As of today, who are the 5 worst starting QB's in the NFL this year?

Comments

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    b*braze wrote: »
    exactly

? be in here like "sanchez is ? trash!!!" after a bad throw. then i look at the box score and see 4 TDs, then read the game recap and see he had a clutch 4th quarter(again).

im not sure if you watched that jets vs. bills game. i did*i was bored*
    i know what his stats said, but that had to be the most unimpressive 4th quarter comeback, 4 td performance i've ever seen. its like he performed well on his scoring drives, but on his other possessions he was ? pathetic. overthrowing receivers, under-throwing them. trying to force passes in, numerous three and outs.
    the ? was hard to watch
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    just goes to show you how bad Philip Rivers is playing when people start comparing his play to Rookies ....a 3 time pro-bowler

and yes Philip Rivers has been Top 5 one of the worst this year, dont give me no rookies their adjustment to the game is far different than a established QB who's been in the NFL since 2004

T/S said THIS YEAR ...so bringing up Philip old stats are pointless, dude has some Decent RB's a top 5 TE , Vincent Jackson and he playing on a scrub ass level , in such a winable division he's the main reason why they're where they're at , aint even like the division is all that this year ....

he dont get no pass cuz' of his reputation

Expectations of a 3 time Pro-Bowler are much higher than a damn Christian Ponder or Blaine gabbert
  • RumBoxTen
    RumBoxTen Members Posts: 187
    edited November 2011
    peagle05 wrote: »
    tyler palko

Palko one of them dudes that look like there's more than meets the eye but the more you watch him play the more he ? ? up to the point the ? just gets annoying.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    just goes to show you how bad Philip Rivers is playing when people start comparing his play to Rookies ....a 3 time pro-bowler

and yes Philip Rivers has been Top 5 one of the worst this year, dont give me no rookies their adjustment to the game is far different than a established QB who's been in the NFL since 2004

T/S said THIS YEAR ...so bringing up Philip old stats are pointless, dude has some Decent RB's a top 5 TE , Vincent Jackson and he playing on a scrub ass level , in such a winable division he's the main reason why they're where they're at , aint even like the division is all that this year ....

he dont get no pass cuz' of his reputation

Expectations of a 3 time Pro-Bowler are much higher than a damn Christian Ponder or Blaine gabbert

Using that logic, then it wouldnt make sense to exclude rookies. We are strictly talking about this year, not looking at anything dealing with the past. Rivers is NOT bottom five.

Yes, obviously it's harder for a rookie to succeed because NFL is way harder than college. However, no pass for Rivers due to reputation, no pass for rookies due to inexperience.

Dont be hypocritical.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited November 2011
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Using that logic, then it wouldnt make sense to exclude rookies. We are strictly talking about this year, not looking at anything dealing with the past. Rivers is NOT bottom five.

Yes, obviously it's harder for a rookie to succeed because NFL is way harder than college. However, no pass for Rivers due to reputation, no pass for rookies due to inexperience.

Dont be hypocritical.

Rivers has the type of talent around him to be one of the better teams in the league not just his division, he leads the League in INT's and Turnovers and is the main reason why his team is where they currently are...how is he not??

i mean really ya'll hold Palko,Painter to high standards??? really??

ya'll came into the year saying "Damn i know Palko gonna light it up this year....cant wait to see what that boy Curtis painter does on the season "
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Rivers has the type of talent around him to be one of the better teams in the league not just his division, he leads the League in INT's and Turnovers and is the main reason why his team is where they currently are...how is he not??

i mean really ya'll hold Palko,Painter to high standards??? really??

ya'll came into the year saying "Damn i know Palko gonna light it up this year....cant wait to see what that boy Curtis painter does on the season "

We are talkin strictly QB play.

He has a better passer rating than 12 QBs
    More TDs than 21 QBs
    Throws a higher completion % than 21 QBs
    More yards than 27 QBs

Thats not bottom five numbers.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited November 2011
    We are talkin strictly QB play.

He has a better passer rating than 12 QBs
    More TDs than 21 QBs
    Throws a higher completion % than 21 QBs
    More yards than 27 QBs

Thats not bottom five numbers.

all them flashy stats are fine, i hold Rivers to a whole different standard ...dude suppose to be "elite" or at least a top 5 QB ..so my opinion not gonna change
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    all them flashy stats are fine, i hold Rivers to a whole different standard ...dude suppose to be "elite" or at least a top 5 QB ..so my opinion not gonna change

And how does the question "who are the WORST 5 Starting Qbs in the league" have to do anything with standards????

Answer: it doesn't.

It has to do with performance/production.

Yeah Rivers isn't playing like he normally does, but it's still better than a lot of people. That's my point.

Maybe if the question was "who are the 5 biggest QB disappointments" yeah, reputation would have merit in the discussion. But for you to say Rivers is one of the WORST QBS IN THE LEAGUE is simply laughable.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited November 2011
    And how does the question "who are the WORST 5 Starting Qbs in the league" have to do anything with standards????

Answer: it doesn't.

It has to do with performance/production.

