Simple question, who is the best NFL qb? Rodgers,Brady,Brees?

Options

Comments

• IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    damn this is real c/s ? .
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Welker was a nobody before brady
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    2007 w/Brady: 112 receptions for 1175 yards and 8 TDs
    2008 w/Cassel: 111 receptions for 1165 yards and 3 TDs

Brady has arguably the GOAT season for a QB while Cassel starts in his first game since high school. rofl

This white boy had the most catches and 2nd most yards his last year in Miami despite coming off the bench. with ? ass Joey Harrington as his QB.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    edited November 2011
    Options
    And no ? Green Bay and N.O. have better wide receivers, but Brady has the best Tight End duo in the league.

Gronkowski = Graham
    Hernandez = Finley

Combine that with a slot receiver who nobody can cover one on one, you have a recipe for success.

His O-line>>>>Rodgers O-line

Get hits on him, he panics and makes mistakes. Get hits on Rodgers, he gets outside the pocket and destroys your secondary.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Brady has arguably the GOAT season for a QB while Cassel starts in his first game since high school. rofl

This white boy had the most catches and 2nd most yards his last year in Miami despite coming off the bench. with ? ass Joey Harrington as his QB.

Damn, son just dropped facts on yall.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Good points, still aint changing my opinion, when branch won the superbowl mvp he got a big contract and was being called a top 5 wideout, when he left he really wasnt ? , welker fits the system perfect and cassell was in that system 4 years, belichick kept him around for a reason the pats dont do things like the colts we actually keep a decent backup, regardless brady is getting it done with less and i still think when the playoffs come around not having a guy like what chad was supposed to be for us will catch up to them
  • its....JOHN B
    edited November 2011
    Options
    And no ? Green Bay and N.O. have better wide receivers, but Brady has the best Tight End duo in the league.

Gronkowski = Graham
    Hernandez = Finley

Combine that with a slot receiver who nobody can cover one on one, you have a recipe for success.

Get hits on him, he panics and makes mistakes. Get hits on Rodgers, he gets outside the pocket and destroys your secondary.

opinion not fact, we're on our 3rd center and green bay got some pro bowlers on that line, pats might have a better line overall but not enough to factor that in, saints easily got the best line
  • PanchoYoSancho
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Good points, still aint changing my opinion, when branch won the superbowl mvp he got a big contract and was being called a top 5 wideout, when he left he really wasnt ? , welker fits the system perfect and cassell was in that system 4 years, belichick kept him around for a reason the pats dont do things like the colts we actually keep a decent backup, regardless brady is getting it done with less and i still think when the playoffs come around not having a guy like what chad was supposed to be for us will catch up to them
    Branch is not Welker. Never has been. Comparing a SB MVP to what Welker has been doing for 5 years is stupid.

rofl @ you calling Cassel a system QB. Your basically saying the same about Brady then.

Your argument is like saying Rice was a system player cause he played with two HOF QBs and a league MVP in Gannon. It makes no sense. Marvin Harrison always had Peyton. T.O. always had a good QB (Young/Garica/McNaab/Romo). That whole QB/WR gets tired.

opinion not fact, we're on our 3rd center and green bay got some pro bowlers on that line, pats might have a better line overall but not enough to factor that in, saints easily got the best line

? . The Packers O-line is not good. Hasnt been good for a long time.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Branch is not Welker. Never has been. Comparing a SB MVP to what Welker has been doing for 5 years is stupid. Branch had one season with more that 60 catches and only a near 1,000 yards season (998 yards in '05) and never came close outside of that season. And Branch put up the same numbers his first three years in Seattle despite missing 15 games.

rofl @ you calling Cassel a system QB. Your basically saying the same about Brady then.

Your argument is like saying Rice was a system player cause he played with two HOF QBs and a league MVP in Gannon. It makes no sense. Marvin Harrison always had Peyton. T.O. always had a good QB (Young/Garica/McNaab/Romo). That whole QB/WR gets tired.

• Silverfoxxx
    Silverfoxxx Members Posts: 1,066
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • PanchoYoSancho
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Deion Branch...

