Official ATHEIST/AGNOSTIC THREAD

Options

Comments

• blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Love is an emotion.... period. Your faith is something entirely different, it's a believe. a thought as someone mentioned earlier.

IMO, it's impossible for anyone to love ? . you can agree with whatever book, says of whatever virtue/sin, of whatever ? (s) believes. but saying you love whatever ? (s) is .... spiritual ? , at best.

bruh break that down for me....what is the difference?

just because you love a person on earth doesn't necessarily mean they love you back so to speak. and a person can do ? for you and not love you and vice versa. and too many times people love people who don't love them back because they "believe" in love as a concept.

so what is different about loving a spirit that makes you "feel" something?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The oldest Christian Temple on Earth is in Ethiopia. ?

? i am talking about prior to the major religions being formed and the church going on a ? path forcing it on the natives and indigenous people.
  • usmarin3
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Read Romans 1 for your answer

So they created a catch all clause to back their ? up. smh
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    ? i am talking about prior to the major religions being formed and the church going on a ? path forcing it on the natives and indigenous people.

Read Romans 1 if you want answers.
  • blakfyahking
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Read Romans 1 if you want answers.

champ if you can't drop anything from your own personal opinion instead of just bible verses, the door is over there

tek weh yuh self

>
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited January 2010
    Options
    champ if you can't drop anything from your own personal opinion instead of just bible verses, the door is over there

tek weh yuh self

>
    what value is personal opinion when you are discussing ? ?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So they created a catch all clause to back their ? up. smh

? has His moral law written in the hearts of every human being born into this world. That's why we have a conscious, and when we do wrong we feel guilty.

Here is an excerpt from Romans 1

" Because that which may be known of ? is manifest in them; for ? hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse." Romans 1:19-20

? has made Himself known throughout creation. There is no excuse for failure to acknowlegde the true and living ? . If anybody desires to know Him, all they have to do is call upon Him. ? will save anybody who truly seeks to know Him.

You my brother have heard of the Lord Jesus Christ and have openly rejected Him. If you were to die tonight unrepentant, your judgment will be much more severe than somebody who has never heard of Jesus Christ. For to whom much is given, much is required. You have seen the light and know the light. For you to consider the blood of Jesus Christ as an unclean thing willingly, it will be incomprehensible how terrible your judgment will be for all eternity.

Repent and believe the Gospel. ? wants to save you. ? bless.
  • blakfyahking
    edited January 2010
    Options
    what value is personal opinion when you are discussing ? ?

because a relationship with ? is supposed to be based on your own personal feelings. you control what you believe, a book written by another man doesn't bind what you are allowed to think

just like you are allowed to love who you want to love....not just who somebody else wants you to
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options

tek weh yuh self

>

Thats the problem my friend! everybody has an opinion but not the truth. The word of ? is truth. And the word of ? will be the judge of all mankind on the last day. If you don't want truth, than you will feed on lies. Aren't you tired of lies? Good grief.
  • usmarin3
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? has His moral law written in the hearts of every human being born into this world. That's why we have a conscious, and when we do wrong we feel guilty.

Here is an excerpt from Romans 1

" Because that which may be known of ? is manifest in them; for ? hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse." Romans 1:19-20

? has made Himself known throughout creation. There is no excuse for failure to acknowlegde the true and living ? . If anybody desires to know Him, all they have to do is call upon Him. ? will save anybody who truly seeks to know Him.

You my brother have heard of the Lord Jesus Christ and have openly rejected Him. If you were to die tonight unrepentant, your judgment will be much more severe than somebody who has never heard of Jesus Christ. For to whom much is given, much is required. You have seen the light and know the light. For you to consider the blood of Jesus Christ as an unclean thing willingly, it will be incomprehensible how terrible your judgment will be for all eternity.

Repent and believe the Gospel. ? wants to save you. ? bless.

Where was the conscience when people were being enslaved in the name of it? or was it another special clause that said we are gonna ignore cruelty in all of the spreading of the word.
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    edited January 2010
    Options
    because a relationship with ? is supposed to be based on your own personal feelings. you control what you believe, a book written by another man doesn't bind what you are allowed to think

just like you are allowed to love who you want to love....not just who somebody else wants you to
    If you have a discussion about ? , the bottom line is the Bible is what you go by. It is his word. It his the manual for instruction that he gave us. How you personally feel about it is irrelevant to the fact of what it is.
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Where was the conscious when people were being enslaved in the name of it?
    It was actually a punishment for idol worship.
  • blakfyahking
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you have a discussion about ? , the bottom line is the Bible is what you go by. It is his word. It his the manual for instruction that he gave us. How you personally feel about it is irrelevant to the fact of what it is.

if that's the case then explain all the deviations of religious peoples' behavior from the bible

mofos pick and choose what they want to believe all the time from the bible
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Where was the conscience when people were being enslaved in the name of it? or was it another special clause that said we are gonna ignore cruelty in all of the spreading of the word.

