The Real Face of Jesus...

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Curious as to your thoughts on this program on the History channel. It aired again tonight so I wanted to ask opinions on how they think the shroud is "real" how the image got there etc

Forget the fact that they made him the "white jesus" it's just something Americans can relate to better I guess lol but what do you think?

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Well the people who did it were christian so that explains why they think it was Jesus because other scientist and also certain christian scientist have doubted its authenticity. As for how the image got there I'm stumped, just because its hard to explain does not mean its divine though like they tried alluding to. If you want to know why and how its not real I can explain it to you since the program was on it is Jesus for sure type stuff.

Personally I think its just a regulaur guy, DNA tests concluded the guy wrapped in it had leprocy which explains why he was wrapped up and sealed into a tomb. Unless Jesus died of Leprosy this pretty much says it all. Also the weave of the fabric wasnt started until the 1300's, which is after Jesus died, well after. There was a National Geographic article on it around Christmas of last year ill check on the site and see if I can find the article ill post it if I find it.
  • VIBE
    edited June 2010
    Options
    As for how the image got there I'm stumped, just because its hard to explain does not mean its divine though like they tried alluding to.

Did you see what they said about how it appeared there though? The way the "light" from his body emitted from Him when he was risen... even them re-creating it was interesting, the way the light directions couldn't have happened.

Yeah, post up that other thing..
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Look up Ceasar Borgia
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited June 2010
    Options
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/12/091216-shroud-of-turin-jesus-jerusalem-leprosy.html

That was pretty easy to find.

As far as the light like I said Im stumped, there was some Italian scientist in the 70's though who re-created an image using iron oxide, his oven, and his wash machine and salt water. He told people the image just showed up after he had a dream about ? and awoke to a bright light, alot of people were fooled and believed him, alot of other experts said "yup theres no way to re-create this either" then he told them how he did and they all had eggs on their face.

You gotta remember though, alot of scientists haven't tried re-creating this or even bothered with it because they are agnostic or athiest and they stopped once the leprosy was discovered. The test on the history channel was done by christians and really only focused on explosive light, they didnt move outside to other forms of testing.
  • VIBE
    edited June 2010
    Options
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/12/091216-shroud-of-turin-jesus-jerusalem-leprosy.html

As far as the light like I said Im stumped, there was some Italian scientist in the 70's though who re-created an image using iron oxide, his oven, and his wash machine and salt water. He told people the image just showed up after he had a dream about ? and awoke to a bright light, alot of people were fooled and believed him, alot of other experts said "yup theres no way to re-create this either" then he told them how he did and they all had eggs on their face.

You gotta remember though, alot of scientists haven't tried re-creating this or even bothered with it because they are agnostic or athiest and they stopped once the leprosy was discovered. The test on the history channel was done by christians and really only focused on explosive light, they didnt move outside to other forms of testing.

You know what I find funny though? Is many will swear by this, but then you point out the bible says he was recognizable that he was beaten so bad. Not only that, parts of his beard were missing (if not whole was)

Then they try to say, "well when he rose, he was perfect". Then you point out the blood and rest of the body being imperfect and they're stumped and say something silly like, "well, you can't question this"

lol it's funny

Also I don't even think that's even CLOSE to the way Jesus looked. Didn't the bible say he wasn't a good looking man?

I think this picture was pretty close...

tb_jesuslead-lg.jpg

They based this off the way they looked back then. What they would use to shave with and all etc etc I cannot remember but this showing is the most plausible in my opinion.
  • VIBE
    edited June 2010
    Options

Seems to me they left out the part where they found remains along with this SoT. (in the story where they think it's actually Jesus)
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited June 2010
    Options
    That's another reason I dont think it was real. Even though your white im sure you realize that Jesus would have been either black or arab. Around the time those who claim its false think it was made was between 1350-1400 A.D. At that time Europeans were in Jerusalem. The image they created in the show was clearly European, no arab or black features, this tells me the shroud covered a European white male, not Jesus. Also something thats overlooks, they speak about the head seeming like it may have had thorns around it, yet the arms are crossed and hands visible in the outline and theres no evidence of punctures in them, I always wondered why it was like that. I remember talkin to a christian in a barbershop about it and he said somethings looked better than they were because the image was put on the shroud as Jesus was beginning to heal from his wounds. The fact he woulda healed completely in 3 days seems funny to me, his answer to that was well ? helped to heal him, I asked why ? just didnt heal him at once why make it a semi slow process and all he came up with was "? works in mysterious ways my brother".

And about the remains I read somewhere online the christian response was that the remains were someone elses because Jesus shared the tomb with other people. I always try to look at both sides then make a decision but really? If Jesus shared it with other people why did this amazing flash have no effect on other people, why is it that only those remains were found there, im sure the other peoples bones would have been there to not just one set.
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    Look up Ceasar Borgia

lol, exactly...

white jesus was a ? ...do your research and u'll find this out....

also do your research on the bible scriptrues, and they clearly state jesus was black, as were the entire tribe of judah...and levi for that matter.....hence why they were continully mistaken for egyptians, n how moses was raised by egyptians....

how could they have been white ?...smh jus smh.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I think the ? clearly was more about the authenticity of the shroud and how the image was made but I guess ? cant read.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I think the ? clearly was more about the authenticity of the shroud and how the image was made but I guess ? cant read.

so you want to know about the authenticity huh? LOL

jokes. yeah I know the image itself being there baffles me more than whether or not it is J.C himself.. I think more things in that respect to point towards no it isn't J.C, but the image thing had me wondering is this the only shroud out there with a ? image on it?? Surely there are more...
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    asking for the real face of jesus in this day and age is like asking to see ?

people are going to speculate vastly
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    asking for the real face of jesus in this day and age is like asking to see ?

people are going to speculate vastly

if your're a black man...you can look in the mirror and see jesus everyday.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    if your're a black man...you can look in the mirror and see jesus everyday.

Really? i didnt know spirits had skin color much less skin. So I bet it was a huge holy ghost celebration when obama was sworn into office.

lol at this bein the theme song in heaven

everybody in heaven like "THATS MY ? !!!! HAHA WE IN THERE ? WHITEY!!"
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited June 2010
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »
    so you want to know about the authenticity huh? LOL

jokes. yeah I know the image itself being there baffles me more than whether or not it is J.C himself.. I think more things in that respect to point towards no it isn't J.C, but the image thing had me wondering is this the only shroud out there with a ? image on it?? Surely there are more...

I dropped a link to an article explainin why its fake and all that on the first page
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    He looked like this...........

Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    also do your research on the bible scriptrues, and they clearly state jesus was black-
    i think i can predict the scriptures that will be quoted