroom....And Tony never wanted to ? his sister.When she came in naked in his office he kept looking away.

Oh yeah Al Pacino was also protective of his sister in the godfather 2.Some ? a cant undestand cause its a different cultre just accept it.

Bold- I never thought of that, good point. Killing him was still ? up.

Underlined- If Tony's culture thinks that killing a friend for marrying your sister is acceptable, Tony's culture is wrong just like African/Middle Eastern cultures that circumcise infant girls are wrong in thinking this is morally acceptable behavior.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Things that could make me ? by best friend:

1. Him trying to ? me and me killing him in self-defense.
    2. Him trying to ? a family member and me killing him to defend them

...that's bout it. Merck him cause he ? my sister? That's weak. Tony was a weak ass ? in that regard.
  • Esiam
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ya ? all wrong for blaiming Tony.First of Tony was latino.The whole thinking process is different from American culture.Manolo knew he could not ? with Tony´s sister.You dont ? the bosse´s sister ever.Plus Tony told him he couldnt ? her.Manolo was a drug pin just like Tony and Tony didnt want his sister in that lifestyle.Remenber he got ? at her for doing coke in the bathroom....And Tony never wanted to ? his sister.When she came in naked in his office he kept looking away.

Oh yeah Al Pacino was also protective of his sister in the godfather 2.Some ? ya cant undestand cause its a different culture just accept it.

Nah... This pretty much explains it perfect: http://mobwives.blogspot.com/2011/05/scarface-different-look.html
    TONY WAS IN LOVE WITH HIS SISTER.

Many will debate that Tony was just an overprotective big brother. I disagree. There was a strange sexual tension between Tony and his younger sister Gina. He was protective and looked after her throughout the movie. It seemed like a benign relationship. It almost was more of a father daughter type relationship. There is never a mention of their father in the movie. Their relationship seemed harmless in the beginning. He would give her money & buy her things. Yet, he had a mean streak when it came to Gina. There is a scene where Tony sees his sister dancing with a guy. They head off to the restroom to make out. Tony the ? good big brother follows them into the restroom. He beats the dude. He yells at Gina. I can see the overprotective brother looking out for his younger sister. There is something not quite right with this scene. You can feel the possessive tension.

Tony's right hand man in the movie was Manny. Throughout the movie Manny stood by Tony's side and had his back always. They reached for the top together. One would think that if anybody was good enough for Gina, Manny would be the guy. But sadly, that is not the case. Tony finds out that they are together. He flips out. Tony kills Manny, he sister's husband. If that is not envy and jealousy, I don't know what is.

Finally, we come to the end where Gina confronts Tony. She basically lays it out. Gina knows her brother wants her. She throws herself @ him with gun in hand. Before Tony denies her accusations for a moment we see his ? for her. Moments later, Gina is killed by those trying to ? Tony.

Tony was in love with his sister. If the scene had been different we may have saw a another side to Tony. Instead we overlook his faults and possible incestuous love of his sibling. We instead as a viewer focus on his ? gangsterism. He went out like a champ, killing many of the guys who ended up succeeding in killing him.

I challenge you to watch the movie from my perspective. You may have a different opinion of the hip hop hero Tony Montana. Here's the scene which reveals my perception of his ? for his sister. I hope you enjoy even if you disagree.

gt.jpg

In the ending she pretty much in a bathrobe with her ? hanging out says to Tony "you want to ? me, well go ahead" or something like that, at first he's like thrown off but then he goes for the milk and blam sister get shot...
  • RumBoxTen
    RumBoxTen Members Posts: 187
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Tony did ? on principle. Everything was black and white kinda like the movie's poster. He didn't talk when his man was getting chainsawed, he didn't ? that guy for Sosa at the UN cause of the kids, and all the other ? .
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yall the same ? that think Michael shouldn't have killed Fredo too huh?
  • Check Mate
    edited November 2011
    Options
    True though how someone said Manolo was a square and wasn't coked out like Tony was, he should've been real and wd're gettin married.
    WHY THE ? YOU WANNA SURPRISE YOUR ? THAT YOU BOUT TO MARRY HIS SIS? Thats a surprise for a mom or dad. NOT your ? . Tony shouldn't have clapped him though, he was more in the wrong.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Dude back in the days when I usto live in the U.S the dude that taught me how to hustler in my town wanted to date my cousin.He asked me for permission.I told him yes but I wanted to say no to him but we were like bestfriends he said he would take care of her and marry her by the way she was the best student in her school for 4 years.I didnt want my cousin in that lifestyle...Couple years later the dude got mirked.Now imagem if she was with him.She would have been clapped too.

Tony made his own world....Like he said the world is mine.You dont ? wit people like that you just know not too.Plus hes latin we are emotional.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Mikko_ wrote: »
    I think him killing Manolo symbolized that he was at the point of no return. The Soprano's used that same theme when they had Tony ? Christopher. They were on a downward spiral beyond redemption.

Michael ordering the hit on Fredo too. (Godfather)
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    edited November 2011
    Options
    RumBoxTen wrote: »
    Tony did ? on principle. Everything was black and white kinda like the movie's poster. He didn't talk when his man was getting chainsawed, he didn't ? that guy for Sosa at the UN cause of the kids, and all the other ? .

This is probably a street ? post.They will never understand.Theres rules to this ? .Principle above life.Because what was keeping them alive and outta jail was principles.Manolo crossed the line Tony told him not to do that.