Urban Meyer Accepts Ohio St Job

MR.CJ
MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Former Florida Gators coach Urban Meyer has taken the head coaching job at Ohio State, according to sources.

Meyer had worked as a game analyst this season for ESPN. But he requested off his appearance this weekend as reports swirled of his imminent hire with the Buckeyes.

Sources told WKMG-TV in Orlando last week that Meyer would be introduced in coming days after agreeing to a seven-year, $40 million deal.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7289592/urban-meyer-joins-ohio-state-buckeyes-coach-agent-confirms

Comments

• Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
  • MR.CJ
    edited November 2011
    i thought dude had health problems
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    i thought he accepted it weeks ago
  • MR.CJ
    edited November 2011
    meyer about to be the highest paid coach in college football
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    MR.CJ wrote: »

No he had Nick Saban problems
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    d.green wrote: »
    No he had Nick Saban problems

This...

Anyone notice how Urban leaves programs when his recruiting classes look like ? ?
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    aone415 wrote: »
    This...

Anyone notice how Urban leaves programs when his recruiting classes look like ? ?

No tebow like player to save him and his best recruiters and coordinators left. Watch him call Larry Porter and some of Ole Miss assistants. Ron Zook may even get that nod. If he can keep Ohio locked down as far as recruiting. He will run the Big Ten.

Edit: He will also raid some Penn State coaches so he can hit PA for players. PA keep a good running back on deck.

Braxton Miller is the other reason why he ran to this job. Dude is a beast.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    MR.CJ wrote: »

I thought so too, but I think this whole thing was planned. I had been hearing rumors about him getting the Ohio State job about 2 years ago. The problem Ohio State had gave them the perfect reason to let Jim Tressel go. I said in the CS when it happened that Urban Meyer would be the next coach.
    This...

He left Florida looking bad..... They are probably gonna be down another 2 years.

On another note, I hate Ohio State even more now...............
  • Darius
    edited November 2011
    This...

i could be wrong but i thought Utah was decent after he left
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    caddo man wrote: »
    No tebow like player to save him and his best recruiters and coordinators left. Watch him call Larry Porter and some of Ole Miss assistants. Ron Zook may even get that nod. If he can keep Ohio locked down as far as recruiting. He will run the Big Ten.

Edit: He will also raid some Penn State coaches so he can hit PA for players. PA keep a good running back on deck.

Braxton Miller is the other reason why he ran to this job. Dude is a beast.

He will get the best recruits in that region. I wouldn't be surprised if they were running the Big 10 in 2013, and in the BCS NC by 2014
  • caddo man
    edited November 2011
    matt- wrote: »
    i could be wrong but i thought Utah was decent after he left

They were. he took the majority of the assistants too(if I am not mistaken) but you have to remember they were in the MW.
    ya boi g wrote: »
    He will get the best recruits in that region. I wouldn't be surprised if they were running the Big 10 in 2013, and in the BCS NC by 2014

Well Michigan, it was good while it lasted. LOL! Coach Hoke better start sending out hate mail.
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Damn poor Michigan
  • Darius
    edited November 2011
    caddo man wrote: »
    They were. he took the majority of the assistants too(if I am not mistaken) but you have to remember they were in the MW.

but either way, its not like he bailed b/c his players sucked. it was to get more money and be at a bigger school.

lets be real. if Urban Meyer was afraid of the SEC, he would be at Notre Dame right now
  • caddo man
    edited November 2011
    matt- wrote: »
    but either way, its not like he bailed b/c his players sucked. it was to get more money and be at a bigger school.

lets be real. if Urban Meyer was afraid of the SEC, he would be at Notre Dame right now

I think he dipped from Florida because the writing was on the wall. His assistants were getting other jobs. The players were not fitting his style of play. He was about to hit that slump and be slump over with health problems from stress more than likely.

But if you win two championships for a school, you have time to fix things because they know you can do it. Remember that first championship had alot of Ron Zook players. the second one was all his own.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    big 10 is officially wrapped up....
  • Pusskaveli
    Pusskaveli Members Posts: 1,562
    edited November 2011
    Saban Ran That Coward Out The SEC
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Illinois and Northwestern will be in the toilet again.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Might be the start of a trend. Damn near all of the top coaches are from Big 10 country and grew up idolizing Big 10 programs and coaches, the only reason they migrated south and west is because those programs were putting more money and resources into recruiting while big 10 schools were just relying on "legacy" to recruit players and coaches.

