who should get r.o.y in the nfl?

Options
IamtheVILLE
IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
i ask this cause mike and mike are on sportscenter and they said andy dalton and im like cam is killin those ? . just like white people not to give a ? qb the r.o.y.

Comments

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Cam: 3093 yards, 239/392 61%, 12 TD, 14 Int, 81.1 rating.
    86 rush, 464 yards, 10 TD

Andy: 2,509 yards, 218/363 60.1%, 16 TD, 12 Int, 81.8 rating.
    11 rush, 81 yards, 1 TD

Cam's stat line looks better...

However... Panthers = 3-8 Bengals = 7-4

That might be the deciding factor. I'd have to wait to see the Bengals final record and if they make playoffs.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    A.J. Green

Dalton looks average when hes not throwing the ball to him.

When Green dont play they dont win
  • IamtheVILLE
    edited November 2011
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Cam: 3093 yards, 239/392 61%, 12 TD, 14 Int, 81.1 rating.
    86 rush, 464 yards, 10 TD

Andy: 2,509 yards, 218/363 60.1%, 16 TD, 12 Int, 81.8 rating.
    11 rush, 81 yards, 1 TD

Cam's stat line looks better...

However... Panthers = 3-8 Bengals = 7-4

That might be the deciding factor. I'd have to wait to see the Bengals final record and if they make playoffs.
    Andy Dalton fighting for a playoff spot though. Cincy had a losing record last year just like the Panthers. He helped turned Cincy into a playoff contending team after a losing season. Cam turned a losing team into well...........a losing team. You can argue that Cam has had a tougher schedule and I agree but this isn't college. There's no BCS rankings. It's WINS AND LOSSES. Cam has better numbaz but Dalton is winning.

my cuzin just said the same thang yall said. my fault. close thread
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Aj Green or Andy Dalton, possibly Cam, but his team will win 5 games at the most.
  • Hypernova
    Hypernova Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Cam is having a pretty good season individually. Although he has made mistakes, he's put up big numbers against pretty good teams, including the defending champs

Granted, Cam doesn't remotely have the defense Dalton is afforded, Dalton has performed well and his team is above .500. So, Dalton deserves it.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i ask this cause mike and mike are on sportscenter and they said andy dalton and im like cam is killin those ? . just like white people not to give a ? qb the r.o.y.

They gave it to Vince Young even though Colston was balling outta control under the radar and Vince was just mediocre.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Man Eff it....Im considering all the arguments but I gotta ride with Cam. No one knew Bengals defense would be this good but shiit they are while Cam got that ? on the other side. If you start considering where they were drafted and the pressure on each to succeed, there's no competition. If Bengals make the playoffs, there's a discussion to be had otherwise that's Cam's trophy EASY

and Hell No to AJ Green
  • IamtheVILLE
    edited November 2011
    Options
    maybe im just a cam stan. n/h
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Cam Newton, dude has kept his team in every game and his doesn't have a stud defense like Dalton to keep him in games. He also rejuvenated Steve Smiths career
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    winning>>>>losing

matter of fact newton and dalton should share it
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Andy Dalton has the wins Newton has the stats.

Even with losses to the Steelers and Ravens the Bengals still kept it close and are winning games.

If Bengals make the playoffs as a wildcard Dalton gets the award.
  • IamtheVILLE
    edited November 2011
    Options
    damn even my cuzin was sayin cam had no defense. this ? is gettin real
  • usmarin3
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Come on man, lets not act like Dalton is carrying a franchise like how Cam is. Dalton just managed to walk into a situation that is better than Cam. He has a good coach who has been there for a while, a great defense, great receiving core from the year before, and a good rb.

Big difference in carrying a franchise and having expectations from a ? ass team the year before, than walking into a situation where you don't have to carry a team.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I mess with cam and he is definately better his first year than expected ...but he's cooled down and this kid dalton is doing his thang with numbers that are identical and a team record that is better ...i would go with dalton unless cam has a few more monster games ...the better question tho is Peterson or Von Miller for DROTY?
  • usmarin3
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Offense wise, Cam has the same amount of weapons(Smith, Oden, Shockey, Cadillac). Cincy was a ? ass team the year before 2.

Dude, everyone thought Smith, Shockey, and Olson were washed up. When was the last time you heard anyone talk about Smith.

Carolina had the last rank offense last year
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Come on man, lets not act like Dalton is carrying a franchise like how Cam is. Dalton just managed to walk into a situation that is better than Cam. He has a good coach who has been there for a while, a great defense, great receiving core from the year before, and a good rb.

Big difference in carrying a franchise and having expectations from a ? ass team the year before, than walking into a situation where you don't have to carry a team.

where is he carrying them to tho?? another loosing season? all that he's draggin his team by himself talk goes out the window when you aint winning ? .... and its a fallacy to say that anyways like he doesnt have talent around him on offense ... and as far as the bengals that defense didnt just come out of nowhere that defense has been good for the past couple of years ...in 09 they were ranked 4th... last year 15th but they had a bunch of injuries in the secondary ....and on top of that the only thing cam has on dalton is yards ..... he has more ints than passing td's and their completion% is almost the same ...not close to open and shut on this situation...
  • dmv_use2thewait
    dmv_use2thewait Members Posts: 1,239 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think its Von Miller....58 tkl, 10.5 sacks, 3 FF thru 11 games. Miller is out there lookin like a vet.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    cam is the offensive rookie of the year.

the voters know that Cam isn't the reason the panthers are losing and Dalton isn't the reason the bengals are winning
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    People saying von miller.... the award is split into offensive/defensive.

It's pretty obvious that von will be DROY.

If the Bengals make the playoffs... it'd be hard pressed to say Cam over Dalton.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Damb my ? cam is ballin. Im at work and it sucks
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Defensive Rookie- Von Miller

Offensive- Either Cam Newton or Andy Dalton

Patrick Peterson wont win cause hes been getting burned all year.. .his impact is on special teams..
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    cam is the offensive rookie of the year.

the voters know that Cam isn't the reason the panthers are losing and Dalton isn't the reason the bengals are winning

This right here, even as a Bengals fan myself i know this is true....less is being asked of Dalton than Cam

Dalton is playing Solid but that damn Defense keeps them in games and gives them the best chance to win every week
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Dalton will win b/c players on better teams are always rewarded. I would say it's Cam but Dalton isn't far behind. On defense right now it's Von Miller hands down. JJ Watt, Aldon Smith, Ryan Kerrigan, and Patrick Peterson have all been more than solid though.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Dalton will win b/c players on better teams are always rewarded. I would say it's Cam but Dalton isn't far behind. On defense right now it's Von Miller hands down. JJ Watt, Aldon Smith, Ryan Kerrigan, and Patrick Peterson have all been more than solid though.

Von Miller has 10 Sacks tho' ..i know that doesn't define a entire player but being #3 overall in the sack department is hard to argue against

and Patrick peterson hasn't been all that as far as actual defense .
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Dalton maybe the ROY and probably deserves it....but if I had to pick...I'd go with Killa...I think in the long run Cam is going to be a beast.