Israel kills at least 10 aid workers trying to deliver supplies to Palestinians

Comments

• judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    If I'm so wrong, why does the UNITED NATIONS have so many condemnations against Israel? I'm sure the people at the UN are much more well travelled than I am. There's no excuse for stealing land, the UN condemns the occupation Israel has over the Palestinian people. Why do you think that is?

This is what I mean....Your assuptions make your statements superficial and paradoxical. The UN also approved the Statehood of Israel. The UN also refused to condemn the US for its treatments of Africans in America in the civil rights struggle. Who started the UN? Who controls the UN? Is the UN the ultimate authority over what is factual or not factual?
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    And Step wrote: »
    Let's be real.

If your a Black man and you live in Israel, America, Africa, South America, wherever. Your not running ? . You are getting ran. If all our people aren't free then there is no need to chest thump. If you have to seek permission for anything-you aint running ? . If you ask to be recognized-you aint running ? . If you picket and protest-you ain't running ? . If you spending someone elses currency-You ain't running ? . If you can't supply your total needs and you have to buy your raw materials and goods from someone else-you aint running ? .

There is no sovereign independent group of Black people on the planet. Sure some of us are more autonomous than others but the reality is if you live in any of these places. You are under the temporal, economical and physical authority of someone else.

Judah and Kingblaze made similar points about the populaces in the respective countries not being in agreement with policies set forth in their name. However most aren't incline to do anything about it, which is complicity,in some respect. My personal opinion is "Israel" and America are not going to change. The best we can do is try not to get caught up in the political and spiritual wickedness that is taking both down. Stop gang banging and arguing over people who could care less about you, Whether they be Arab, Israeli, or European. There will be a remnant who will be committed to not following madness.

Change is coming if you can't see that, then you lost.
    YOu are right except for that there are a few black states in Africa they just never get any attention because they are just run of the mill states that really just "exist" which is good for them.

BUt the rest of what you said is right and you are right for the most part.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    judahxulu wrote: »
    This is what I mean....Your assuptions make your statements superficial and paradoxical. The UN also approved the Statehood of Israel. The UN also refused to condemn the US for its treatments of Africans in America in the civil rights struggle. Who started the UN? Who controls the UN? Is the UN the ultimate authority over what is factual or not factual?

I guess you support the fact Israel demolishes homes of Palestinians and REFUSES to let in material to help them rebuild their lives? Is that humane to you? The UN is not the last bastion of what is right or wrong, OBVIOUSLY, but when a WORLD BODY is CONSTANTLY criticizing a nation such as Israel, it's easy to see something is very, VERY wrong.

I suppose you believe Israel is justified for supporting the illegal settlements that are constantly being built on land Paletinians eventually want for their own personal state, huh? Shame on you.....you're the fakest revolutionary I've ever seen, SMH.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2010
    http://www.prisonplanet.com/israel-accused-of-massive-war-crime-atrocities.html

From a United Nations Special Investigator......

Paul Joseph Watson
    Prison Planet.com
    Monday, December 29, 2008

A new IAF cockpit video shows an air strike targeted against an alleged rocket launching site located between two civilian homes, as UN Professor Richard Falk accused Israel of massive violations of international humanitarian law.

Falk, United Nations Special Investigator for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories, listed numerous actions by Israel that clearly break the rules of engagement codified in the Geneva Conventions.

These include; collective punishment of the 1.5 million inhabitants of the Gaza Strip for the actions of relatively few militants; the indiscriminate targeting of civilians including school children and university students during air strikes, with hundreds now dead or injured; a disproportionate military response which has destroyed every police and security office of Gaza’s elected government.

Israel has also sealed off entry and exit points to the Gaza Strip, causing severe shortages of medicine, food and fuel and hampering efforts to treat victims of the bombing raids
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2010
    Come on Judah, fake ass revolutionary......support genocide and apartheid again.....keep it up, lol.
  • judahxulu
    edited June 2010
    I guess you support the fact Israel demolishes homes of Palestinians and REFUSES to let in material to help them rebuild their lives? Is that humane to you? The UN is not the last bastion of what is right or wrong, OBVIOUSLY, but when a WORLD BODY is CONSTANTLY criticizing a nation such as Israel, it's easy to see something is very, VERY wrong.

I suppose you believe Israel is justified for supporting the illegal settlements that are constantly being built on land Paletinians eventually want for their own personal state, huh? Shame on you.....you're the fakest revolutionary I've ever seen, SMH.

