ARE "BEATS by DRE" HEADPHONE WORTH THE MONEY?

Options
DRO
DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
I think them shyts run like 200 on up and im sure u can find some on sale, but are they worth the price tag?.. Them shyts cost much as an ipod~

Comments

• mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing...

I got some Bose in ear headphones and those are great... not big and cumbersome like the beats by dre joints

so I dunno... I thought about buying them, but then I thought is the ridiculous price for sound quality or am I paying for Dre's endorsement?

bose been doing this for years, so I stuck with my bose joints, and they were free...bonus!
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    IMO...no...i've used them before, yes they do improve the quality of the music, but not worth the price they're asking for...my ipod head phones work just fine for me
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think I'm gonna buy some high quality expensive joints and be done with it. I'm on my 4th pair of headphones this year.
  • blackrain
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think I'm gonna buy some high quality expensive joints and be done with it. I'm on my 4th pair of headphones this year.

? i'm on my 2nd pair of headphones since last year...how do people go through head phones so quickly?
  • Louis Cipher
    Louis Cipher Members Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think them shyts run like 200 on up and im sure u can find some on sale, but are they worth the price tag?.. Them shyts cost much as an ipod~

no. they are not...

and anybody spending $200-$400 on earphones that are not professionally in the music biz needs their ass kicked...
  • Idi Amin Dada
    edited November 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    ? i'm on my 2nd pair of headphones since last year...how do people go through head phones so quickly?

I buy chea joints for like 20 a piece. It's wear and tear mostly from the gym Like one will just stop producing sound.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I got the studio joints. If you aren't an audiophile or into music production...I see no purpose in spending that much for headphones. I love mine though....can't complain.
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I just talked my partna out of buying some whats the point of buying hi-quality headphones when most cats listen to low quality music they stole off the net. If you have stuff in CD quality then maybe, but anything else I don't think its gonna matter.
  • Louis Cipher
    Louis Cipher Members Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    gh0st wrote: »
    I just talked my partna out of buying some whats the point of buying hi-quality headphones when most cats listen to low quality music they stole off the net. If you have stuff in CD quality then maybe, but anything else I don't think its gonna matter.

exactly...most of these cats using ipods and/or phones to listen to music...smh...with $200 earphones
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

me too joe i can't even understand why the ? they keep falling apart. mot sure how those Dre junts sound but 200 for some headphones is too dam much. ? a kindle fire tablet is 200
  • twinzmom
    twinzmom Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I got a bootleg pair from Iraq, sound like the real thing I guess.

But speaking of Beats, I watch Book of Eli last night and the girl had Beats in her ear at the end. I thought it didn't fit the time line. But then again there really wasn't a time line.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

good ass point never even really thought about ti like that. most of the ? i get off the net isn't cd quality at all
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options

MP3's do sound better with quality headphones tho. I can easily tell the difference between my headsets that came with my phone compared to my $120 pair of Sony joints. On top of that the phone headsets blew within a month while my Sony's are going on 6 years.

I may invest in some Beats by Dre if my Sony's ever die on me but until then ? all that. They look dope tho
  • blackrain
    edited November 2011
    Options

pretty much...downloading music means you're getting some songs loud, some softer...having expensive ass headphones wouldn't really make a difference
  • Lambent
    Lambent Members Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    My $10 headphones don't last very long either.
  • HustleTree
    HustleTree Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I got a pair and love them.
  • BabyBugatti
    BabyBugatti Members Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i use EARPHONES.
    £7.... lasted for 3 months now and counting...dunno how u ? ? be breaking.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I love my Beats. They should great. But a nice pair of Bose joints or whatever prolly sound as good or better. But to be 100% honest, I dig the look of them more than anything Bose has.
  • I.B. Blackman
    I.B. Blackman Members Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ....Bought these in Japan for $200 in 1999 and they STILL goin strong.

technics-rpdj1200-headphones1.jpg
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I swear every man and their mum these days are wearing these Beats headphones. They're basically Head Candy headphones all over again, i.e overpriced, poorly constructed fashion accessories with ? sound quality. If you want good quality headphones then buy some Sennheiser HD25's or ? off.

Edit: Actually, I take the '? off' comment back, that was a bit strong and uncalled for, but you get my point.
  • Idi Amin Dada
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I swear every man and their mum these days are wearing these Beats headphones. They're basically Head Candy headphones all over again, i.e overpriced, poorly constructed fashion accessories with ? sound quality. If you want good quality headphones then buy some Sennheiser HD25's or ? off.

Edit: Actually, I take the '? off' comment back, that was a bit strong and uncalled for, but you get my point.

Overpriced? Maybe.

Poorly constructed?
    GTFOHWTBSB!
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    twinzmom wrote: »
    i got a bootleg pair from iraq, sound like the real thing i guess.

But speaking of beats, i watch book of eli last night and the girl had beats in her ear at the end. I thought it didn't fit the time line. But then again there really wasn't a time line.

hahaha yeah, i peeped that also...
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    SMH can't ? see you're blowing 200 bucks for a trendy ass hiphop product. Every review i've seen for Beats by Dre have been ? , the tech people say it doesn't measure up to better headphones like Bose.

I swear to ? ? are so trendy, for 75% of the cost you can probably go buy the same quality headphones somewhere else.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nah, Beats and Bose are overrated as far as audiophile-grade headphones/IEM's are concerned.