This proves that those days are over. The Big 10 schools will revert back to invading the south and west for recruits (like they did in their glory days) thus making the big 10 the "it" conference.

Same happened with the Big 12 and sec.

First the coaches go, then the recruits follow.

If your squad doesn't have a rich legacy, and you been relying on midwest native coaches fo success...

...get ready to return to mediocrity. lol
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    As a Michigan fan, I don't give a ? . Hoke got some good recruits on the way too. This is just gonna be The Ten Year War Pt. 2. And yes I think this was planned by the OSU soon as they knew they knew about the ? going on before Tatgate and ? broke........

and if you ever read the new book "Three and Out"

Then you know if it wasn't for Coach Carr's bitchassness, Michigan would had Les Miles right now, and possibly Urban would had been there sooner.

? OSU
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited November 2011
    As a Michigan fan, I don't give a ? . Hoke got some good recruits on the way too. This is just gonna be The Ten Year War Pt. 2. And yes I think this was planned by the OSU soon as they knew they knew about the ? going on before Tatgate and ? broke........

and if you ever read the new book "Three and Out"

Then you know if it wasn't for Coach Carr's bitchassness, Michigan would had Les Miles right now, and possibly Urban would had been there sooner.
    ? OSU

so explain what you're talking about with les miles
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    so explain what you're talking about with les miles

Cliffnotes version:

• When Moeller was the HC @ Michigan (after Bo, but before Carr) there was rumors that Moeller's wife was in a affair.
    • Said person of the affair was alledgely Les Miles
    • Keep in mind, Carr was an asst at the time too (but next in line under Bo's plan)
    • Flash foward to Carr's retirement...you had three camps; Carr loyalists (pretending to be in Bo's camp) , Bo's camp, and the camp that wanted to start over with something new
    • Camp Fresh Start & Bo's camp had different guys in mind, but both camps DID like Les.
    • After Coach Bo died, his camp united under the Camp "Fresh Start"
    • Carr was ADMANTED on not hiring Miles, and sabotaged the interview process (will find the actual info from the "Three and Out" book and post that bit about it)
    • Carr also sabotaged RRod by not helping with is camp and undermining him so he could try to get somebody from his camp or who his camp was familiar with (hence Brady Hoke) ....

Basically, Carr might have screwed over Michigan the last past decade for his foolishness to stay away and let Michigan do what it needed to do to get a real HEAD Coach. Alot of Michigan fans on the blog really hated Carr, and rumors about Carr having his hand in things where posted in MGoBlog (where I lurked frequently) at least two years ago before this stuff ever came out.
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited November 2011
    Cliffnotes version:

• When Moeller was the HC @ Michigan (after Bo, but before Carr) there was rumors that Moeller's wife was in a affair.
    • Said person of the affair was alledgely Les Miles
    • Keep in mind, Carr was an asst at the time too (but next in line under Bo's plan)
    • Flash foward to Carr's retirement...you had three camps; Carr loyalists (pretending to be in Bo's camp) , Bo's camp, and the camp that wanted to start over with something new
    • Camp Fresh Start & Bo's camp had different guys in mind, but both camps DID like Les.
    • After Coach Bo died, his camp united under the Camp "Fresh Start"
    • Carr was ADMANTED on not hiring Miles, and sabotaged the interview process (will find the actual info from the "Three and Out" book and post that bit about it)
    • Carr also sabotaged RRod by not helping with is camp and undermining him so he could try to get somebody from his camp or who his camp was familiar with (hence Brady Hoke) ....

Basically, Carr might have screwed over Michigan the last past decade for his foolishness to stay away and let Michigan do what it needed to do to get a real HEAD Coach. Alot of Michigan fans on the blog really hated Carr, and rumors about Carr having his hand in things where posted in MGoBlog (where I lurked frequently) at least two years ago before this stuff ever came out.

wow thats deep...never knew about this stuff

thanks for the info

oh and its adamant lol
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    He ran like a ? from Saban. Once Tebow left reality set in.... His heart healed mighty quick huh smh...