You keep making false accusations and ignore what I am actually saying. If the world body is such a moral guidepost why havent they condemned America? Israel aint got ? on them. Of course, something is wrong and I've said it in detail. But youre ignoring that. And as far as being fake, to me its fake to ? about a situation and not do anything about it. If youre so concerned aboout the Palestinians then go over there and assist in the peace process. I have actually done that, and that experience makes me no better than anybody else but it does make me more qualified to describe whats going on than someone who receives second-hand information. And the situation is just not as you describe it point blank. There are crooked Israeli and Palestinian leaders in bed with one another, who sacrifice their own people for their covert agenda because war = $ and influence. They dont represent the whole of the Israeli/Palestinian people or their respective gov'ts.
  • judahxulu
    edited June 2010
    Come on Judah, fake ass revolutionary......support genocide and apartheid again.....keep it up, lol.

Come on Croc, keep ignoring the actual substance of my posts.
  • kingblaze84
    edited June 2010
    judahxulu wrote: »
    Come on Croc, keep ignoring the actual substance of my posts.

Whatever you say elephant man.....
  • alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    yo what the ? you expect me to do with a neighborhood full of Lil Wayne/Gucci Mane imposters? you think they tryin to hear a single ? thing Im sayin bout that? Dont you get it you ? ? ? the nation is asleep especially the hood but your ? ass wouldnt know nothin about that because you sit inside all day sayin stupid ? like this. 2nd, Im not even black so you look like an idiot callin me a ? . and 3rd, what the ? you want me to do? go to jail for tax evasion? you think I want to pay taxes? do you think I would if I didnt have to? eat a ? my dude.

Ummmm.. Huh @ the bolded part. So you're saying ? equates to blacks?
  • DarcSkies777
    edited June 2010
    ^ he got ya there smoke LOL
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited June 2010
  • alvarez_313
    edited June 2010
    The thing that bothers me about this is how people keep saying how Israel has a right to defend itself and how the soldiers were attacked when landing on the ship. Well if the ship was in international waters and they were being involuntarily boarded in a hostile manner, weren't they within their rights to defend themselves? It bothers me how the Israeli ambassador is basically victimizing the commandos like "oh look at how hostile the activist are towards our soldiers". He also ? me off by saying that Israel is not responsible for the deaths of those civilians. Also if they thought that there were any actual terrorist onboard that ship then why in the hell would they go there with paintballs as a primary weapon? This stinks to high heaven and they know it!!!!
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited June 2010
    The thing that bothers me about this is how people keep saying how Israel has a right to defend itself and how the soldiers were attacked when landing on the ship. Well if the ship was in international waters and they were being involuntarily boarded in a hostile manner, weren't they within their rights to defend themselves? It bothers me how the Israeli ambassador is basically victimizing the commandos like "oh look at how hostile the activist are towards our soldiers". He also ? me off by saying that Israel is not responsible for the deaths of those civilians. Also if they thought that there were any actual terrorist onboard that ship then why in the hell would they go there with paintballs as a primary weapon? This stinks to high heaven and they know it!!!!

but international "waters" are patrolled in times of war and instability. this happens in maritime boundary around Somalia. Israel is obviously using its the end justify the means approach in this matter.

but what exactly were they defending themselves from though? an inspection?
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Ummmm.. Huh @ the bolded part. So you're saying ? equates to blacks?

no, Ive never seen a hispanic person or a white person called a ? before so it threw me off a little bit. but a good point was made. its not about color, its about mentality.
  • subhaskar
    subhaskar Members Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    Just a small sample of the kind of evil Israel unleashes to the Palestinian people on a DAILY basis......no wonder Israel is so hated by most of the world.....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/article394547.ece

TO DEFEND Israel today is to be either callous or wilfully ignorant. Had Julie Burchill bothered during her visit there to cross the few miles from Israel to Gaza or the West Bank, she would have seen such human suffering as to disturb even her frenetic adulation of Israel. She might have seen the daily lot of nearly three million Palestinians as they battle with army checkpoints, curfews, random shootings, arbitrary arrests and air raids. She might have found that the “superJews” she so admires humiliate and oppress Palestinians at a whim: last year, at the Nablus checkpoint, a middle-aged man was made to strip, get down on all fours and bark like a dog before he could enter his city. Women in labour routinely wait at checkpoints until some give birth there and see their babies die.
    Those that survive live a blighted childhood. Since September 2000, Israel has killed more than 660 Palestinian children and wounded 9,000 — such as little Iman, sprayed with bullets when walking to school in Rafah last month, even after she died. Thousands of children are traumatised by the daily horrors they witness. For a Palestinian child, life under Israeli occupation means turning 15 and seeing the army come to arrest you if you are male, or seeing your friends bleed to death because no ambulance is allowed to rescue them.

It is difficult to convey the scale and effect of Israel’s abuses of Palestinian lives through statistics alone. But these are horrifying enough: since 2000, nearly 4,000 Palestinians killed, and 30,000 injured; 400 were assas-sinated; and 25,000 homes were demolished. In addition, hundreds of acres of farmland were destroyed. No state on earth, except Israel, could get away with these atrocities, now routinely justified as “defence” against Palestinian “ terrorism”.

