Scarface - Tony vs Manolo Right or Wrong

Options

Comments

• ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Both. Manolo should have been straight up with the ? . Who was MORE wrong? Tony. You can't clap ya man - who saved ya life numerous times and helped you get to the top - because he ? ya sister. Especially since he wants to actually BE WITH her and not just ? her down.

this.........loyalty and trust got them there, manolo showed countless trust but tony's insecurity ruined it...i blame the coke and the attitude, manolo was a loyal ? it seemed and his sister was better off with a ? you know and respect then any body else

but manolo should have just said it up front
  • Check Mate
    Check Mate Members Posts: 472
    edited November 2011
    Options
    This is probably a street ? post.They will never understand.Theres rules to this ? .Principle above life.Because what was keeping them alive and outta jail was principles.Manolo crossed the line Tony told him not to do that.

Who knows if Manolo was gonna straighten out? Marriage might have been a step to a more positive path. I can't remember, but didn't he choose not to roll wit Tony for somethin
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    in the end Tony was completely wrong.... the only reason he died was becuz Manny wasn't there to watch his bacc smh

whose to say if Manny hadn't been killed Tony mightve survived that nite... Tony was already goin beast mode on them ?
  • ysl313
    edited November 2011
    Options
    in the end Tony was completely wrong.... the only reason he died was becuz Manny wasn't there to watch his bacc smh

whose to say if Manny hadn't been killed Tony mightve survived that nite... Tony was already goin beast mode on them ?

if manny was alive, his sister would at least be alive cause she wouldnt have been at tony's crib that night
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Sosa was the plug, and he also pulled the plug on that ? .
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Good thing he killed Manny . Cause Sosa had them goons at his door and would have killed them all anyway
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Both. Manolo should have been straight up with the ? . Who was MORE wrong? Tony. You can't clap ya man - who saved ya life numerous times and helped you get to the top - because he ? ya sister. Especially since he wants to actually BE WITH her and not just ? her down.

damn you actually closed this thread
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ? is a helluva drug

/ thread
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So we gonna act like Tony didnt warn Manolo not to ? with Gina before they got married tho?? We can argue all day that Tony shouldnt have killed Manolo, but of all people Manolo knew how crazy Tony was, and he still went ahead and forged a relationship with his sister when Tony had already voiced his displeasure with the thought of them hooking up earlier in the movie....so how can we not blame Manolo more than Tony?
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    yroholla wrote: »
    So we gonna act like Tony didnt warn Manolo not to ? with Gina before they got married tho?? We can argue all day that Tony shouldnt have killed Manolo, but of all people Manolo knew how crazy Tony was, and he still went ahead and forged a relationship with his sister when Tony had already voiced his displeasure with the thought of them hooking up earlier in the movie....so how can we not blame Manolo more than Tony?

Atleast your logic.? act like tONY DIDNT SAY ? BEFORE LOL.
  • ysl313
    edited November 2011
    Options

same side of the coin, does that not show how much he cared about tony's sister that even though he knew it could ? tony off but he didn't care cause he wanted to do right by his sister, did it not?

its not like manolo was this smash and pass ass ? , he was just a real loyal cool ? and tony was the one on all that drug sniffin ?
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

"Wake up, guns under my pillow, I can't talk around chauffeurs
    ? is better than a novel, autobiographic
    Spit it on tracks, it becomes classic
    Start some, make my heart pump, spark one, I'm ? son
    NAStradamus, last one to blast one when the NARC's come
    Know how to leave anything in thirty seconds
    When you feel the heat, comin and flee with the murder weapon
    I'll release one, shot you deceased, learn your lesson
    Your flesh turn to maggots, ? , you past it
    Cremate your flesh to ashes
    You don't need a suit, no wake, no funeral, and no casket"

Nas verse was always my favorite on that track.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

This is correct. Tony did pre-warn Manolo about that...and he crossed those lines.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Manolo had to go behind Tonys back to date her... Going behind your man's back is a red flag itself... Manny knew what he was.doing and he did it anyways
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ysl313 wrote: »
    same side of the coin, does that not show how much he cared about tony's sister that even though he knew it could ? tony off but he didn't care cause he wanted to do right by his sister, did it not?

its not like manolo was this smash and pass ass ? , he was just a real loyal cool ? and tony was the one on all that drug sniffin ?

