Black student fights for the right to FLY THE CONFEDERATE FLAG in his dorm...

Options
Art-illery
Art-illery Members Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
SMH @ THIS ? .... He would fly that damn flag, but he wouldn't know ? if someone was to ask him about the RED, BLACK, AND GREEN...

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-709533?hpt=hp_bn2
I WILL NOT Take My Confederate Flag DOWN!!!
By GoGreen58 | Posted November 27, 2011 | Bluffton, South Carolina

CNN PRODUCER NOTE GoGreen58 says he loves the South and is proud that one of his ancestors may have been a private in the Confederate Army. He says he started flying the Confederate battle flag two months ago in his dorm room at the University of South Carolina Beaufort. He says had to take it down before the Thanksgiving holiday. He says he has an attorney who is helping him try to get permission to fly the flag again. He sees the flag as a symbol of states' rights, not racism. "The flag isn't racist only an ignorant person can make it racist," he told me.
- davidw, CNN iReport producer

iReport — My college has forced me to take my confederate Flag down becuase they said I am violating a "Racism Code". They can't do that to me because it is a public college and i have my right to freedom of speech. The Sons of Confederate Veterans are on my side and i have an attoney. If they housing department does not allow me to put it back up, after the letter has been sent. Then a HUGE LAWSUIT will take place, becuase the university is violating my right of Freedom of Speech. I'm Black NOT African American and I Dont see the Confederate Flag as a RACIST SYMBOL!!!

Comments