Producer STREETRUNNER Talks Lil Wayne's Tha Carter IV & More

danaldinho
danaldinho Members Posts: 2
edited June 2010 in The Reason
streetrunner.jpg

LWHQ: We heard you did a ‘crazy’ track for Lil Wayne’s Tha Carter IV album? Tell us about that… what’s the sound like, could it be a single, features, autotune etc?

SR: I did a really dope joint for the ladies with a soulful sample track that has a feature on the hook. I don’t want to go into to many details about the record cause some internet monster might find it and try to leak it. I got another record that my dude wrote the hook on that almost feels like a Jay Z “What More Can I Say” type track. I think I got 1 other record that’s pending along with those two so I just gotta see what’s up. I will say Weezy is spitting that ? over my tracks and they are 100% Hip Hop.

LWHQ: Have you heard any other material from Tha Carter IV? Or who Wayne has collaborated with on there?

SR: I heard a few joints… It’s definitely what the fans want. He’s just rapping and going hard on it. I think I heard maybe one rocked out track but the majority was rap/Hip Hop tracks. It should be another classic.

LWHQ: Do you know what sound style Wayne has used on the whole album (Tha Carter II, Tha Carter III, Rebirth, soulful, dark etc)?, and you think we will be getting the first single this Summer?

SR: Its a well rounded album… I’m not sure what their plans are for the album as far as releasing singles. I heard they want to try to drop C4 close to his release from prison. All the tracks I heard were going hard. Some soul, some south, some dark and a lil rock…

LWHQ: Lil Wayne has said Tha Carter IV will be released as soon as he gets out of jail… do you think Wayne will re-do the whole album when he gets out, and do you think the album will sell more copies than Tha Carter III did?

SR: I really don’t know how he’s going to feel after serving his sentence. It would definitely be dope if they dropped on the day of or near the day of his release, but that’s my opinion. Wayne and his team are going to do what they wanna do so we all just have to wait and see what happens. As for album sales, what C3 did in its first week was amazing, that might be a one time thing but you never know.

Full Interview/Source: LilWayneHQ.com Interviews Producer STREETRUNNER; Talks Tha Carter IV & More | Lil Wayne HQ

Comments