Could Manolo have treated Gina well? Possibly....but thats neither here nor there....whenever ur dude says dont date his sister its a no go regardless....how do you hold convos with ur boy about ? once he starts dating ur sister? Especially with how Manolo moves with ? u seen how they was rollin earlier in the movie at the beach tryin ? chicks out....and Tony supposed to let that dude wife his sister? c'mon guy...
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Could Manolo have treated Gina well? Possibly....but thats neither here nor there....whenever ur dude says dont date his sister its a no go regardless....how do you hold convos with ur boy about ? once he starts dating ur sister? Especially with how Manolo moves with ? u seen how they was rollin earlier in the movie at the beach tryin ? chicks out....and Tony supposed to let that dude wife his sister? c'mon guy...

Dude Justr like homeboy said above.TONY SAID DONT ? WIT MY SIS.Tony is the boss of all bosses nobody above but SOSA.Dude backstabbed him.He got dealt with.
  • MarcAntoine
    MarcAntoine Members Posts: 151
    edited November 2011
    Options

...............Tony ain need to ? his homeboi but Monolo was on that flaw ? . Not to mention this ? fukin wit hoes is wut got they homeboi messed up in the beginning of the film.
  • ysl313
    edited November 2011
    Options

if its a problem and you got love for someone, you should feel and make them feel like you can talk about almost anything.
    If manolo is my ? , best friend, etc. and I did tell him not to mess with my sister and he still did but showed loyalty and planned ot do right by her, who am I to ruin that for both of them if they are happy? That's a different level of disloyalty and tony took it to the extreme by killing manolo and clearly he regretted it because he went right back to that coke mountain in order to bury his feelings
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Really, it was STRONGLY IMPLIED that Tony's love for Gina was.....unhealthy
    Ya ? all wrong for blaiming Tony.First of Tony was latino.The whole thinking process is different from American culture.Manolo knew he could not ? with Tony´s sister.You dont ? the bosse´s sister ever.Plus Tony told him he couldnt ? her.Manolo was a drug pin just like Tony and Tony didnt want his sister in that lifestyle.Remenber he got ? at her for doing coke in the bathroom....And Tony never wanted to ? his sister.When she came in naked in his office he kept looking away.

Oh yeah Al Pacino was also protective of his sister in the godfather 2.Some ? ya cant undestand cause its a different culture just accept it.

lol foh u actin like ? and crackas ain't protective of they sisters. Miss me w/ dat culture excuse.

Face it, Tony ? up. Sniffed too much, his head wasn't right. Too cruel when he needed to be kind (Manny) and too kind when he needed to be cruel. (car w/ the family in it....even tho I respect what he did there)

Plus c'mon HE JUST BLASTED HIM IN THE DOORWAY, ain't give him a chance to explain ? or nothin. She smilin', he smilin'. But you just blast ya best friend, your right hand man, your consigliere/underboss, before doing anything else? That's called trippin.
    Mikko_ wrote: »
    The ironic thing about Scarface is that Pacino played the role so well he still made Montano a hero and icon 30 years later...

that and Tony's rise to power is so exhilarating

Make no mistake, what got a whole generation of ghetto kids hooked on Scarface was how the film shows him coming up. NO other film has done a more vivid depiction of social mobility. He starts off at the bottom of barrel.....a refugee stuck in a concentration camp....has to ? a ? for a green card! Gets a ? job in a ? ass kitchen w/ a wack boss. Omar gives him a terrible drug deal to start off. Etc. By the time you get to the "Push it to the Limit" montage, its like Rocky running up the steps to "Gonna Fly Now".
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    By the end of the movie I was on some ? Tony ish (that white lady pushed him too far), but Manolo was a dumb ? who asked for it. Not only did he start ? Gina knowin how crazy Tony was, against his wishes, but this simple simon ass ? was EXCITED to tell him the news. Tony came up and Manny was lookin like this

