skip bayless critic of alvin gentry...

Options
john2009
john2009 Confirm Email Posts: 2,081 ✭✭
edited May 2010 in From the Cheap Seats

skip bayless just critized alvin gentry..said he was too soft after kobe gave him dat tap...skip said alvin wasnt a good coach ...dat he should have been angry kobe gave him dat tap and ? ....he called him out....
said he wil never be a great coach b/c he is too nyce...

do y'all agree wit him...

Comments

• detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    to some extent yea, i dont think kobe would have done that to popavich
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    thats ? ? , Gentry is a good coach, what the ? is he supposed to do after that? If he had gotten mad, he wouldve looked even WORSE....
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    these are the types of debates that have help ruin ESPN
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I guarantee if that was MJ.. The tone would be way diff.. from skip.... im just saying.
  • detcatinva
    edited May 2010
    Options
    radaman wrote: »
    thats ? ? , Gentry is a good coach, what the ? is he supposed to do after that? If he had gotten mad, he wouldve looked even WORSE....

he's a good coach but he messed upby sitting down nash too long in game 5 and 6
  • radaman
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I agree that Kobe wouldnt do that to every coach, like a Jerry Sloan or somebody, but what exactly was Gentry supposed to do? Get mad? lol
  • radaman
    edited May 2010
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    he's a good coach but he messed upby sitting down nash too long in game 5 and 6

Game 5 he mightve ? up but in Game 6 Dragic was bringing us back single handedly.... he probably shouldve played em together tho............
  • detcatinva
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Game 5 he mightve ? up but in Game 6 Dragic was bringing us back single handedly.... he probably shouldve played em together tho............

game 6 the season on the line and nash didnt come back in until like the 4:30 mark, dragic was balling but take barbosa out the game
  • damon03
    damon03 Members Posts: 493
    edited May 2010
    Options
    What happen was Gentry told Hill "Good defense" And Kobe said "Not good enough" If any coach would have said what Gentry said Kobe would have probably responded the same exact way.
  • radaman
    edited May 2010
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    game 6 the season on the line and nash didnt come back in until like the 4:30 mark, dragic was balling but take barbosa out the game

we're in agreement................
  • radaman
    edited May 2010
    Options
    damon03 wrote: »
    What happen was Gentry told Hill "Good defense" And Kobe said "Not good enough" If any coach would have said what Gentry said Kobe would have probably responded the same exact way.

lol I dont think Kobe wouldve done that ? to Jerry Sloan
  • damon03
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol I dont think Kobe wouldve done that ? to Jerry Sloan

True. But I don't think Sloan would have said that so Kobe could have heard it.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

Yall should have left Dragic in and played J Rich at the 3. Grant Hill played good D but it didnt matter to Kobe oliie himself could have been gaurding him and he would have still made them shots
  • damon03
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Also Gentry did coach the Clips. So maybe him and Kobe are kinda close or close enough for Kobe to do that
  • radaman
    edited May 2010
    Options
    True. But I don't think Sloan would have said that so Kobe could have heard it.

lol yeah youre right.... Sloan wouldve been ready to fight. when the last time you seen that ? smile? He's the Kendrick Perkins of coaches lol
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol @ I Am a Boy Damon thats my favorite scene in the movie nh tho
  • radaman
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yall should have left Dragic in and played J Rich at the 3. Grant Hill played good D but it didnt matter to Kobe oliie himself could have been gaurding him and he would have still made them shots

True true true.......... NOBODY was holding Kobe at that point... ? blacked out....
  • radaman
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol @ I Am a Boy Damon thats my favorite scene in the movie nh tho

lol already............. "? did you just ? on me?" Classic ? mayne
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Kobe didn't get T'ed up for that ? ??
  • radaman
    edited May 2010
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »

nah, that ? was classic lol...... and Im a Suns fan... all I could do was laugh, Kobe was on another level at that point. A ref wouldve looked like a ? had he called a T
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

Lmao... ? was G
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    That specific situation has nothing to do with Gentry's coaching skills. Skip is reaching.

I was surprised to see Kobe doing the airplane ? as he ran down the court though...that added another sprinkling of ether to the boiling ? he already cooked up.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »

thats what i said when i saw him do that...if it were a white coach you know the refs would of threw that T at kobe...smh
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    thats what i said when i saw him do that...if it were a white coach you know the refs would of threw that T at kobe...smh

Yeah.....ok
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    That specific situation has nothing to do with Gentry's coaching skills. Skip is reaching.

I was surprised to see Kobe doing the airplane ? as he ran down the court though...that added another sprinkling of ether to the boiling ? he already cooked up.

Hes done that before though a few years back