62.4 YPG in '05 with the Patriots
    60.1 YPG in '07 with the Seahawks
    57.1 YPG in '11 with the Patriots
    53.5 YPG in '03 with the Patriots
    51.8 YPG in '06 with the Seahawks
    51.5 YPG in '08 with the Seahawks

50.4 YPG in with the Patriots

5 TDs in '05 with Patriots (16 Games)
    4 TDs in '07 with the Seahawks (11 Games)
    4 TDs in '11 with the Patriots (11 Games)
    4 TDs in '06 with the Seahawks (14 Games)
    4 TDs in '08 with the Seahawks (8 Games)

4 TDs in '04 with the Patriots (9 Games)

And LMFAO @ anybody calling Branch a top 5 wideout. You're just making up ? statements to help your argument. Those "people" dont exist.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ether bombs are being dropped lmao.
  • its....JOHN B
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Branch is not Welker. Never has been. Comparing a SB MVP to what Welker has been doing for 5 years is stupid.

Didnt say all that, did he not get a big contract in seattle?? did he live up to that contract?? no, if welker leaves hes going to get a bigger contract and what im trying to tell you is he wont put up the same numbers anywhere else, without brady welker isnt called the greatest slot reciever of all time or putting up close to the numbers hes putting up and until it happens thats how i see it
  • its....JOHN B
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Branch is not Welker. Never has been. Comparing a SB MVP to what Welker has been doing for 5 years is stupid. Branch had one season with more that 60 catches and only a near 1,000 yards season (998 yards in '05) and never came close outside of that season. And Branch put up the same numbers his first three years in Seattle despite missing 15 games.

not worth factoring in, brees and rodgers are working with better weapons period, maybe im biased but im still taking brady
  • CoolJoe
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Didnt say all that, did he not get a big contract in seattle?? did he live up to that contract?? no, if welker leaves hes going to get a bigger contract and what im trying to tell you is he wont put up the same numbers anywhere else, without brady welker isnt called the greatest slot reciever of all time or putting up close to the numbers hes putting up and until it happens thats how i see it

Without the Patriots system maybe....
  • PanchoYoSancho
    edited November 2011
    Options

1. I dont care what Branch was paid. He hadnt shown anything in his entire career in New England for anybody to say he'd be a top 5 receiver like you claim. If Seattle was dumb enough to pay him as such, that's their problem, not his.

2. You have no idea what Welker would do outside of New England, so quit acting like you do. First you say it's Brady. Then I shut that argument down by pointing out what he did in '08 with Cassel, and you say it's the system. Make up your mind.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    edited November 2011
    Options
    And rofl @ you ignoring the stats I put up for Branch....
    Deion Branch...

62.4 YPG in '05 with the Patriots
    60.1 YPG in '07 with the Seahawks
    57.1 YPG in '11 with the Patriots
    53.5 YPG in '03 with the Patriots
    51.8 YPG in '06 with the Seahawks
    51.5 YPG in '08 with the Seahawks

50.4 YPG in with the Patriots

5 TDs in '05 with Patriots (16 Games)
    4 TDs in '07 with the Seahawks (11 Games)
    4 TDs in '11 with the Patriots (11 Games)
    4 TDs in '06 with the Seahawks (14 Games)
    4 TDs in '08 with the Seahawks (8 Games)

4 TDs in '04 with the Patriots (9 Games)

And LMFAO @ anybody calling Branch a top 5 wideout. You're just making up ? statements to help your argument. Those "people" dont exist.

He was the same receiver with in Seattle that he was Tom Brady and that system. All despite being injured throught his career in Seattle and never playing a full season with them.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    not worth factoring in, brees and rodgers are working with better weapons period, maybe im biased but im still taking brady

it's really close. brady got the best wr in the game, and 2 beastly te's. rb wise ill take brees and the saints(ingram and sproles).

lets break it down,

RB'S
    imgram + sproles
    ryan grant+ james starks
    BGE+ridley/woodhead/faulk

saints win their....

WR'S
    coulston+moore/henderson
    gennings+nelson+driver/jones
    welker+branch+ocho

overall i give that to packers.

