Stephen Strasburg will make his MLB debut June 8th vs the Pirates

Options
MillzOG
MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
edited June 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
ya buying into the hype about him supposed to be this great new pitcher from day 1??

I hope so, hes on my fantasy baseball squad

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I think he will do very good in that first start
  • damon03
    damon03 Members Posts: 493
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I can't wait to see how he does. His best pitch is the fastball which can reach up to 101 mph. I dont know if his has the type of movement Ubaldo has though
  • MillzOG
    edited May 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    I think he will do very good in that first start

yea its the Pirates so i expect a good 1st start to, but the pressure is gonna be on...im sure this is gonna be the first sell out crowd for the Nationals
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    A lot of pressure on the kid Curt Schilling called him the best pitcher hes ever seen smh i hope he does well tho he has all the talent in the world. Win/Loss Predictions?
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    he may be. he's blowing ? away in the minors so he may step in and do just fine

my ? aroldis chapman making progress too in AAA too. im glad were winning now so we dont feel like we have to rush him
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    im tryin to get tickets for that ? now from my aunt
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    he may be. he's blowing minors always in the big leagues so he may step in and do just fine

my ? aroldis chapman making progress too in AAA too. im glad were winning now so we dont feel like we have to rush him

whaaaaaaa??
  • Dick Shitman
    edited May 2010
    Options
    whaaaaaaa?? no nigganudes in this thread?

you better than that bro
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    you better be strapped bro!

? what?
  • Dick Shitman
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? what? you dont yearn for the touch of another man?

dont co-sign me no mo
  • prada_g24
    prada_g24 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    he's new and nobody in the bigs ever faced him so i think he'll do well if his nerves dont get to him. its like when a pitcher goes from A.L to N.L, they always seem to do well 1st time around then the league catches up to them
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    dont co-sign me no mo

hahahahaha
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i have no ill will for him
  • MillzOG
    edited May 2010
    Options
    he may be. he's blowing ? away in the minors so he may step in and do just fine

no ? !.......
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    no ? !.......

haha that would have been too easy
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    He'll Be Ight, i Dont think The Nationals will Let him Go Deep into Games this year at all, Im expecting a lot of 5 innings to 6 inning games pitched by him........ they want to baby sit this Kid.

And Aroldis Chapman of the Reds wont be up this Year, he's got Control issues in Triple-A ....he's just a Thrower right now and not a Polised pitcher, i'd be very surprised to see chapman at all this year....
  • KplusK
    KplusK Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i think he's gonna be a beast tall and ? like the big unit and have a mean fastball i think if he mature and develope his game yeah he can win a few awards.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited May 2010
    Options
    no ? !.......

lol...............
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited May 2010
    Options
    KplusK wrote: »
    i think he's gonna be a beast tall and ? like the big unit and have a mean fastball i think if he mature and develope his game yeah he can win a few awards.

What????

Stephen Strasburg is 6'4

Randy Johnson is 6'11

*Confused Face*...
  • KplusK
    edited May 2010
    Options
    What????

Stephen Strasburg is 6'4

Randy Johnson is 6'11

*Confused Face*...

? 6'4 is still tall what you talking bout how many ? you hang out with thats that tall and can throw 101 mph....ok ill wait
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    no ? !.......

lol @ using the whole phrase
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? 6'4 is still tall what you talking bout how many ? you hang out with thats that tall and can throw 101 mph....ok ill wait

Did i say anything about him not throwing hard?? where exactly did i say that at????............. how bout i Wait..

And you Said he's Tall like Randy Johnson When he's no where near his Height

SMH , yea 6'4 is good height but Every team doesn't have a 6'11 baseball player, horrible comparison.
  • KplusK
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Did i say anything about him not throwing hard?? where exactly did i say that at????............. how bout i Wait..

SMH , yea 6'4 is good height but Every team doesn't have a 6'11 baseball player, horrible comparison.

you compared heights like it made a difference ohhh he's 6'11 and he's 6'4 like it really makes a difference they have an advantage either way cause of the height thats what i was saying and they both throw like unless you have a lock on their pitch ur not gonna hit it unless you get lucky
  • KplusK
    edited May 2010
    Options

thats my point how many teams you know have a pitcher that is 6'4
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited May 2010
    Options
    thats my point how many teams you know have a pitcher that is 6'4

Ummmm A lot, A lot of Pitchers Are Tall Son What are you talking about....You Dont watch much baseball do you??..im not trying to ? on you but a lot of pitchers are tall...not 6'11 tall but there a Damn good many 6'4 pitchers

San Francisco Giants Alone have 7 Pitchers 6'4, 6'5 ...and thats just One team