Official Cheap Seats NBA Player Rankings 7

af.r.i.c.a.
af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Camello Anthony won the 6th spot fair and square with his one dimensional ass ( i know nh @ me wanting to see his ass in 3D) moving on this should be a two horse race for the 7 spot. Increase in dialog would make these threads like the last one would be cool lets keep it up

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited May 2010
    Since number 6 must have been considered whos the greatest offensive player in the NBA im guessing 7 is the greatest defensive player in the NBA, which wether it is or not its Howard.

Puttin up 20 ppg on limited touches and being the best defensive player in the league wether lack of true 5's or not deserves it over the other guys here. Like I said in the last one though, if Paul wasnt comin off surgery he'd be here, he's better offensively and isnt bad on defense but with his knee I'm not gonna give him this spot.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    dwight

*prepares for more he has no post game, if this were 1962 he'd be unemployed, etc posts*
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Dwight all day.... Only comp is CP3 but he's been out a while....
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited May 2010
    *waits for Nash vote*
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited June 2010
    there it is lol @ some one catching feelings and rating this thread
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    How is Dwight Howard better than Dirk other than from a defensive stand point?

? need to get off that Supermans nuts and check resumes for real.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited June 2010
    How is Dwight Howard better than Dirk other than from a defensive stand point?

? need to get off that Supermans nuts and check resumes for real.

decent offense + great defense are better than great offense and no defense
  • Dick Shitman
    edited June 2010

pretty much
  • one_manshow
    edited June 2010

Decent offense? for a center that ? has no more than 3-4 moves down on the block. He has no face up jumper and is not a good free throw shooter. If defense is measured by block shots then cool but that ? wouldn't last 5 seasons if he played with Dream, Ewing, Robinson and the rest of the elite centers in the 90s. Honestly on offense Yao and Bogut have better offense production and IQ then Superman.

Dirk been putting in work each season with the Mavs he has a season MVP and a finals appearance.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited June 2010
    Decent offense? for a center that ? has no more than 3-4 moves down on the block. He has no face up jumper and is not a good free throw shooter.If defense is measured by block shots then cool but that ? wouldn't last 5 seasons if he played with Dream, Ewing, Robinson and the rest of the elite centers in the 90s.

Dirk been putting in work each season with the Mavs he has a season MVP and a finals appearance.

But he doesnt play with those ? so that point is irrelevant

lack of moves and he's still getting you 18-20 ppg and playing great defense

dwight has a finals appearance too and the year dirk won his mvp he was eliminated by an 8th seed
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Dirk is a certified hall of famer

Dwight idk yo
  • Dick Shitman
    edited June 2010
    Dirk is a certified hall of famer

Dwight idk yo

dirk been in the league twice as long tho. 3 time all nba first team, 2 def player of the year awards and he's 24
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited June 2010
    Decent offense? for a center that ? has no more than 3-4 moves down on the block. He has no face up jumper and is not a good free throw shooter. If defense is measured by block shots then cool but that ? wouldn't last 5 seasons if he played with Dream, Ewing, Robinson and the rest of the elite centers in the 90s. Honestly on offense Yao and Bogut have better offense production and IQ then Superman.

20 ppg with what you call a "lack" of a post game is fine by me. Just remember Defense is half of the game and Dwight is no question the best Defensive player in the game.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010

first round L to an 8th seed and a first round L to a 7th seed with a great team around him is the reason he aint top 7, howard got a finals appearance at a younger age and a defensive mvp
  • one_manshow
    edited June 2010
    first round L to an 8th seed and a first round L to a 7th seed with a great team around him is the reason he aint top 7, howard got a finals appearance at a younger age and a defensive mvp

Howard gets his against bums...? is not even the best Center in the league its like a ? gets injured for one season and ppl quick to write them off and be on some "ohhhh ? *insert injured players name* is back.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited June 2010
    Howard gets his against bums...? is not even the best Center in the league its like a ? gets injured for one season and ppl quick to write them off and be on some "ohhhh ? *insert injured players name* is back.

What has Yao every accomplished in his 8 years in the league? Hes had good numbers but thats it and if you wanna look at Dwights best numbers compared to Yaos you would be surprised
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited June 2010
    What has Yao every accomplished in his 8 years in the league? Hes had good numbers but thats it and if you wanna look at Dwights best numbers compared to Yaos you would be surprised

Right, Dwights numbers are better than Yao's, he has a finals appearence, mutliple playoff wins including series. I understand people talkin about Howards lack of a true post game, me n you talked about it before because I dont think he does either, but for someone to average 20+ a year and be a terrible free throw shooter points to at least a decent offensive game. Dude just hates dwight. Kobe, Lebron, and Dwight you swear been running around for years ? everybodys mother the hate they get.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited June 2010
    Right, Dwights numbers are better than Yao's, he has a finals appearence, mutliple playoff wins including series. I understand people talkin about Howards lack of a true post game, me n you talked about it before because I dont think he does either, but for someone to average 20+ a year and be a terrible free throw shooter points to at least a decent offensive game. Dude just hates dwight. Kobe, Lebron, and Dwight you swear been running around for years ? everybodys mother the hate they get.

let me say it before they do

"if wilt chamberlain and george mikan were around, dwight would be bussin tables"
    "he's in the east. my nephew's 6 and under team could make the finals in the east."
    "all he does is dunk. the next time he has a wide open dunk he should dribble out to 15 feet and shoot the jumper. thats what hakeem would have done"
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited June 2010
    Dont forget

"instead of pick and rolls for easy oops he should be posting out 10 ft away and hitting fade-aways."
    and
    "Bargnani hits threes and he's a center why can Howard"

Really though, Dwights a beast, put him in back in the day and his hercules lookin ass would just shove people under the basket and yam on em anyway.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited June 2010
    dwight seems to be the only star player i can think of where his negatives are consistently brought up before his positives.

even kobe/lebron haters acknowledge the talent of the other.
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    lol @ Dwight takin hate for being the 7th best player in the league.... I could see if he was voted at 3 or 4.... 7th is perfect....