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Matthew 7:22-23

Jesus answers your question perfectly, in regards to those who thought they were doing the Lords will.
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if that's the case then explain all the deviations of religious peoples' behavior from the bible

mofos pick and choose what they want to believe all the time from the bible
    Im sure ? will handle that accordingly. What do you expect me to do about it?
  • okaay
    okaay Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Believe in ? not religion!
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    bruh break that down for me....what is the difference?

just because you love a person on earth doesn't necessarily mean they love you back so to speak. and a person can do ? for you and not love you and vice versa. and too many times people love people who don't love them back because they "believe" in love as a concept.

so what is different about loving a spirit that makes you "feel" something?

REAL LOVE. if you love a person, they're suppose to love you back. you're suppose to do stuff for them and vice versa. In real love that happens. what you're describing in that quote above is not real love.... in fact it's "simping" as they say. now for that feeling the spirit gives, it might make you feel that way. but real love is if that spirit feels the same about you. but you won't know that till your time is called. then you'll know if it's real love or not.
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I think Atheism comes from a disbelief in the Christian ? . That is to say, ppl who apply logic and don't believe in a human-like ? .

I may not fully believ in Jesus Christ existing as a person, but I do believe in a ? . Not a he or a she, or even an it, but more of an EVERYTHING in and out of the universe.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I think Atheism comes from a disbelief in the Christian ? . That is to say, ppl who apply logic and don't believe in a human-like ? .

I may not fully believ in Jesus Christ existing as a person, but I do believe in a ? . Not a he or a she, or even an it, but more of an EVERYTHING in and out of the universe.

You know there is secular evidence that prove Jesus Christ walked this earth, right?
  • KplusK
    KplusK Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ok first off if u do read the bible and im going off of the new testament bible it says that this world is ruled by satan...so everything that happened in this world and everything this world has become is a product of satan.When adam and eve decided for themselves to go against ? and believe satan when he said to them their is no need for ? man can rule himself this is why we are living the way we are today.? has giving satan the time to prove to him and mankind without his rule everything will be straight caious and thus we have this.Now if u believe or not thats up to u but all im saying is that the way this world is it has to be a better way or if u believe in evolution that means we will lead ourselves to our own destruction no matter what.I would like to believe that my life is worth more than the way people live now and thats why i live it differently.And honestly u say go of ur opions why do that.U cant go off of opions with anything else u have to research and study to somehow find what ur looking for.
  • KplusK
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You know there is secular evidence that prove Jesus Christ walked this earth, right?

Jesus christ did walk this earth thats a fact do the research only question is was he who people say he was as far as coming down and dying for our sins.And i dont believe Jesus and ? is the same person cant be
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    KplusK wrote: »
    ok first off if u do read the bible and im going off of the new testament bible it says that this world is ruled by satan...so everything that happened in this world and everything this world has become is a product of satan.When adam and eve decided for themselves to go against ? and believe satan when he said to them their is no need for ? man can rule himself this is why we are living the way we are today.? has giving satan the time to prove to him and mankind without his rule everything will be straight caious and thus we have this.Now if u believe or not thats up to u but all im saying is that the way this world is it has to be a better way or if u believe in evolution that means we will lead ourselves to our own destruction no matter what.I would like to believe that my life is worth more than the way people live now and thats why i live it differently.And honestly u say go of ur opions why do that.U cant go off of opions with anything else u have to research and study to somehow find what ur looking for.

Excellent post. When people believe that they come from monkeys, you've truly reached a place of complete and utter worthlessness. Mankind has degraded and debased itself by believing that we are the offspring of monkeys. No wonder why there is no value for human life anymore. And to only think that the worst is yet to come in the depravity of mankind.
  • blakfyahking
    edited January 2010
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    REAL LOVE. if you love a person, they're suppose to love you back. you're suppose to do stuff for them and vice versa. In real love that happens. what you're describing in that quote above is not real love.... in fact it's "simping" as they say. now for that feeling the spirit gives, it might make you feel that way. but real love is if that spirit feels the same about you. but you won't know that till your time is called. then you'll know if it's real love or not.

that doesn't impact what I'm saying. who's to tell a simp what he feel isn't real? and what about the love you feel for your child? or a craft or talent you like to utilize? love is not one type of feeling.

what I'm saying is if someone is able to believe in something as abstract as love even though it's not able to be seen, why is it hard for people to believe peoples' faith isn't just as strong?

even if you are just a simp for ? LOL
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited January 2010
    Options
    KplusK wrote: »
    Jesus christ did walk this earth thats a fact do the research only question is was he who people say he was as far as coming down and dying for our sins.And i dont believe Jesus and ? is the same person cant be

Why can't Jesus be ? ?
  • KplusK
    edited January 2010
    Options
    that doesn't impact what I'm saying. who's to tell a simp what he feel isn't real? and what about the love you feel for your child? or a craft or talent you like to utilize? love is not one type of feeling.

what I'm saying is if someone is able to believe in something as abstract as love even though it's not able to be seen, why is it hard for people to believe peoples' faith isn't just as strong?

even if you are just a simp for ? LOL

*clap clap bravo
This discussion has been closed.