• Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    i aint bout to read that ?

i just drop one liners and then never come back to this thread again
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    In fact, religious people get upset when they're not allowed to indoctrinate other peoples' kids through public schools.

this is a very broad generalization. I really dont care if a kid can pray in school or not, and I consider myself religious. If i want my kid to pray, ill send them to a catholic school.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Why can't logic and reason go together with religion? You kinda need logic and reason to get through life lol

What happens when you apply logic and reason to the core supernatural beliefs of religion, though? You can't honestly conclude that they make sense.
    this is a very broad generalization. I really dont care if a kid can pray in school or not, and I consider myself religious. If i want my kid to pray, ill send them to a catholic school.
    This is a very common misconception. Student prayer (and other religious activities) has never been banned from US public schools. The rule is that teachers and other staff can't use their positions as representatives of the state to indoctrinate kids into particular religions. There is a very popular movement among US Christians to overturn this simple and sensible rule. They don't want religious freedom. They want control.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Word, at this point I've preached the good word to many and have helped enlighten over a dozen people to the atheistic conclusion.

And for that, I feel I own them.

Pawns they are.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    KTULU u know no woman wants to have kids with your weird ass
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    smh yall preach about thinkin 4 yo self.... why don't u jus not do anything and let yo child choose if they will be atheists or not
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    smh yall preach about thinkin 4 yo self.... why don't u jus not do anything and let yo child choose if they will be atheists or not

Why don't Christians just not do anything and let they children choose if they will be Christian or not?
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Why don't Christians just not do anything and let they children choose if they will be Christian or not?

lol some do.....
  • Bombella
    Bombella Members Posts: 33
    edited December 2011
    If you call yourself an Atheist, you're guaranteed corny...
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Bombella wrote: »

real ? 10 years ago i didnt meet one person who wanted to be called atheist

now since its cool all kinds of folks wanna be atheist
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    real ? 10 years ago i didnt meet one person who wanted to be called atheist

now since its cool all kinds of folks wanna be atheist

Given that you were what? twelve 10 years ago, theres probably tons of ? that existed that you weren't aware off.
  • 7ElevenBeats
    7ElevenBeats Members Posts: 4
    edited December 2011
    children dont really have the best decision making abilities, a child would choose a candy bar over Christianity (coming from a Christian)
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
  • dirtyrodney
    dirtyrodney Members Posts: 556
    edited December 2011
    This seems to be a "? happens" thread
  • dirtyrodney
    dirtyrodney Members Posts: 556
    edited December 2011

Cosign, if you raising a child to learn to think logically and objectively, they'll probably come to the conclusion religion is ? either way.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Easiest way to do that is expose them to different cultures, travel, science and education. Oh yeah, move them out the hood!

From my experiences most overly religious people are limited in their experiences and education. Religion is a coping mechanism for a lot of poor people!
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    zombie wrote: »
    Not every thing that happens is part of gods plan .

either ? is in full control of the events that happen in our day to day life or he isnt at all....cant happen both ways. If ? designs all the rules of our universe and already knows what is going to happen then how could any thing fall outside of his plan?
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Because than they most likely won't believe in the hogwash of some of their stories (adam and eve, Noahs ark, Resurrection of a Human)
    Bombella wrote: »
    bad generalization homie
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Easiest way to do that is expose them to different cultures, travel, science and education. Oh yeah, move them out the hood!

From my experiences most overly religious people are limited in their experiences and education. Religion is a coping mechanism for a lot of poor people!

Extremely powerful post. I've been saying this since I was 16....religion is a way for many poor motherfuckas to find meaning into their world. Religion is a scam sadly a lot of people fall into because their logical and reasoning skills are not up to par. I'm not atheist but I'll be damned before I start praising a book like the Bible that supports evil and atrocities.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this thread wasn't stickied why? Seems like 75% of the IC is either Atheist or Agnostic.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Mister B. wrote: »
    And this thread wasn't stickied why? Seems like 75% of the IC is either Atheist or Agnostic.
    ...well right now the post before yours is about 21 months old. so a new thread is a better idea than bumping this one.

This discussion has been closed.