Official ATHEIST/AGNOSTIC THREAD

Options
blakfyahking
blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Edit: Atheists

How many of ya'll believe love really exists but find it hard to believe ? or any other higher spiritual being could exist?

Throwing the outlandish stories in the Bible out of context, who's to say ? couldn't be real if you have the ability to feel real love? How is it possible to not feel the same way about faith?

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I believe something exist (higher power), do i believe there is some grey haired dude is up there; naw. I don't even see why we need to add ? and organize religion to the picture to be a good person, love and live a spiritual life; it seems like people just like believing in something. Whether it be religion, ? , government,etc.
  • blakfyahking
    edited January 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I believe something exist (higher power), do i believe there is some grey haired dude is up there; naw. I don't even see why we need to add ? and organize religion to the picture to be a good person, love and live a spiritual life; it seems like people just like believing in something. Whether it be religion, ? , government,etc.

ok I can get with that, I just notice there are some who are just so rigid in their beliefs that it isn't possible for there to be some sort of higher being.

but yet these same mofos are running around heart-broken from relationships because of what they "feel" is "real"

though maybe I shouldve upped this thread for the more mature morning crowd LOL
  • usmarin3
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What's worst, blind faith or having no faith. The problem i have with most religious people is they don't question anything, especially the factuality of these major religions and the role they play in controlling society. To me eastern religions are more realistic than these western religions and the corruption that permeates it.
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Bible clearly states ? is a spirit. I dont know why people assume he's a grey haired man
  • usmarin3
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Not spirit, but the thought that it's some being up their controlling the Universe and deciding who is gonna go to hell and heaven. The whole concept of ? sounds like the criminal justice system to me, use to keep people in check.
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Not spirit, but the thought that it's some being up their controlling the Universe and deciding who is gonna go to hell and heaven. The whole concept of ? sounds like the criminal justice system to me, use to keep people in check.
    LOL. I dont know why it sounds farfetched to you
  • KplusK
    KplusK Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Excellent thread i never thought of it like that but u have a point.Love is a feeling u get about a person its not sumtin u can see,feel,smell,touch,hear,but people are willing to believe in it and like u said die for it...the same way about faith.Now im not saying that all religion is rite but if u do ur research u'll find what ur looking for as far as that. "Seek and thou should find" is what one scripture says and i believe in that.All these people talking bout illuminati and and this devil worshipping...u believe in the devil and all crazyness in the world but cant believe in sumting good that bugged to me. It has to be positive and a negative to all thats how the world works...IMO.Cause with no faith in the good them we're all ? and illuminati will controll everything and there's nothing we can do about it.
  • thespookwhosatbythed
    thespookwhosatbythed Banned Users Posts: 164
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well ? lost they way of religion(spirituality) once we got over here on that boat. with that being said love is a feeling ? is a thought.
  • Real Lady
    Real Lady Banned Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    people who are athiest in 2010 are left behind.
  • usmarin3
    edited January 2010
    Options
    More and more people are moving towards atheism in 2010, so who is really being left behind.
  • blakfyahking
    edited January 2010
    Options
    well ? lost they way of religion(spirituality) once we got over here on that boat. with that being said love is a feeling ? is a thought.

so love aint a thought, as in you believe the other person care about you just as much?

or what they do in your eyes is enough to focus your your interests on feeling something particular about them?

How is faith not the same thing? ie a hope, a belief, a persistent feeling out there that something you cant see tangibly is possible?
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    edited January 2010
    Options
    More and more people are moving towards atheism in 2010, so who is really being left behind.
    atheists lol..
  • usmarin3
    edited January 2010
    Options
    religion is a business- a good one at that
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    edited January 2010
    Options
    religion is a business- a good one at that
    jesus did say he had to be about his father's business. You been reading your Bible I see
  • blakfyahking
    edited January 2010
    Options
    so nobody is going to refute the whole love feeling thing?

usually atheists be on the IC deep, where they at?

oh and me personally, I could be considered more atheist than a believer. I'm just not closed-minded enough to not believe anything is possible, even though I don't believe in organized religion myself

I was just listening to an old gospel cd I used to rock when I was "hyper religious" as you could say LOL and thought about this thread
  • Real Lady
    Real Lady Banned Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    atheists lol..

LOL exactly
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Religious people, LOL---wtf only ? can judge me, damn hold up...
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Edit: Atheists

How many of ya'll believe love really exists but find it hard to believe ? or any other higher spiritual being could exist?

Throwing the outlandish stories in the Bible out of context, who's to say ? couldn't be real if you have the ability to feel real love? How is it possible to not feel the same way about faith?

Love is an emotion.... period. Your faith is something entirely different, it's a believe. a thought as someone mentioned earlier.

IMO, it's impossible for anyone to love ? . you can agree with whatever book, says of whatever virtue/sin, of whatever ? (s) believes. but saying you love whatever ? (s) is .... spiritual ? , at best.
  • usmarin3
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Do you negros ever ask yourself, what happen to your ancestors in Africa who weren't forced to worship and adopt western religions. At one point people lived in peace prior to the major religions coming on the scene.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? calls those who don't believe in Him FOOLS!

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no ? . They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good." Psalm 14:1

LOL @ the sense of humor of the Al-Mighty. I love you Lord!
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Lots of religions have histories in blood shed and death. War war war
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Do you negros ever ask yourself, what happen to your ancestors in Africa who weren't forced to worship and adopt western religions. At one point people lived in peace prior to the major religions coming on the scene.

I brought this up a couple of times. But from what I can tell people are scared of this question. or thinking like this in general.
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The oldest Christian Temple on Earth is in Ethiopia. ?
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't believe in 'true' live. I think love is just an emotion, just like sadness, hatred, etc.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    I brought this up a couple of times. But from what I can tell people are scared of this question. or thinking like this in general.

Read Romans 1 for your answer
This discussion has been closed.