Thanks for the link to the news article and also your post. Helped me see the true picture of Israel and understand why it is one of the most "hated" nations. :(

Shubhas Sarkarronald Cruzag
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I live in Turkey. Israel just ? up. They killed innocent people and nobody knows why. It was the stupidest thing that they could do. Turkey is (was) the only "partner" of Israel in this area but now thats over. Its not the first public humiliation from Israel towards Turkey but certainly the cruelest one. People here are going crazy, everyones against Israel now. The prime minister Erdogan announced that Turkey wouldnt let that go without a response. Everybodys heated. This could get ugly..
  • alvarez_313
    edited June 2010
    busayo wrote: »
    but international "waters" are patrolled in times of war and instability. this happens in maritime boundary around Somalia. Israel is obviously using its the end justify the means approach in this matter.

but what exactly were they defending themselves from though? an inspection?

Israel declared war on Turkey? I didn't know that. And if it's an involuntary hostile "inspection" then they have the right to defend themselves. And also Israel keeps spouting off how they offered to transfer any aid given to Gaza themselves but they get to determine whats allowable. WTF!!! The U.S. needs to reign in it's lil pit bull because it's forgetting who the pack leader is.. The Israel Whisperer is needed.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Israel declared war on Turkey? I didn't know that. And if it's an involuntary hostile "inspection" then they have the right to defend themselves. And also Israel keeps spouting off how they offered to transfer any aid given to Gaza themselves but they get to determine whats allowable. WTF!!! The U.S. needs to reign in it's lil pit bull because it's forgetting who the pack leader is.. The Israel Whisperer is needed.

word, and my thing is if there was suspected weapons on board of that ship then how come the activists were fighting with poles and pipes n ? ? wouldnt you think that they would go ? open those cases of AK's to fight the commandos? the only people seen with guns in any of those videos is the Israelis.
  • DarcSkies777
    edited June 2010
    but international "waters" are patrolled in times of war and instability.
    Nobody has declared war on Turkey and any nation can say that the middle easy is "unstable" just like the US Government uses the "terrorism" excuse to violate rights.

Either way its arrogant to think people are just supposed to lay down and get beaten up just because its Israelis doing the beating.

Gee, I thought when you board a ship with guns and ? people it's called piracy. Guess that only applies when Africans do it.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010

Gee, I thought when you board a ship with guns and ? people it's called piracy. Guess that only applies when Africans do it.

Them ? was armed with paintball guns at first.

Even far-right Israelis are admitting this was a epic ? .
  • alvarez_313
    edited June 2010
    word, and my thing is if there was suspected weapons on board of that ship then how come the activists were fighting with poles and pipes n ? ? wouldnt you think that they would go ? open those cases of AK's to fight the commandos? the only people seen with guns in any of those videos is the Israelis.

You see it.. And like I said earlier.. If they TRULY thought there were weapons and people associated with terrorism onboard then why would they go with ? paintball guns?
  • alvarez_313
    edited June 2010
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Them ? was armed with paintball guns at first.

Even far-right Israelis are admitting this was a epic ? .

They were armed with paintball guns yes but also a real firearm as a secondary. In the hands of a commando a pistol is equal to a rifle in an average persons hands.. The paintball guns were just a convenient cover..
  • Swiffness!
    edited June 2010

Israel Whisperer laff.gif
  • Swiffness!
    edited June 2010
    They were armed with paintball guns yes but also a real firearm as a secondary. In the hands of a commando a pistol is equal to a rifle in an average persons hands.. The paintball guns were just a convenient cover..

see, that's not "brutal".......that's STUPID. You gonna drop them into a hostile crowd, one by one, with a toy as the primary weapon, but a lethal backup weapon that's visible and easily snatched away? What? Why this halfway ? ? Either take the full nonlethal approach w/ water cannons, tear gas, and tasers, or go all-in with a military commando raid that makes it obvious that fighting back would be a waste of time. Or DISABLE the ship and tow the ? to shore. Or just cut them a ? break and let them deliver the damn supplies directly to Gaza while NOT causing a international incident that ? off one of your only allies. Hey, what do you know, better options that Israel turned down. Instead they went ahead with this half-assed plan of "You're only using paintballs, but here's your sidearm just in c- OH ? ONE OF THEM GRABBED THE SIDEARM, FIRE AT WILL". I mean, there's a reason corrections officers don't normally carry handguns.

That's what ? my head up about this.......Lebanon War, Gaza War, that wayyyy too public assassination in Dubai.........since when is INCOMPETENCE a hallmark of Israel's defense and intelligence services?!?!