TE'S
    graham
    gronk+Hernandez
    finley

thats a ? toss up. but statically, i got pats te's.

? is so close....
  • PanchoYoSancho
    edited November 2011
    Options
    sThere's nothing close about comparing Tight Ends. The Saints have a great TE and the Pack have a really good one. The Pats have both.

Rob Gronkowski: 60 receptions - 864 yards - 11 Touchdowns...only Megatron has more
    Jimmy Graham: 67 receptions - 957 yards - 8 Touchdowns

Aaron Hernandez: 47 receptions - 480 yards - 5 Touchdowns
    Jermichael Finley: 36 receptions - 513 yards - 5 Touchdowns

I will however point out that Brees/Brady throw the ball alot more than Rodgers does.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Welker was a nobody before brady

thank you, same retards every single time trying to discredit him with the same b.s. Not one damn person was paying attention to Welker except billichick when he was playing with the fins, they picked him up because he noticed his play

There's a difference when you're good, and you play with a better player who evaluates your game. That's Wes Welker, he was not doing what he is doing now with the fins, why is that BECAUSE HE IS PLAYING WITH A BETTER QB.
  • ghost!
    edited November 2011
    Options

Gronkowski = Graham
    Hernandez = Finley

Get hits on him, he panics and makes mistakes.

*ahh advise you to check out the jets game, was hit and rushed out the pocket and made plays, has done that quite a few times this year, please stop with the whole pocket passer to mobile QB rant. (or brady is not better because he can't move like rodgers moves)

it's been going on for years now, yes a mobile QB can get out of the pocket, but as history and facts show manning and brady arent mobile and have careers that rodgers is chasing right now.

dont need to be moblie if you are accurate enough, and EVERY QB gets flustered once they get hit alot, it's the whole point of rushing the passer, any analyst will tell you that. and this oline ? gotta stop, because brady gets hit quite a bit. Dying when ? exaggerate what brady has compared to other QBs past, present and future.

his oline is a steel wall now, according to posters but yet DEs get hits and sacks on him.
  • CoolJoe
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    thank you, same retards every single time trying to discredit him with the same b.s. Not one damn person was paying attention to Welker except billichick when he was playing with the fins, they picked him up because he noticed his play

There's a difference when you're good, and you play with a better player who evaluates your game. That's Wes Welker, he was not doing what he is doing now with the fins, why is that BECAUSE HE IS PLAYING WITH A BETTER QB.

I'm still waiting for one of you ? to explain him having relatively no drop off in his second year with the Pats when he played with Matt Cassell.
    Who is horrible.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for one of you ? to explain him having relatively no drop off in his second year with the Pats when he played with Matt Cassell.
    Who is horrible.

I keep checking this thread so I can see the answer these Patriots stans gon say.
  • CoolJoe
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I keep checking this thread so I can see the answer these Patriots stans gon say.

Yea, I'm waiting for some ? excuse.
  • ghost!
    edited November 2011
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    Who is horrible.

first off, the question was never address to me so next time address the question to me if you looking for an answer.

2nd. was Cassell horrible that year, AHH NOPE.

3rd didnt we already establish him being a good player, if your QB can function well in your offensive system then why would their be a drop off? (hello slot wideout, catches the underneath stuff, especially when the dee has other wide outs to worry about)

and before you try to come back with it's the "pats system", steve smith for the panthers have done well with 2,3 different QBs in his career., and hines ward as well (k.stewart anyone)

4. was welker not benefitting from the deep threat they had in moss, which in generally you're number 2 wide out always benefits from the number 1 wide out, that's a simple fomula that if you guys werent hating you would see and get that.
    and before you bring up this year, again welker is a good wide out who has developed, so naturally his career will continue to progress under the the system and qb he's playing with

again another simpletic explanation you guys seem to act like you have no understanding of

pull up welkers numbers with pats, and then pull up his numbers with the fins

and go ahead and explain that too me?

i'll wait.
    that's the better question.

nig please, you add nothing to this, and i can always counterpoint whatever ? you wanna come up with.

also:

right now

1.rodgers

2. brady/brees (both interchangeable , have to wait to their seasons end)