129523062561.gif

Like he was gonna tell Tony he been diggin in Gina cheeks, and Tony was gonna hi-five him. Manny:"Yo, I smashed Gina", Tony: "AWWW ? ? WE POPPIN BOTTLES TONIGHT!" <
    Manny thought process.

Dumb ? like this aren't grounded in reality and its only a matter of time before they get clapped. Tony expedited the process. L taken by: Manolo.
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Both was equally wrong. Tony should have whooped that ass and broke his legs, but not ? him. Manolo shouldn't have ? with his best friend's sister who he knew was crazy and pre-warned him about that ? . Tony's only wrong cause he overreacted a little bit. But Manolo betrayed hi trust and did something Tony specifically told him not to, and did it with vigor as he went as far as to marry her. ? him on that betrayal, insubordination ? . So both was wrong.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ysl313 wrote: »
    if its a problem and you got love for someone, you should feel and make them feel like you can talk about almost anything.
    If manolo is my ? , best friend, etc. and I did tell him not to mess with my sister and he still did but showed loyalty and planned ot do right by her, who am I to ruin that for both of them if they are happy? That's a different level of disloyalty and tony took it to the extreme by killing manolo and clearly he regretted it because he went right back to that coke mountain in order to bury his feelings

But it goes back to do you want your kid sister part of that life... To know that there's a higher chance of her husband getting killed
    What if she gets kidnapped by Sosa and tortured to death... Can tony live with the guilt of knowing he let the one he loved get into that life?
    To much risk... To little reward
  • blank..
    blank.. Members Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    My opinion is basically Manolo was in the wrong for not notifying his very close friend Tony, who had previously warned him to stay away from his sister very clearly..

But you got to also factor in the situation at that point in the movie.

Tony knew he had just ? up with Sosa and he was gonna have hell to pay for, albeit for the sake of saving children and their mother (how ironic that we are judging Tony's character, but fail to remember he did actually prevent the loss of innocent life).

And then the chain of events after that failed assassination, Tony is desparately trying to get into contact with Manny, who is oblivious and not on his job as right hand man for Tony, particularly at that time of need.. simply, Manny ? up he wasnt there when his man needed him.

Instead, where was he? With Tony's sister, of all people, lovin it up.

Meanwhile Tony got all this ? going through his head like what the ? am I gonna do, trying to sort ? out.

So when you look at those events after that botched assassination, you understand that by the time Tony steps foot into Manny's front door, he is already worked up.

Then he see his sister up there in Manny's crib, lookin like she just finished giving Manny top... that was it.

And think about it, this is the first time Tony had any idea at all about them hooking up.. wow.

There was no turning back.

Personally, should Manny have been killed off in the movie?

I think yes, it was good script writing and it just goes to show how the movie played out, Tony could have used the extra muscle.

But make no mistake, Manny ? up badly in more ways than just ? Tony's sister and not telling him.
  • blank..
    blank.. Members Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    And I see people saying Tony had an infatuation with his sister, that is ? up logic how you get to that conclusion?

That was another part of the movie people failed to pick up on, is that Tony cared for his sister very much.. as evidenced by what he did when he seen her at the club, buying her a beauty shop and all that ? .. basically trying to get her on the right track.

And he knew Manny was into the drug business waist deep, he didnt want his sister with that kind of crowd infact he wanted her as far away as possible from that lifestyle.

Which is why he warned Manny about not ? with her.

That scene in Tony's office at the end where she walks in, put two and two together.. she was ? off beyond imagination, so she did what she did.

And Tony basically drowned himself in pure yayo so he wasnt even on the planet at that time.