Yeah Rivers isn't playing like he normally does, but it's still better than a lot of people. That's my point.

Maybe if the question was "who are the 5 biggest QB disappointments" yeah, reputation would have merit in the discussion. But for you to say Rivers is one of the WORST QBS IN THE LEAGUE is simply laughable.

ok cool

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Im a idiot then cause Sanchez is a bottom 5 QB

He throw 4 TD passes with a 48% completion percentage

FOH
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Wow @ Rivers. He's having a bad year but that's blowing it the ? out of proportion. Right now Rivers has just morphed into Brett Farve at the worst.

Josh Freeman has been terrible this year too, which is weird because he's proven he can play at this level and he has all the tools. Along with a good coach, good rb, good wr.

Have you watched a Buccaneer game this season? Tampa Bay WR are as mediocre as mediocre gets once Mike Williams is shut down. (and that's happened all season) The playmaking WR we were looking to this season was DESMOND BRISCOE.

Think about that for a second. The WRs suck. I'm praying we somehow end up with Nick Toon or Micheal Floyd in the draft.

But Freeman has regressed big time.

Phillip Rivers, hurts me to say that because he's one my fav Qb's but when you lead the league in picks and you have more of those than td's
    He's been gunslinging interceptions to get back in the game really. He just needs to calm the ? down.
    Jay Cutler, just still not sold on dude. He had a hot streak before he got hurt but his past body of work is meh.

Because he's finally got some protection this year.
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    rap doctor wrote: »

FOH
    Yeah... that sums it up pretty much.

Cuz Sanchez is tied for 8th in TD passes, 19th in rating, 15th in yards, 28th in %, all behind a line that lets him get sacked 10th most in the league.

But he's a bottom five QB.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011

FOH

if the shoe fit...
  • Meet The Sniper
    edited November 2011

You just said you aint gonna hold him to his old stats 3 posts ago since it's the past.

So you gonna hold him to his faults and ignore his merits this season?

Sounds like a hater to me.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited November 2011
    You just said you aint gonna hold him to his old stats 3 posts ago since it's the past.

So you gonna hold him to his faults and ignore his merits this season?

Sounds like a hater to me.

ok

• Meet The Sniper
    edited November 2011
    ok

Well then as long as we're clear then.

a-ok_clinton.jpg
  • dmv_use2thewait
    dmv_use2thewait Members Posts: 1,239 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    im not sure if you watched that jets vs. bills game. i did*i was bored*
    i know what his stats said, but that had to be the most unimpressive 4th quarter comeback, 4 td performance i've ever seen. its like he performed well on his scoring drives, but on his other possessions he was ? pathetic. overthrowing receivers, under-throwing them. trying to force passes in, numerous three and outs.
    the ? was hard to watch

Hold up....What? Sometimes i think some of ya'll just like to see your own thoughts and words make it on the internet. That ? is an oxymoron....4th Quarter comeback, 4 td performance and unimpressive.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Yeah... that sums it up pretty much.

Cuz Sanchez is tied for 8th in TD passes, 19th in rating, 15th in yards, 28th in %, all behind a line that lets him get sacked 10th most in the league.

But he's a bottom five QB.

yeah its everybody else's fault

The line causes him to under throw, overthrow, throw costly interceptions, and single handedly lose games
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011

The line causes him to under throw, overthrow, throw costly interceptions, and single handedly lose games

I like how that's the only thing you choose to dispute.

Ok, throw his below avg line out the window. Everything else says he's not a bottom 5. I'm not saying hes the GOAT or top 10 ? , he's not BOTTOM five though. There are some wayyy worse QBs than Sanchez.
  • dmv_use2thewait
    dmv_use2thewait Members Posts: 1,239 ✭✭
    edited November 2011

Sanchez ain't bottom 5 but it definitely ain't just because of his line.
  • ibedamned
    ibedamned Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Matt Moore should be in the mix

i've seen them play, he isnt the reason they lose
  • Duncan21
    Duncan21 Members Posts: 296
    edited November 2011

Are you stupid? Yes, a line can cause a person to underthrow and over throw receivers. You cant set ur feet if u gotta run because ur RT wayne hunter is giving 4.5 sacks to andre carter. And a o coordinator who has his receivers run 6 yard curls if they need 9. And what game did he single handily lose?
  • coop9889
    edited November 2011
    Duncan21 wrote: »
    Are you stupid? Yes, a line can cause a person to underthrow and over throw receivers. You cant set ur feet if u gotta run because ur RT wayne hunter is giving 4.5 sacks to andre carter. And a o coordinator who has his receivers run 6 yard curls if they need 9. And what game did he single handily lose?

He's already stated he's an idiot...

Don't waste your breath man lol
  • Duncan21
    Duncan21 Members Posts: 296
    edited November 2011
    He's already stated he's an idiot...

Don't waste your breath man lol

lol.......
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    SMH @ Sanchez and Rivers being bottom 5

They arent Top 10....but bottom 5?? Kolb, Palko, the ? from the Jags and Colts....and the ? that said Cutler needs to be slapped.